ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 333
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
kstater 09:28 AM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'd write a bunch of words about this, but instead I'll keep it short:

Jackson County throwing out the 40-year cost of everything to inflate the number is disingenuous and, worse, silly.

It's like Frank White and the county are playing checkers while convinced they're playing chess.
It's certainly an interesting way to negotiate.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 AM 10-28-2023
I'd write a bunch of words about this, but instead I'll keep it short:

Jackson County throwing out the 40-year cost of everything to inflate the number is disingenuous and, worse, silly.

It's like Frank White and the county are playing checkers while convinced they're playing chess.
Voters passing it was never a slam dunk if Whites objective is to kill this thing the star article might work
[Reply]
tk13 10:59 AM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Inflation?
There's no way. The ballpark Las Vegas wants to build for the Oakland A's is supposed to be about $1.5 billion. And that's a stadium with a retractable roof.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:19 PM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
There's no way. The ballpark Las Vegas wants to build for the Oakland A's is supposed to be about $1.5 billion. And that's a stadium with a retractable roof.
Especially since they're clearly going to use JE Dunn's scab labor force to build it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 04:23 PM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Voters passing it was never a slam dunk if Whites objective is to kill this thing the star article might work
Putting a shitty product on the field for so long has really killed any support they may get for an already unpopular idea.
[Reply]
teedubya 04:42 PM 10-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
This is the standard Twitter reply with the idiots on the stadium issue.
This is what DAYTON said recently in an interview. I listened to the interview... and GMDM was shocked and said Sherman wanted more data. Dayton said he likes data, but likes to size up a player in person and get a feel for their makeup in the old school way.

And as far as the stadium issue... just win games, the K is fine. Fuck downtown, IMO.
[Reply]
srvy 04:47 PM 10-28-2023
Especially since they're clearly going to use JE Dunn's scab labor force to build it.
JE Dunn scab labor force? Where do you get this?. Working in KCMO does require a % of minority workers and contractors who may use nonunion. This is can lead to the lowest bids employing non-union. I have always known the permanent laborers they employ are members of labor unions. Maybe things have changed. The low-bid contractors are known to employ non-union labor which leads to walkouts and disputes between local labor unions.
[Reply]
srvy 04:56 PM 10-28-2023
I don't believe that 2 million will cover a stadium and the entertainment district surrounding it. So much infrastructure to support highways roads sewage and waterlines will add up. Lawsuits to acquire properties and suits relating to breaking leases in the area.

Did Sherman ever pick the site? Or is he still hanging with his other pipedream in NKC?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:19 AM 11-01-2023
Today is the anniversary of Game 5 of the 2015 World Series
[Reply]
TLO 09:29 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Today is the anniversary of Game 5 of the 2015 World Series
This feels like an eternity ago. :-)
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:27 AM 11-01-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
This feels like an eternity ago. :-)
This is because it was an eternity ago.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:47 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
JE Dunn scab labor force? Where do you get this?. Working in KCMO does require a % of minority workers and contractors who may use nonunion. This is can lead to the lowest bids employing non-union. I have always known the permanent laborers they employ are members of labor unions. Maybe things have changed. The low-bid contractors are known to employ non-union labor which leads to walkouts and disputes between local labor unions.
Just meant they'll employ the scabs in as many places as possible. I was fresh off a talk with my neighbor, who runs jobs for a big construction company that uses scabs unless absolutely forced to use union labor. So probably a little more annoyed about that than usual.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:04 AM 11-02-2023
My wife had a meeting the other day with an ex-City Council member who seems pretty convinced this stadium is gonna end up in NKC. I'm just blown away by the fact that might actually be the end scenario. Not looking forward to paying for it but I suppose I'll save my bitching for when it actually gets announced and how much they're asking on the April ballot.
[Reply]
cmh6476 08:40 AM 11-02-2023
we're not last:

28. Kansas City Royals
2023 record: 56-106

2023 final ranking: 29

The Royals have two starters rostered who made more than 12 starts in 2023 -- and both had ERAs over five and a half. They don't have a single reliever returning who pitched at least 20 innings and had an ERA under 4.00. They do have Bobby Witt Jr. and Cole Ragans, who had a breakout performance the final two months and looks like a potential top-of-the-rotation starter. A healthy Vinnie Pasquantino will help, and maybe Nelson Velazquez will show up, but the pitching staff basically needs to be completely re-constructed -- with a farm system that has little to offer.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...power-rankings
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:45 AM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
we're not last:

28. Kansas City Royals
2023 record: 56-106

2023 final ranking: 29

The Royals have two starters rostered who made more than 12 starts in 2023 -- and both had ERAs over five and a half. They don't have a single reliever returning who pitched at least 20 innings and had an ERA under 4.00. They do have Bobby Witt Jr. and Cole Ragans, who had a breakout performance the final two months and looks like a potential top-of-the-rotation starter. A healthy Vinnie Pasquantino will help, and maybe Nelson Velazquez will show up, but the pitching staff basically needs to be completely re-constructed -- with a farm system that has little to offer.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...power-rankings
This is what cracks me up about listening to John Mozeliak squawk about how aggressive they'll be in free agency in targeting starting pitching.

EVERYONE needs starting pitching. The damn Rangers just won the World Series and probably need 2 guys. Every big spender in baseball needs at least 1 and you look at the Dodgers, they might need THREE.

The SP market is going to be a horrifying shit-show of bidding wars and overpays this offseason. If you don't have 4 starters in place, you're boned. Any team that had their staff fall apart on them this year had better hope against hope that they have 4 internal options that they're comfortable with because 2 of those ain't gonna work out so you MIGHT get 2 reinforcements from within.

And if you're gonna target the FA market for help, you're going to get about a 50 cents on the dollar return on your investment.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 333
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Up