ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 308 of 3903
« First < 208258298304305306307308 3093103113123183584088081308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 09:45 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes, this was the concern I saw being voiced in comments.

Certainly a dicey situation if the truck drivers get sick.
I wonder what the capacity is for the nat'l guard is to pick up some slack. I know they'll be needed for other things so...

Supplies will be shorter - no doubt. Things won't stop they'll just be fewer.

I'm sure trains will increase if possible and priority will be given to what's shipped that way.

The last thing I remember reading driverless transport was realistically still 2 years away...
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:45 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
They are? I thought they were all autonomous!:-)
Saw on 60 minutes last night that they are testing driverless semis
[Reply]
Rausch 09:47 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Obviously it’s not going to stop everything from getting out - but if it catches the droplets that could make a big difference.
There aren't enough.

It's a great idea. If everyone that had it didn't spread it that is that.

The reason everyone is being told to stay home is there aren't enough masks. If everyone covers their face that will help a lot. It won't protect you but it will protect others more from you...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:48 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Forget the corona virus, when is OP getting AIDS?
He's getting CoronAIDS.
[Reply]
Donger 09:48 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Saw on 60 minutes last night that they are testing driverless semis

[Reply]
BWillie 09:48 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah things are spiraling out of control quickly. I wonder how many people are going to lose their jobs over this? I got a call this morning and was told that my job had been eliminated due to their perceived notion that there would be lack of business, due to the Corona scare. They basically cut me loose and my entire sales team. At least I have a cash reserve to hold me over, but a lot of my sales team doesn't.
It either happens now planned, or later unplanned. I think you would want to take the measured approach and the planned route either way people are going to lose their jobs, and have to be at home.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:50 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes, this was the concern I saw being voiced in comments.

Certainly a dicey situation if the truck drivers get sick.
thats why the national guard should already be involved. They have truck drivers, nurses, logistic trained citizens to help out beyond sitting up the field hospitals. If this was a response to a hurricane, earthquake etc. they’d already be involved.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 09:51 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
My wife works at a Dollar General supply center. They pack and ship everything that goes to the stores.

She got a text yesterday stating they were working 11 hours a day, 7 days a week until further notice (and likely at least the next month.)

I know they will be shipping out what they have as fast as possible...
Yeah, my wife works at a Sam's Club and they have been extremely busy for a few weeks now. To top it off, they're catching a lot of hell from the customers for being out of things. Like it's their fault.:-)
[Reply]
sedated 09:52 AM 03-16-2020
Regarding food, one of the good things is that we are not hearing about food shortages in the countries that have been hit hard. I'm sure those people have been doing just as much stockpiling as we have.

It is actually fortunate to be behind other countries in terms of the outbreak, its given us a preview as to what to expect and how we can adjust.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:55 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It either happens now planned, or later unplanned. I think you would want to take the measured approach and the planned route either way people are going to lose their jobs, and have to be at home.
I think there will be a dramatic restructure to our and the world economy if this lasts a while.

Even if it doesn't the economic hit will be huge.

One one hand many people will lose jobs and businesses. On the other whatever is left will need bodies badly...
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:55 AM 03-16-2020

Northern Italy currently a ghost town pic.twitter.com/jnZLN0PWPr

— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) March 16, 2020

[Reply]
FAX 09:56 AM 03-16-2020
I smell a diseased rat.

Due to my personal lack of current, detailed information (as opposed to rumor and speculation) on the subject, I spent some time yesterday taking a look at CDC and WHO data regarding COVID-19 and the various known strains of seasonal flu. I also took the time to listen to several researchers and virologists voicing their views on COVID-19 (these were scientists ... NOT American media talking-head types). Based on both the global and US numbers, I'm concerned that we may be in the midst of one of the greatest deceptions in American history (medical or otherwise). Obviously, as a mere layperson, I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I do possess common sense and things simply aren't adding up.

I encourage everyone on this site to dig into the numbers and seek in-depth, professional opinions on the science. Something isn't "right".

If we're going to re-calibrate society, our economy, and our personal behavior, I'd like to think we're doing it based on reality. As of this moment, I have my doubts.

FAX
[Reply]
Jerm 09:56 AM 03-16-2020
I woke up this morning feeling achy and just lethargic, coughing some, head hurts...don't have a fever yet.

Was out at the same hospital in this town where the positive came from...was there twice.

I'm starting to wonder...
[Reply]
F150 09:56 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
thats why the national guard should already be involved. They have truck drivers, nurses, logistic trained citizens to help out beyond sitting up the field hospitals. If this was a response to a hurricane, earthquake etc. they’d already be involved.
Seems like an over reaction at this point. Not sure what the guard would accomplish. If anything maybe in NY.Wash....plus that not a federal call, thats up to the governors.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:57 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Regarding food, one of the good things is that we are not hearing about food shortages in the countries that have been hit hard. I'm sure those people have been doing just as much stockpiling as we have.

It is actually fortunate to be behind other countries in terms of the outbreak, its given us a preview as to what to expect and how we can adjust.
I'd be willing to bet most of those countries are more self-reliant than we (the US) are. Very few Americans grow much of their own diet. Certainly no one in large population centers...
[Reply]
Page 308 of 3903
« First < 208258298304305306307308 3093103113123183584088081308 > Last »
Up