ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 309 of 3903
« First < 209259299305306307308309 3103113123133193594098091309 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 09:59 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:
I smell a diseased rat.

Due to my personal lack of current, detailed information (as opposed to rumor and speculation) on the subject, I spent some time yesterday taking a look at CDC and WHO data regarding COVID-19 and the various known strains of seasonal flu. I also took the time to listen to several researchers and virologists voicing their views on COVID-19 (these were scientists ... NOT American media talking-head types). Based on both the global and US numbers, I'm concerned that we may be in the midst of one of the greatest deceptions in American history (medical or otherwise). Obviously, as a mere layperson, I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I do possess common sense and things simply aren't adding up.

I encourage everyone on this site to dig into the numbers and seek in-depth, professional opinions on the science. Something isn't "right".

If we're going to re-calibrate society, our economy, and our personal behavior, I'd like to think we're doing it based on reality. As of this moment, I have my doubts.

FAX

:-)

Not sure how to respond to that. What exactly do you believe the deception is?
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:00 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
thats why the national guard should already be involved. They have truck drivers, nurses, logistic trained citizens to help out beyond sitting up the field hospitals. If this was a response to a hurricane, earthquake etc. they’d already be involved.
Is the National Guard immune to COVID-19 or something?
[Reply]
Rausch 10:01 AM 03-16-2020
I smell a diseased rat.

Due to my personal lack of current, detailed information (as opposed to rumor and speculation) on the subject, I spent some time yesterday taking a look at CDC and WHO data regarding COVID-19 and the various known strains of seasonal flu. I also took the time to listen to several researchers and virologists voicing their views on COVID-19 (these were scientists ... NOT American media talking-head types). Based on both the global and US numbers, I'm concerned that we may be in the midst of one of the greatest deceptions in American history (medical or otherwise). Obviously, as a mere layperson, I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I do possess common sense and things simply aren't adding up.

I encourage everyone on this site to dig into the numbers and seek in-depth, professional opinions on the science. Something isn't "right".

If we're going to re-calibrate society, our economy, and our personal behavior, I'd like to think we're doing it based on reality. As of this moment, I have my doubts.

FAX
I considered what you are proposing I think. I'm a conspiracy guy myself after all.

I don't think Europe, the ME, China, etc. could all agree on a detailed plan of deception.

I'm more inclined to think they know how dangerous this thing is. I think they all know a lot more than they are letting on...
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:02 AM 03-16-2020
Wasn't there a story about the government having over a billion pounds of cheese in reserve a couple of years ago?

We aren't going to starve. There isn't a dust bowl type thing going on.

Truck drivers pretty much live in their rigs while on the road. They are perfectly safe with reasonable precautions.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by F150:
Seems like an over reaction at this point. Not sure what the guard would accomplish. If anything maybe in NY.Wash....plus that not a federal call, thats up to the governors.
they said a week ago stopping sports was an over reaction. 3-4 days ago that it was an over reaction to recommend social distancing. We need to get ahead of this. People are losing their jobs. We need every resource we have brought to bear on getting this over ASAP.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:03 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Wasn't there a story about the government having over a billion pounds of cheese in reserve a couple of years ago?

We aren't going to starve. There isn't a dust bowl type thing going on.

Truck drivers pretty much live in their rigs while on the road. They are perfectly safe with reasonable precautions.
I ain't waiting in line for hours for some moldy cheese. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:04 AM 03-16-2020
I swear to God, the amount of dumb shit I've read on the internet the last week makes me root for the damn plague. Bunch of fucking 'tards have it coming.
[Reply]
notorious 10:05 AM 03-16-2020
I don’t want to be stuck in a foxhole with many of you.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 03-16-2020

[Reply]
loochy 10:06 AM 03-16-2020
I smell a diseased rat.

FAX

Does this mean you think this is much less severe than advertised in order to reset aspects of society and the economy?

Or do you think it means this is much worse than advertised and half of the world will be gone once this is over?
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:08 AM 03-16-2020
I swear to God, the amount of dumb shit I've read on the internet the last week makes me root for the damn plague. Bunch of ****ing 'tards have it coming.
What about this week? It's only Monday. :-)
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:09 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
What about a fox hole with safe distancing enforced?
[Reply]
Monticore 10:10 AM 03-16-2020
I don't think hospitals and Government are getting their info from talking heads or the media either and have better access to info than what I could dig up myself.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 AM 03-16-2020
A co-worker with a DC contact just informed me they expect a national lockdown to be announced soon.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:13 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Probably not.

We can't pick how we die just how we live.

This was going to happen eventually. Man or nature made. A global economy means a fast transmission of viruses.

It's something else we'll have to find a way to overcome...
[Reply]
Page 309 of 3903
« First < 209259299305306307308309 3103113123133193594098091309 > Last »
Up