ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 307 of 386
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:18 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
You don’t think Tyrion’s “mistakes” were done on purpose?

I do agree some of the plots were forced. Hard to do so otherwise when GOT cuts back on episodes.
As dumb as Tyrion has been, his character would be even fucking dumber if he was purposefully tanking as the hand to Daenerys.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:19 PM 05-12-2019
Moral of the story. Incest is bad.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:20 PM 05-12-2019
Dany's fucked.

Why would anyone want to live at King's Landing now, let alone rebuild it.

What the fuck is she going to do? Sack the other cities to get food to feed her troops? Enslave people to rebuild the city?

Total garbage fucking writing. Yeah she's a little unstable. She would never EVER do what she did tonight.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:21 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Logically, this is what should happen.

Dany gets ganked by Arya because after that stunt no one in Westoros will support her.

Grey Worm gets executed by Jon for participating in the massacre.

No one is put on the Iron Throne because Kings Landing is gone. The seven kingdoms become 7 or so independent kingdoms.

Jon says **** this I am out and heads past the wall to live with Tormund.
In our family Deadpool on the question who sits on the iron throne at the end my wife wrote in nobody....a dragon would melt it down. I'm going to be pissed off if she's right.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:21 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dany's ****ed.

Why would anyone want to live at King's Landing now, let alone rebuild it.

What the **** is she going to do? Sack the other cities to get food to feed her troops? Enslave people to rebuild the city?

Total garbage ****ing writing. Yeah she's a little unstable. She would never EVER do what she did tonight.
Yes she would. It’s the rushed ending that’s fucked.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:22 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I kinda like that. The new power would be consolidated at Winterfell with Sansa the Lady of the house and Bran the castle wizard warg weirdo, Arya taking over River Run with Gendry as Lord and Hotpie running the kitchens.
There is a huge power vacuum. Almost all the major houses have been wiped out, some for a couple years. The symbol of unity for the kingdom is ash by a foreign invader who just got murdered. Simply put if there is some one on the iron throne there will be years of war ahead as things will need to be pacified.

Jon probably doesn't want that on his hands and living a life of relative peace would probably appeal to him. Sure the North plus Vale and maybe Riverlands will be a power but there would be little they can do to project that power outside their kingdoms and probably the Vale and North would have a heck of a time pacifying the riverlands.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:22 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So why did she send Bronn to kill Tyrion and Jaime? Is she the fucking Joker of Westeros and knew that Bronn would switch alliegence? Why send him at all then?
To bring them back to her, well Jaime to be exact. They are sick folks.

Interesting that he bails for Kings Landing after the fact.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 10:22 PM 05-12-2019
What was the narrative point of Jaime getting stabbed multiple times if he was just going to end up crushed?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:23 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's definitely a hard one to accept. I was cool with the idea of her going ape shit on the Red Keep, which would have killed a lot of innocents in the attempt to kills Cersei.

It's hard to accept "oops, she finally snapped" as a satisfying explanation, but that's what we have.
Yep.

They had been building that up in Dany through Season 6 and then just kind of did a 180 in Season 7?

In a vacuum. I loved the visceral message of this episode - and had the season and episodes leading up to it had put Dany in that state, I could have been all about it.

But man, what was the deal devoting so much of the shortened Season 7’s timecode to Dany’s vulnerability and “hoping she was worthy” if this was her outcome? Jesus she could have fried ALL the Lannister prisoners - or done anything more in Season 7 to keep the momentum of this outcome going.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:24 PM 05-12-2019
The more I think about it, the more I think that this could actually have been GRRM's ending. The path they took to get here is idiotic and made it seem nonsensical, but think about it.

The good guys become the bad guys. Dany becomes the tyrant. The northmen and the unsullied kill innocent people. No one is good or bad in GRRM's world - only shades of grey. It's exactly the kind of shit he would do.

I just wish they'd taken the time to set up Dany's arc more effectively.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:24 PM 05-12-2019
Jamie’s arc was ruined by hurting Brienne, not by going back to Cersei. Jamie ****ing Brienne was just shitty fan service.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:28 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
As dumb as Tyrion has been, his character would be even fucking dumber if he was purposefully tanking as the hand to Daenerys.
All you have to do is watch the last scenes Tyrion had with Jaime tonight and in season 7 with Cersei. I think Tyrion is very intelligent and manipulated things in an attempt to save them both, save the Lannister name.
[Reply]
Pogue 10:31 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Jamie’s arc was ruined by hurting Brienne, not by going back to Cersei. Jamie ****ing Brienne was just shitty fan service.
Jaime was a tragic character, it was going end in some tragedy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:31 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Or blathering on about how he doesn't care for the Innocents when the reason he became the kingslayer and killed Aerys was basically an exact copy of Tyrion begging Daenerys to spare the Innocents.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:33 PM 05-12-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
All you have to do is watch the last scenes Tyrion had with Jaime tonight and in season 7 with Cersei. I think Tyrion is very intelligent and manipulated things in an attempt to save them both, save the Lannister name.
Tyrion still has the Lannister name. I think it was more a point of trying to save the innocents in the city knowing the only one that might talk sense into Cersei was Jamie. When the bells starting ringing and Dany went crazy bitch that was the moment we all knew she was, well a crazy bitch.
[Reply]
Page 307 of 386
« First < 207257297303304305306307 308309310311317357 > Last »
Up