ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 50
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 09:23 PM 08-17-2024
Looked pretty good to me but playing vs backups
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:28 PM 08-17-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Remember when some CP members watched Kingsley's first camp snap and then said we need to contact Donovan Smith?

Posting it here for future laughs
To be fair, that had a lot more to do with the uncertainty of Thuney.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:43 PM 08-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
To be fair, that had a lot more to do with the uncertainty of Thuney.
Thuney is uncertain so we should... sign a tackle? What?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:53 PM 08-17-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Thuney is uncertain so we should... sign a tackle? What?
If Caliendo had to start games beside him the prospect of Suamataia learning on the job sounded less than ideal, especially given his propensity to give up the inside move.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:02 PM 08-17-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
If Caliendo had to start games beside him the prospect of Suamataia learning on the job sounded less than ideal, especially given his propensity to give up the inside move.
If the guard situation was bad, I would have fixed the problem by signing a veteran guard, not getting a shitty tackle who would also struggle playing next to a shitty guard.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:21 AM 08-18-2024
I was wrong about this pick he looks like he's going to be the day 1 starter. I don't know if a vet would sign to be a backup or not but I would feel much better about it than Wayna Morris
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:53 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Remember when some CP members watched Kingsley's first camp snap and then said we need to contact Donovan Smith?

Posting it here for future laughs
There was nothing wrong with wanting him as insurance
[Reply]
RunKC 08:29 AM 08-18-2024
His athleticism makes a big difference. We haven’t been able to do this effectively since Fisher was LT 3 years ago. Brown Jr and Smith were too slow

Rookie LT Kingsley Suamataia is going to be such a weapon for Andy Reid in the screen game

Look how quickly he gets on the CB here! pic.twitter.com/Sx0n7SoQ0K

— Mike Renner (@mikerenner_) August 18, 2024

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:00 AM 08-18-2024
Early returns on 2024 draft class are very good
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:12 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
The problem is people wanted Veach to sign Smith in direct reaction to seeing a handful of whiffs during one-on-one drills. They weren't giving Kingsley any time. And the problem with bringing in a vet like Smith is he needs reps too, even if you continue to put Kingsley in with the 1s. Meanwhile, Kingsley is steadily improving, getting better, and now apparently has the confidence of most Chiefs fans that he can do the job, and you just signed Smith for no reason at all.

You wanted insurance? Guess what. You've got insurance. And you've had insurance this entire time. Donovan Smith is sitting on his couch waiting for a phone call. You don't need to sign him, bring him in to training camp, and waste cap dollars by either cutting him or letting him rot on the team as backup depth.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:22 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
His athleticism makes a big difference. We haven’t been able to do this effectively since Fisher was LT 3 years ago. Brown Jr and Smith were too slow

Oh my. That was nasty.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:54 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I originally wanted the Chiefs to sign him myself before camp but not because I had such an overwhelming amount of hubris that I thought watching him take one snap with super well-trained fan eyes and saying NOPE HE'LL NEVER GET IT which was a joke man.

As if any of us understand offensive line play well enough to make that determination from a video filmed out of a potato from the sideline lmao
[Reply]
Coach 10:13 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Looked pretty good to me but playing vs backups
That's a fair assessment, but so did Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
Palangi 11:03 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I was wrong about this pick he looks like he's going to be the day 1 starter. I don't know if a vet would sign to be a backup or not but I would feel much better about it than Wayna Morris
Wanya is fine as a swing back up. And in fact I think Niang and Driskoll have looked good this preseason too.

There is no need to waste cap here at all. I would rather spend it on the D line or RB
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:27 AM 08-18-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Wanya is fine as a swing back up. And in fact I think Niang and Driskoll have looked good this preseason too.

There is no need to waste cap here at all. I would rather spend it on the D line or RB
Driskell destroyed some guys down field on Prince’s big run.

With his ridiculous size, he’s an intriguing prospect as a developmental swing tackle.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 50
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up