ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 71
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:05 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Not the case.

He was working on one of the things Marshawn Lynch encouraged all young athletes to work upon.
Taking care of bodies or taking care of chicken?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:43 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
He got his money that was owed to him and now he is playing again. Mizzou was never going to publicly say it was a NIL issue but that is what it was. Booster on the NIL deal went bankrupt.
:-)

Literally zero people believe that you're actually this stupid.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:47 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Taking care of bodies or taking care of chicken?
There's a third one he said you had to take care of... your mentals.

It wasn't NIL problems. They've got enough lined up that I expect him back next year.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
There's a third one he said you had to take care of... your mentals.

It wasn't NIL problems. They've got enough lined up that I expect him back next year.
I had asked in this very thread after I posted that interview with Gates if it was a mental health issue. That makes sense. Gates was thanking everyone for how they respected his wishes to keep it private. Glad he's got everything back in order. No one should have to suffer from a mental illness and he's really fucking good.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:50 AM 01-25-2023
I had asked in this very thread after I posted that interview with Gates if it was a mental health issue. That makes sense. Gates was thanking everyone for how they respected his wishes to keep it private. Glad he's got everything back in order. No one should have to suffer from a mental illness and he's really fucking good.
Nope. You’re wrong. ChiefsCountry says it was an NiL thing due to a booster going bankrupt. Mosley decided to sit out until he got paid, and as such, Gates covered for him and the program in the media. Don’t worry that it makes no sense at all, just believe that the one Missouri State fan on the board has more inside info about Mizzou, than all the Mizzou fans.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Nope. You’re wrong. ChiefsCountry says it was an NiL thing due to a booster going bankrupt. Mosley decided to sit out until he got paid, and as such, Gates covered for him and the program in the media. Don’t worry that it makes no sense at all, just believe that the one Missouri State fan on the board has more inside info about Mizzou, than all the Mizzou fans.
The NIL excuse never made much sense. It was the most illogical explanation of all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:15 AM 01-25-2023
The NIL excuse never made much sense. It was the most illogical explanation of all.
I mean...can you use the NIL as justification to not honor scholarship obligations?

Because fellas, kid was still on scholarship.

I really have no idea how all that works. But it never made a whole lot of sense to me. If he were that upset about NIL stuff, wouldn't he have re-entered the Portal?
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:18 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean...can you use the NIL as justification to not honor scholarship obligations?

Because fellas, kid was still on scholarship.

I really have no idea how all that works. But it never made a whole lot of sense to me. If he were that upset about NIL stuff, wouldn't he have re-entered the Portal?
Also NIL is a legally binding contract, right? You'd think if he wasn't getting what he was legally guaranteed, then he'd be getting a lawyer and suing the shit out of the NIL person.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:28 PM 01-25-2023
Also NIL is a legally binding contract, right? You'd think if he wasn't getting what he was legally guaranteed, then he'd be getting a lawyer and suing the shit out of the NIL person.
Absolutely. There would be a lot of broken agreements in that situation.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:54 PM 01-28-2023
This team is really fun to watch. Kobe Brown is so fucking good too. Defense is really good at getting steals and turnovers.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:21 PM 01-28-2023
God I really like Mosley. I was getting sick and tired the last several games where we'd just run down and shoot a 3. Mosley and Brown have been driving into the lane and kicking it out for open shots or they'll take the shot and score.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 02:23 PM 01-28-2023
When they’re hitting threes watch out. After the past 5 years watching whatever kind of offense and players we had it’s fun to finally have a team where any guy on the court can hit a 3.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:29 PM 01-28-2023
Nice to see us feasting at 3 point range against a good team. 11/16 68.8% from 3 is amazing.

We have 32 FGs, so we've hit 9/16 2s and 11/16 3s.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:31 PM 01-28-2023
What a shitty offensive foul call.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:33 PM 01-28-2023
Ok time to stop with the 3s. Let's try to take it to the basket.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 71
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up