ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 54
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
FAH-Q 08:48 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Where have you heard that? Maybe, but I’d be somewhat shocked if he didn’t play this week when the plan all along was to be ready for this exact game.
Brooke Pryor said this in one of her Twitter Q&A articles. She said something to the effect of LDT being more likely to play than Watkins, which doesn't really inspire confidence in me that Watkins will return for this game. Maybe I read too much into her response, which is based on Reid's cryptic injury updates, but I really have concerns on what exactly this "foot injury" is and why the hell it is taking this long to recover. Seems really comparable to the Berry ankle issue.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 AM 01-07-2019
Where have you heard that? Maybe, but I’d be somewhat shocked if he didn’t play this week when the plan all along was to be ready for this exact game.
I've posted this before but the Chiefs folks at The Athletic don't seem to think he's going to be ready. Their rationale has been that he just got out of a boot and didn't think he'd be able to make enough progress to actually play. My take is that if he were in the boot strictly with the goal of taking the most precautionary measures (i.e., "we don't want your foot anywhere near the ground"), it's not as farfetched that he could be ready this weekend.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:52 AM 01-07-2019
I get not wanting to risk it in the regular season, but it’s definitely worth the risk now. Who cares if if he hurts it worse now? He’s got an entire offseason to recover.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
so what have we learned? I'm confused

[Reply]
TEX 08:57 AM 01-07-2019
Prepare to be shocked... I saw it last week, via a tweet, that said that other players looked to be more ready than Sammy. I believe it mentioned LDT as one such player, but could be wrong. I admittedly didn't really read it in great detail because as soon as I read the part about Watkins, I just rolled my eyes, labeled him as one of the biggest broke dick potatoe chips on the planet, and moved on.
[Reply]
oldman 09:01 AM 01-07-2019
If LDT is ready, who do we cut to add him to the roster from IR? I don't think we've done that yet.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:02 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
Prepare to be shocked... I saw it last week, via a tweet, that said that other players looked to be more ready than Sammy. I believe it mentioned LDT as one such player, but could be wrong. I admittedly didn't really read it in great detail because as soon as I read the part about Watkins, I just rolled my eyes, labeled him as one of the biggest broke dick potatoe chips on the planet, and moved on.
Nate Taylor. He based that opinion on the fact that Watkins was in a boot up till recently.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:03 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
If LDT is ready, who do we cut to add him to the roster from IR? I don't think we've done that yet.
Jeff Allen.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:04 AM 01-07-2019
I wouldn’t buy into what Pryor is saying too heavily. Dr. Chao, the ProFootballDoc guy on twitter who used to be an NFL medical trainer, said that the boot was likely used for preventative measures and suggested that they were planning for a playoffs return.

Aaron Borgmann, a guy who was on the Chiefs training staff for a few years under Andy and co., also said on Twitter that they were likely using the boot for the best possible protection with intention to return in the playoffs.

I’ll take their opinions over a journalist any day.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:07 AM 01-07-2019
Reid actually said that the boot was a preventative measure himself.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 01-07-2019
Reid actually said that the boot was a preventative measure himself.
I believe him when he says something definitive.

If he says, “well...he’s day to day. He’s making some progress, and we’ll see how he’s feeling. The training staff is working hard to get him ready to go, but it takes time to be healthy.”

That’s when you know he won’t be back.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:17 AM 01-07-2019
I wouldn’t buy into what Pryor is saying too heavily. Dr. Chao, the ProFootballDoc guy on twitter who used to be an NFL medical trainer, said that the boot was likely used for preventative measures and suggested that they were planning for a playoffs return.
Pryor is terrible. I'd be willing to bet she's just parroting what Nate Taylor at The Athletic is saying.
[Reply]
deadman 09:17 AM 01-07-2019
As a Colts fan, I never knew you guys hated us so much. Should be a really fun game for us this week.

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:24 AM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
As a Colts fan, I never knew you guys hated us so much. Should be a really fun game for us this week.

I don’t hate the colts as much as I hate Marty for starting the playoff curse st Arrowhead and hate Andy more than the colts for the #2 historical playoff loss in NFL history.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:25 AM 01-07-2019
But fuck the Colts anyway
[Reply]
Page 31 of 54
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up