ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 335
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Amnorix 09:18 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
That may have been one of the best episodes of the series. I don't know if it was because I got to see Tyrion interact with Dany, or because they randomly inserted a massive Wight army attack scene, and confirmed what we all thought about Valyrian Steel. Either way, very well made.

That said, I am pumped to see what Dany becomes with Tyrion's cynical, yet brilliant understanding of Westeros and people in general.

Modified your post a bit. He is going to be an awesome advisor. Being an advisor to a leader who is willing to listen to him and doesn't look down on him (figuratively speaking) and is charismatic/dynamic, but unskilled in the art of politics, is freaking perfect for him.

Everyone else in his life either ignored him, hated him, thought they could do it better, or simply gave him little/no respect. Really only Varys saw the potential.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:22 AM 06-01-2015
Oh, and in the discussions about the lack of victories for the characters, this episode was extremely satisfying. Tyrion's storyline definitely felt like a victory for him (and has fully surpassed the book now, thankfully). Arya is also progressing, and Cersei's punishment also feels like a victory.

Plus, the awesome battle (albeit an overall loss) at Hardhome was like the icing on the cake that is twice as good as the cake.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:29 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by kcchiefsus:
Game of Thrones Wiki says he was the 13th commander of the nights watch.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Night%27s_King

Note also:

Originally Posted by :
It was not until his own brother, the King in the North, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night’s King was brought down and the Night’s Watch freed.
In other words, the Night King is a Stark...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Oh, and in the discussions about the lack of victories for the characters, this episode was extremely satisfying. Tyrion's storyline definitely felt like a victory for him (and has fully surpassed the book now, thankfully). Arya is also progressing, and Cersei's punishment also feels like a victory.

Plus, the awesome battle (albeit an overall loss) at Hardhome was like the icing on the cake that is twice as good as the cake.
The battle at hardhome is an addition, correct?

My recollection is that the ships made it to hardhome and back with no issues. If so, nice add.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 09:44 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The battle at hardhome is an addition, correct?

My recollection is that the ships made it to hardhome and back with no issues. If so, nice add.
Ships made it to hardhome...they didn't make it back.

But yes, the battle is an add.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:59 AM 06-01-2015
Amazing episode. Loved watching that battle. The addition of that battle and Tyrion with the Queen was a great change from the books. Although Tyrion with the Queen will probably happen eventually in the books as well.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:09 AM 06-01-2015
Another really interesting twist I've read: The Night's King was the 13th in command. Coincidence that there are 12 men behind him in this picture? I think not.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
Ships made it to hardhome...they didn't make it back.

But yes, the battle is an add.
That's right; this is something of a merged plot point, isn't it? The wildlings that were settling the gift were just out there in the woods; the ones at Hardhomme were a different lot that Jon sent the boats out to pick up.

So I guess there could still be a massive battle at hardhomme, we just haven't seen it yet.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 06-01-2015
Arya's plot is fucking dragging at this point. That's really my only issue with this season.

I am interested to see where Sansa goes now that she knows that her brothers aren't dead.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:54 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Note also:

In other words, the Night King is a Stark...
Pretty interesting it took a Stark collaborating with the wildlings previously.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:55 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Arya's plot is ****ing dragging at this point. That's really my only issue with this season.

I am interested to see where Sansa goes now that she knows that her brothers aren't dead.
Briene will have a new mission. I also hope to see the Bolton/Baratheon battle go a bit further this season. Could be asking a lot with 2 episodes left.

At least we won't have to wait 6+ years for it to continue.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:04 AM 06-01-2015
Briene will have a new mission. I also hope to see the Bolton/Baratheon battle go a bit further this season. Could be asking a lot with 2 episodes left.

At least we won't have to wait 6+ years for it to continue.
I'm interested to see what Ramsay has planned with his 20 troops.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 11:10 AM 06-01-2015
Who else was hoping to hear about the Zombie Mountain when Qyburn went to Cersei? I think that was his hint when he said "the work continues." That would be an excellent end to the season, though I think Jon's death will be the actual ending.
[Reply]
AndChiefs 11:12 AM 06-01-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'm interested to see what Ramsay has planned with his 20 troops.
I would guess assassination
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:17 AM 06-01-2015
Who else was hoping to hear about the Zombie Mountain when Qyburn went to Cersei? I think that was his hint when he said "the work continues." That would be an excellent end to the season, though I think Jon's death will be the actual ending.
That's exactly what I was hoping when he walked in.

Can she go with trial by combat at this type of trial? Does it work that way with trials run by the church?
[Reply]
Page 31 of 335
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up