ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 142
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
warrior 01:49 PM 01-15-2019
After the game Sunday night the moon will turn blood Red in honor of the Chiefs-True story
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:49 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhamBlock:
I think you first need to familiarize yourself with what an amoeba front is, and then you can feel free to actually re-watch our games to see how infrequently we used it, as a % of all of our defensive snaps. We used it on only a couple of plays in the first half that game, which resulted in big 3rd down stops. No, the Chiefs did not have an answer for it. We used it sparingly throughout the season.
:-)
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:50 PM 01-15-2019
I think you first need to familiarize yourself with what an amoeba front is, and then you can feel free to actually re-watch our games to see how infrequently we used it, as a % of all of our defensive snaps. We used it on only a couple of plays in the first half that game, which resulted in big 3rd down stops. No, the Chiefs did not have an answer for it. We used it sparingly throughout the season.
This guy heard Tony Romo say "amoeba front" one time and now he's Vince Lombardi.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 01:52 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
:-)
That's about the level of football knowledge I expected from Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:52 PM 01-15-2019
Guys, don't you know Bill Belichick wanted the Chiefs to score 40 and put up the go-ahead touchdown with 3 minutes left? He was saving his AMOEBA FRONT for when it was really needed.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:55 PM 01-15-2019
I'm sorry, it was a NESN article: https://nesn.com/2018/12/how-patriot...-over-vikings/

I guess the Pats were all out of amoebas against Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:55 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I love how, according to Patriots fans, they simply “double Hill,” and all will be okay. You know, because they’ve contained Kelce and Watkins in the last game. So, assuming they didn’t “double” Hill the last game, which is why he was unstoppable, then how will they contain both Kelce and Watkins. All this while they ignore the fact that they have the 2nd worst road defense in the league. It’s as if they think Sauron will conjure up some never-before-seen defense that allows for “doubling” every receiver we have.

They will have to do what no team has done in about 4 years...score at least 30 to make it a game.

We win by 10.
Haven't you heard? Pats petitioned the NFL and will be allowed to have 14 players on defense & 10 mini-Belichicks. And we all know that 10 mini-Belichicks = 5 1/2 Tyreek Hills. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:56 PM 01-15-2019
The Patriots laid the groundwork throughout the season for stopping pass catching running backs with the amoeba fronts and some of the other disguises - some of which we saw briefly in the 1st half of the week 6 game with a lot of success. This isn't solely meant only to stop pass catching running backs, but more to confuse and overwhelm the opposing QB and OL.

What I think the Patriots will do for a good portion of the night to counter Williams in the passing game is to give the KC offense the impression that they will blitz in one direction, and either drop back and not blitz at all, or disguise where the blitz will actually come from. This will manipulate Mahomes into adjusting his backfield protection, and it will keep Williams in blitz pickup.

For example, we can show blitz up the middle, and force Mahomes to adjust the backfield protection accordingly, keeping Williams in to pick up the blitz, but feign the inside rush and send our DEs from the outside instead. We've set the stage for this unpredictability throughout the year with our amoeba fronts, which we have used only sparingly so far, and no offense has had an answer for it. It's nearly impossible to tell who will bring pressure on these plays.
That will be an interesting chess match. Reid runs arguably the most innovative screen game in the league so you not only have to outsmart mahomes, you have to outsmart Reid. The Chiefs have plenty of answers for it because unlike many offenses, they don't lean on their RBs like a crutch. Nor is he your typical pocket qb who tries to outfox defenses with hot reads. Like rodgers, he's at his best reacting to plays post snap. For a young qb, we haven't seen many instances of mahomes forcing quick passes because he was duped into a hot read. Misreads could affect some protections but I don't think it'll force dumb mistakes and he's slippery enough to improvise if the play breaks down.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 01:58 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
I'm sorry, it was a NESN article:

I guess the Pats were all out of amoebas against Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill.
10 times used all game, which was our highest usage of this defense this season.

Thanks for actually doing some research and supporting my earlier claim. I'm proud of you.
[Reply]
bobbything 02:00 PM 01-15-2019
You guys should have run the amoeba more often. Because we still hung 40 on you in your building. Just because you ran a defensive alignment once or twice, and it worked, doesn’t mean we won’t hang 40 on you again.
[Reply]
WhamBlock 02:01 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That will be an interesting chess match. Reid runs arguably the most innovative screen game in the league so you not only have to outsmart mahomes, you have to outsmart Reid. The Chiefs have plenty of answers for it because unlike many offenses, they don't lean on their RBs like a crutch. Nor is he your typical pocket qb who tries to outfox defenses with hot reads. Like rodgers, he's at his best reacting to plays post snap. For a young qb, we haven't seen many instances of mahomes forcing quick passes because he was duped into a hot read. Misreads could affect some protections but I don't think it'll force dumb mistakes and he's slippery enough to improvise if the play breaks down.
Finally an intelligent post.

I agree that the Chiefs aren't reliant on RBs catching passes, but the reason it will be important for us to limit that aspect is because it has been our weakness in the past. Although we've had some good performances in that respect this season. Our secondary is a very strong unit, so as long as we can minimize the damage against our LBs in coverage, that will be key.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 01-15-2019
That's about the level of football knowledge I expected from Chiefs fans.
I have plenty of football knowledge. I don't tend to exert myself using it on people that have no interest in having an actual conversation, let alone actually understanding what's being talked about.
[Reply]
Mahomer 02:04 PM 01-15-2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:04 PM 01-15-2019
The only thing that changes more than Bill Belichick's defense is WhammyBar's point. :-)
[Reply]
WhamBlock 02:04 PM 01-15-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
You guys should have run the amoeba more often. Because we still hung 40 on you in your building. Just because you ran a defensive alignment once or twice, and it worked, doesn’t mean we won’t hang 40 on you again.
You will see it a lot more often on Sunday in obvious passing situations. This takes an incredible amount of communication to pull off successfully - and indeed, when we use the amoeba front, you will see all of our defenders communicating with one another - and it's why we saw it more and more as the season went on. Communication on the field tends to improve (for every team) the more they play and gel. The Patriots are known for building their playbook throughout the season and constantly adding to it.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 142
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up