ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 295
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:47 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:

Fucking awesome.
:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:51 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:

Fucking awesome.
These guys know what they're talking about.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
CEH is a very different runner than Damien Williams or even Shady.

Williams is a one-cut speed guy. He needs a hole to accelerate through. I wouldn't consider him shifty, though he does have decent power and can break tackles.

With his ELITE stop-start-initial burst, paired with his patience and ability to set up blocks, CEH can make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

That shiftiness and elusiveness will make the OL look better than it is simply because he can create things even when there is no initial hole.
Being able to run from the shotgun is a unique skill-set and it relies a LOT on first step and, more critically, vision.

Those runs are a little slower developing so a 1-cut guy like Williams struggles between the tackle because he rarely gets the read right and if he does he still doesn't do much to set up his blockers are 'dupe' defenders into selling out into the wrong gap.

That's where CEH will REALLY stand out. He's so good at setting up interior blocks and then picking his hole well.

The ability to get 'conventional' results from atypical formations is something people don't really consider. It's why a guy like Taylor, who would probably be better than CEH in a typical 'pro style' setup wouldn't be as effective here. CEH can run from the shotgun in a way typically reserved for formations from under center. He can still grind up the middle because of his ability to set up blocks and make elite jump cuts into holes at the last possible second.

He's a perfect player for us. Positional value may be a question and need almost certainly is (we definitely have more dire needs elsewhere), but as far as the player himself goes, there's just not much to argue about. The player is about as ideal for this team as you could ask for.
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:54 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:

The four consecutive jump cuts at the 2:18 mark of this vid are simply absurd...cybernetic implant absurd.
[Reply]
Chargem 10:54 AM 04-24-2020
Maybe we can finally stop making annoying threads dreamily wishing for Kareem to come back now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:54 AM 04-24-2020
I went to bed happy.

I woke up ecstatic.
[Reply]
neech 10:55 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
You think Thornhill will give up #22 to Helaire?
I think if Andy asked Thornhill to jump, he'd say how high.

Yeah he would give Clyde the number.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
The four consecutive jump cuts at the 2:18 mark of this vid are simply absurd...cybernetic implant absurd.
The spin move he pulls in that video is fucking ridiculous. Watching how fast he can move his feet and jump cut is just bananas
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:56 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
How does drafting a RB stop Cover 3? :-)
Chris Simms said it best a few days ago (he mocked CEH to the Chiefs as his "dream scenario").

Imagine Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, Mecole Hardman all flying around doing their thing. Who the fuck is left to cover Edwards Helaire?

Just look at Reid's game plan and usage in the SB if you wanna know how Reid attacks the cover 3.

Now you add a back that makes people look stupid in space, has outstanding hands and vision and elite agility.

GL trying to cover him with a LB :-)

Man....you can just imagine our passing game/recievers completely clearing out the first 10 yards of the field while CEH is left either alone, or 1v1 with some poor sap LB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:56 AM 04-24-2020

The best analyst in pro football is @LRiddickESPN. This was him this morning on @GetUpESPN.

“This is really going to be unfair.” #ChiefsKingdom | #RunItBack pic.twitter.com/3NvlKwA31U

— Jarrett Sutton (@JarrettTSutton) April 24, 2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:57 AM 04-24-2020
Give Thornhill 21. Don't think Breeland cares too much what his number is.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:57 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

and need almost certainly is (we definitely have more dire needs elsewhere),
Naaaah.

You could argue LB. That's about it.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:59 AM 04-24-2020
I don’t think I was the only guy last year screaming at Damien through my tv” how the****didyou not see that huge ass holenumbnuts”

I think this guy fixes that
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:02 AM 04-24-2020
I have been working from home for a little over a month, and haven't really been able to get into the draft like I have in previous years, so I am not familiar with a lot of the other running backs.

But, am I the only one that watched the National Championship game and thought wow, it would be awesome to have CEH in our offense? I have 3 distinct memories from that game. 1. Burrow may be the best college QB that I have seen outside of Mahomes since Manning. 2. If I could pick any player from the game to add to the our roster it would be Simmons. That dude is a perfect safety/linebacker combo. And 3. CEH would be an absolute monster in our offense.

CEH just stood out from everyone else, like Burrow and Simmons did. They were clearly the 3 best players on the field.

Veach and Reid seemed just as excited by his football IQ, as they did his physical talents. It seems clear that he impressed the entire staff during his interview at the combine.

I am almost as excited for this pick as I was when we moved up and drafted a QB in the first round.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by 65TPT:
maybe get traded tomorrow.
No one is trading for wither of those guys,

Good grief.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 295
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up