ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 78
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
007 01:56 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Reserving times weeks or months in advance? **** that shit.
Yeah, I'm curious to see how that is going to work. The only plan I make in advance is knowing what day I will go to what park. Once I am in there I have a set pattern I follow in the morning that would allow for a very relaxed afternoon and evening.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:01 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Guru:
Yeah, I'm curious to see how that is going to work. The only plan I make in advance is knowing what day I will go to what park. Once I am in there I have a set pattern I follow in the morning that would allow for a very relaxed afternoon and evening.
It's going to suck for people like you. People will just make appointments back to back and just walk from ride to ride in the order that they want. What is so fun about that?
[Reply]
007 02:24 PM 03-15-2012
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
It's going to suck for people like you. People will just make appointments back to back and just walk from ride to ride in the order that they want. What is so fun about that?
Here is a article that explains the xpass system as it stands now. Not as bad as it originally sounded.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_ch...d-to-work.aspx
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:17 PM 09-06-2012
I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but will do so when i get a chance.

We are planning a trip and i wondered if anyone here has stayed at the Contemporary Resort Hotel? We have pretty much decided that is where we want to be (for a variety of reasons), but i thought i would check and see if any Planeteers have stayed there and had any inside info.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:22 PM 09-06-2012
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
I haven't read through this whole thread yet, but will do so when i get a chance.

We are planning a trip and i wondered if anyone here has stayed at the Contemporary Resort Hotel? We have pretty much decided that is where we want to be (for a variety of reasons), but i thought i would check and see if any Planeteers have stayed there and had any inside info.
Havent stayed there, but have eaten there and been through it. Its definitely the one you would want if you want easy monorail transportation to and from the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
[Reply]
Brock 12:47 PM 09-06-2012

It's nice, but all the premium hotels are nice.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 01:13 PM 09-06-2012
Dolphin/Swan take Starwood Preferred Guest points.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:58 AM 12-16-2012
Went to the magic kingdom yesterday and today is Epcot. I will post a full review when I can get back to my computer. I can't type all that on my phone.

I will say that there are entirely too many people here for my taste. The christmas stuff is cool, but apparently that is what everyone else thought too. Depending on the ride, I have seen two hour lines.

Also....damn, I forgot to DVR today's game.
[Reply]
ILChief 07:41 AM 12-16-2012
Went to the magic kingdom yesterday and today is Epcot. I will post a full review when I can get back to my computer. I can't type all that on my phone.

I will say that there are entirely too many people here for my taste. The christmas stuff is cool, but apparently that is what everyone else thought too. Depending on the ride, I have seen two hour lines.

I've always heard Christmas time is their busiest time if the year. We went the end of January/beg of February and it wasn't that busy at all except for the Saturday. Apparently that's the time of year all the locals go since the tourists dont
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:58 AM 12-16-2012

do you have a mobile app that you can use?
[Reply]
Silock 01:18 PM 12-16-2012
We went Dec 1-8. It wasn't very crowded at all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:20 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by ILChief:
I've always heard Christmas time is their busiest time if the year.
It gets so busy at Christmas that they have turned people away from entering the park some years.
[Reply]
007 01:28 PM 12-16-2012
I love the last week of May at WDW.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:33 PM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It gets so busy at Christmas that they have turned people away from entering the park some years.
This. I thought it would be nice to take the wife there for Christmas a few years back. It's great if you like to stand in line 1 1/2 hrs for each ride. Huge waste of funds but, you live & learn. We're planning on taking the Grandkids in march after all the snowbirds have gone home
[Reply]
Brock 01:34 PM 12-16-2012
Christmas 2002 was awesome. There was nobody there.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 78
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up