View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 31 of 343
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:46 PM 05-31-2022
I don't care which way they go. But the answer at LT is right here on the team if they choose not to pay highest money in the NFL for a LT in Brown. It's not like we have to draft a replacement.

Watch this and get back to me. One play at the 10:42 mark of the 3rd quarter wasn't the best. But other than that, the play at LT was outstanding this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuDhzR37_I

Allegretti was outstanding at LG too.

Watch the game, offensive plays only with the focus on LT an LG, and tell me different. Don't just jump in with it is stupid to entertain the idea. This is with no practice either.
[Reply]
TEX 08:00 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I don't care which way they go. But the answer at LT is right here on the team if they choose not to pay highest money in the NFL for a LT in Brown. It's not like we have to draft a replacement.

Watch this and get back to me. One play at the 10:42 mark of the 3rd quarter wasn't the best. But other than that, the play at LT was outstanding this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuDhzR37_I

Allegretti was outstanding at LT too.

Watch the game, offensive plays only with the focus on LT an LG, and tell me different. Don't just jump in with it is stupid to entertain the idea. This is with no practice either.
Oh man, now you've done it! :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:05 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do you think that?

And yeah I'll take a young LT that may struggle over an average LT that will also struggle at times but we're paying him like an elite player. Or I'll take him at a tier 2 contract cause he's a tier 2 player. Balls in his court.
What if said young LT not only struggles, but doesn’t improve enough to justify the draft capital given up for him? With Brown you know what you are getting, with random draft LT you don’t. That’s a pretty steep chance you are taking with Mahomes in his prime.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:10 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I think they'll finish 10-7 and will be picking lower than they have in years.
Wanna make a bet on that? This team has never finished that bad in the Reid/Mahomes era. I don’t see 10-7 or worse unless this team is decimated by injuries or key injuries.
[Reply]
-King- 08:19 PM 05-31-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
What if said young LT not only struggles, but doesn’t improve enough to justify the draft capital given up for him? With Brown you know what you are getting, with random draft LT you don’t. That’s a pretty steep chance you are taking with Mahomes in his prime.
And what if he's good and we don't have to worry that if Mahomes doesn't step up, he'll get killed? Someone who's strengths actually match up to team strengths.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:21 PM 05-31-2022
And what if he's good and we don't have to worry that if Mahomes doesn't step up, he'll get killed? Someone who's strengths actually match up to team strengths.
I asked first. Try again. Besides, my guy is a known quantity. Your hypothetical one is not.
[Reply]
TEX 08:40 PM 05-31-2022
Wanna make a bet on that? This team has never finished that bad in the Reid/Mahomes era. I don’t see 10-7 or worse unless this team is decimated by injuries or key injuries.
Well, we have different opinions. You're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. And sure, I'll bet, but I really don't like to because I'm betting on a negative when it comes to the Chiefs. And I don't like that position. I did say that I thought they would struggle early on and be hitting stride at the end of the year and make the playoffs. Once in, anything goes. But I think they'll get in as a Wild Card. So if you want to bet, we can.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 PM 05-31-2022
Well, we have different opinions. You're entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine. And sure, I'll bet, but I really don't like to because I'm betting on a negative when it comes to the Chiefs. And I don't like that position. I did say that I thought they would struggle early on and be hitting stride at the end of the year and make the playoffs. Once in, anything goes. But I think they'll get in as a Wild Card. So if you want to bet, we can.
We can make an avatar bet. The Chiefs finish 10-7 or worse (barring a slew of injuries or critical injuries) you can pick my avatar. They finish better than that I pick yours.
[Reply]
-King- 09:03 PM 05-31-2022
I asked first. Try again. Besides, my guy is a known quantity. Your hypothetical one is not.
If he's not good then that sucks. But having a known average to above average player is not a reason to pay him elite money just because you're scared of having to replace him.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:11 PM 05-31-2022
If he's not good then that sucks. But having a known average to above average player is not a reason to pay him elite money just because you're scared of having to replace him.
Part of that salary is taking into account that he is expected to improve. Given how he did as last season wore on, there is no reason to think he won’t continue. There are no sure fire can’t miss LT prospects out there that would be available when KC picks. One has to hope one falls to KC or think that the Chiefs will have to give up a haul for a better one and hope he pans out. Not sure that is a wise move knowing KC has to constantly restock and will need all the picks they can get. With Brown you get an ascending player hitting his prime which means you have one less position to address in the draft for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
TEX 09:32 PM 05-31-2022
We can make an avatar bet. The Chiefs finish 10-7 or worse (barring a slew of injuries or critical injuries) you can pick my avatar. They finish better than that I pick yours.
Ok, but no conditions. Injuries are part of the game every year. 10-7 or worse, I win. 11-6 or better, you win.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:40 PM 05-31-2022
Ok, but no conditions. Injuries are part of the game every year. 10-7 or worse, I win. 11-6 or better, you win.
Except you think they are a 10-7 team before injuries, of which I disagree with. But for the sake of the bet, I accept the terms. The loser has to keep their avatar until the start of the following season (regular season, not preseason or league season).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:48 PM 05-31-2022
You guys should at least put an out in your bet if Mahomes gets hurt though.

Like if Mahomes misses 5 or more games, then the bet is off.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:59 AM 06-01-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You guys should at least put an out in your bet if Mahomes gets hurt though.

Like if Mahomes misses 5 or more games, then the bet is off.
I was willing to do that, but he wanted it with no stipulations and I will honor that as he is right that injuries are a part of the game.
[Reply]
neech 07:21 AM 06-01-2022
Any disputes in the bet will be settled at the George Brett statue.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 343
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up