ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 367
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:28 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Flipping a Saturn with a bad head gasket. Took me a week to get all the parts off (31 steps) but just got it off today. I haven't done anything like this since I was a kid. I would never had the patience in my younger days. Actually enjoying it.

Sure hope it works...)
Motor?
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:29 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It's plugged into the computer. I am updating it. However, it was updating and froze and even though it said don't unplug, I had to in order to restart. I'm worried that unplugging when it said not to made it reformat as that's what the screen showed.

Now it's flying through the 3000 updates it needs on the computer though. Just wondering if I can check the current tune I have on here.

Once I get it running I know how to change the gear ratio based on what I have googled. I just want to make sure when I select one specific feature, my other tunes won't be changed as well.
you can pick and choose what to change on every one I've ever used.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:31 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
you can pick and choose what to change on every one I've ever used.
Right, I just want to make sure that all these updates I am doing also don't automatically update the car when I plug it in. I'm going straight to the gear ratio, updating, and that's it. I'm just didn't like seeing the word reformatting when it wouldn't update to start and I had to pull and start again.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:32 PM 04-19-2015
Right, I just want to make sure that all these updates I am doing also don't automatically update the car when I plug it in. I'm going straight to the gear ratio, updating, and that's it. I'm just didn't like seeing the word reformatting when it wouldn't update to start and I had to pull and start again.
That would make me a little nervous also, but you only live once.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:33 PM 04-19-2015
That would make me a little nervous also, but you only live once.
:-)

Fuck you!
[Reply]
lewdog 04:34 PM 04-19-2015
My FIL said he never used this thing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:37 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
:-)

I was filling my truck the other day when an old Mustang pulled up to the pump next to me. Good looking car, guessing it was about a '67, healthy sounding V8, and a big ole ricer wing mounted to the back.
I thought about saying something but after running through the probable conversations there was no way it worked out so that I didn't come off sounding like a douche so I just kept my mouth shut.
Color?

[Reply]
lewdog 05:18 PM 04-19-2015
AND LEWDOG WINS! Went for it and looks like everything else stayed and speedometer is on. Although it still seems off by about 2-3 MPH from my GPS which is dead on with my wife's civic. Better than being off 10+ MPH off like my father-in-law.

Took car on 10 minutes cruise. We joked it looks like a weekend car to our neighbors. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 05:54 PM 04-19-2015
I am so proud of myself I could cry. Even my wife is proud of me. I think things are safe with the car. I feel good.

Rep this boy baby!
[Reply]
lewdog 06:07 PM 04-19-2015
Last post in here about this but my FIL said he never tuned the car using the SCT tuner. So he says as long as I went in and just adjusted the axle ratio, nothing else would have been changed. Weird that he bought it but never used it. What a goofy old man. :-)
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:01 PM 04-19-2015
AND LEWDOG WINS! Went for it and looks like everything else stayed and speedometer is on. Although it still seems off by about 2-3 MPH from my GPS which is dead on with my wife's civic. Better than being off 10+ MPH off like my father-in-law.

Took car on 10 minutes cruise. We joked it looks like a weekend car to our neighbors. :-)
the larger diameter wheel/tires will throw it off as well, IIRC you can adjust for that as well if you get the itch.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 07:02 PM 04-19-2015
Last post in here about this but my FIL said he never tuned the car using the SCT tuner. So he says as long as I went in and just adjusted the axle ratio, nothing else would have been changed. Weird that he bought it but never used it. What a goofy old man. :-)
has the car ever been tuned for those cams?
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 08:07 PM 04-19-2015
2-3 + mph is what most manufacturers have it set for. Good job.
[Reply]
KC native 08:11 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Call me!

Talked to my Ford rep the other day, he still has no info on this thing except that its going to be limited production and rumored to run up to 40 grand.
Will do. They finally announced it won't hit US dealerships until spring 2016.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:32 PM 04-19-2015
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
the larger diameter wheel/tires will throw it off as well, IIRC you can adjust for that as well if you get the itch.
These thinner tires with bigger rims are the same height as the smaller stock rims and thicker tires. He did manage to get that right!

Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
has the car ever been tuned for those cams?
He said he purposely got those Lunati cams because they didn't require tuning on his end.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 367
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up