View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 309 of 343
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:50 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
I think ppl are more concerned about that OBJ want Trent Williams money while providing nowhere near Trent Williams play.

It's that he's a decent to above average LT who wants top 3 money.
Lol basically everyone in here is blaming Brown for the Mahomes injury and 95% of the people in here over the last year have turned this into a "Orlando Brown Jr is a bottom 5 LT" thread.

Trent Williams got his dick knocked in the dirt by Frank Clark lol.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:10 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's not above average in KC's offense.
I know. That's why I wanna trade him. He still can have value to a team that run alot
[Reply]
New World Order 02:19 AM 01-22-2023
He’s a stinky piece of garbage!!!
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:55 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I swear 95% of the people still bitching about this play and blaming OBJ haven't even watched the whole play again.
He was getting buttfucked for immediate pressure on 5 plays right before it..
[Reply]
TEX 03:08 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
He was getting butt****ed for immediate pressure on 5 plays right before it..
Exactly the case.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:12 AM 01-22-2023
Yeah, there's a reason why Mahomes was drifting so far back. He was trying to compensate for his OTs getting manhandled on every passing snap prior.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:14 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yeah, there's a reason why Mahomes was drifting so far back. He was trying to compensate for his OTs getting manhandled on every passing snap prior.
Hmm is that the reason he has ALWAYS done that, even with Fisher and Schwartz?

Did anyone else notice the OT play on the Henne drive?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:15 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I swear some of you completely forget that this is a team sport and sometimes a guy looks like he lost a rep because of someone else's mistake.

Mahomes dropped back to far on that rep and so it makes it easier on the pass rusher. When Mahomes tried to finally work back into the pocket he had pressure from the right side because he held onto the ball too long and it allowed OBJs guy to run all the way around and come from the other side. Mahomes couldn't evade that pressure because Thuney was being pushed towards him from the other side.

OBJ had a pretty good pass blocking rep on that play and one fuck up is all it takes to make it look bad.

I watched the game again last night and agree the play where Mahomes was hurt was not on Brown. Mahomes had the ball for a full 5.5 seconds before contact.

But Brown visibly struggled. He had a hard time against bull rushes/inside moves and also had his usual difficulties with a good, outside speed rush.

He’s just too up-and-down to pay like he wants, IMO. I think they can find workable, similar alternatives for less than his current self-priced value.

If you can land an elite RT for elite RT money and nab a solid LT with something to prove, the cap cost is likely the same as signing Brown to the deal he wants.

I’ll ride the Taylor + Dillard dream train as an alternative.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:21 AM 01-22-2023
Brown was an elite RT, but he doesn’t want to play RT.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:27 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Yeah, he'd thankfully gotten out of that bad habit and did it a lot less in recent years. But go and watch a couple of those other games where Mahomes was immediately pressured heavily, Colts and first Raiders come to mind, and he tends to fall into old bad habits when he feels the pressure that consistent.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:38 AM 01-22-2023
He isn't good. He should be replaced for a better one. Veach knows this.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:53 AM 01-22-2023
It's not Mahomes drifting so far back that is the problem. It's that the pocket is immediately collapsing around Mahomes. We scored on the first two drives *despite* complete shit OT play. It was Mahomes magic.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

When he had Fisher and Schwartz, he also Reiter and Wylie.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:23 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
When he had Fisher and Schwartz, he also Reiter and Wylie.
OMG every line has holes if they have talent anywhere else on the roster.
[Reply]
Holladay 09:47 AM 01-22-2023
Yes, but not your LEFT TACKLE!

The only thing that he IS good at, is running around chasing the dude that flew past him. A consolation prize could be possibly given for pushing the defense into Pat.
[Reply]
Page 309 of 343
« First < 209259299305306307308309 310311312313319 > Last »
Up