ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 306 of 324
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 12-14-2023
Keenan Allen is gonna be a cap casualty this offseason as well.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:37 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So who's your guy?

(And we have a 'legit #1' in Rashee Rice)
I'd rather hold on to the first rounder to move up in the draft and be able to work in the pools of both WRs who hit free agency and the higher end guys on this draft so we can have both a veteran and another rookie instead of putting ALL the assets into one basket.

Higgins
Brown
Pittman
Ridley

In that order. If they're not available then probably revisit a trade with the 49ers but I'm really looking to avoid having to give up that 1 if at all possible.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 12-14-2023
I'm a little nervous to trade up in the draft for a WR or atleast relying on that because as we saw last year, teams wouldn't trade with us.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:41 AM 12-14-2023
I'd rather them not do this, but what does Sneed get you on a tag-and-trade?
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 12-14-2023
The end of the first 1's aren't valuable anyway.

Time is a flat circle.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:42 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I keep seeing this.

I mean, what does this mean?

There's gonna be years where they may not be the head and shoulder best team in the league but have a punchers chance in the playoffs to win.
He's started his decline dude. Don't you read.
[Reply]
O.city 10:43 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Maybe a 2 and a 4?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:43 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
A question that has been debated elsewhere.

Maybe a first. More likely a second... seems to be consensus.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:43 AM 12-14-2023
I'm a little nervous to trade up in the draft for a WR or atleast relying on that because as we saw last year, teams wouldn't trade with us.
They would, but it was at a premium. If there's a guy Veach loves pay the premium and get him in the organization.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
They would, but it was at a premium. If there's a guy Veach loves pay the premium and get him in the organization.
But then you're giving up more resources for an unknown draft pick.

Instead of a proven player?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:46 AM 12-14-2023
But then you're giving up more resources for an unknown draft pick.

Instead of a proven player?
You can have both. That was kind of the point. Instead of dumping everything into one basket.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 12-14-2023
I'd rather hold on to the first rounder to move up in the draft and be able to work in the pools of both WRs who hit free agency and the higher end guys on this draft so we can have both a veteran and another rookie instead of putting ALL the assets into one basket.

Higgins
Brown
Pittman
Ridley

In that order. If they're not available then probably revisit a trade with the 49ers but I'm really looking to avoid having to give up that 1 if at all possible.
Fair enough - like I said; I don't disagree with arguments over philosophy and acquisition costs. I ultimately agree with those; I'd rather do FA and the draft than trade a 1st so I can pay FA prices.

But it's not because I don't think Aiyuk is an excellent player - I definitely do. He's outstanding. He's not quite Brown but I don't think he's any worse than Diggs was when he was traded.

So essentially it comes down to execution. If you make the Brown for a 1st deal and lose out on Treylon Burks in the process, it's a home run of a deal. If you make the Diggs for a 1st deal and lose out on Justin Jefferson, it's a disaster.

So if you're gonna swing that big, you'd better be right. Are the Eagles appreciably worse with Christian Kirk and George Pickens than they'd be with AJ Brown? Eh...I don't know that they are. They're different to be sure - worse? I don't know that I can get there.
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 AM 12-14-2023
You can have both. That was kind of the point. Instead of dumping everything into one basket.
Trading our first and paying a guy doesn't mean you can't keep adding.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:48 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not to mention wasting prime Mahomes.
Only 4 QB's in NFL history have more SB's than Mahomes. 3 of those QB's were j the pre salary cap era where they could keep their loaded teams.

He's already achieved the career heights of Peyton Manning, John Elway and Big Ben and passed Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.

He's also only 28, so I say this with the upmost authority: shut the **** up
[Reply]
O.city 10:49 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fair enough - like I said; I don't disagree with arguments over philosophy and acquisition costs. I ultimately agree with those; I'd rather do FA and the draft than trade a 1st so I can pay FA prices.

But it's not because I don't think Aiyuk is an excellent player - I definitely do. He's outstanding. He's not quite Brown but I don't think he's any worse than Diggs was when he was traded.

So essentially it comes down to execution. If you make the Brown for a 1st deal and lose out on Treylon Burks in the process, it's a home run of a deal. If you make the Diggs for a 1st deal and lose out on Justin Jefferson, it's a disaster.

So if you're gonna swing that big, you'd better be right. Are the Eagles appreciably worse with Christian Kirk and George Pickens than they'd be with AJ Brown? Eh...I don't know that they are. They're different to be sure - worse? I don't know that I can get there.
We're not talking about the regular season type things here though.

I still contend that yeah, where the Eagles are gonna end up, give me Aj Brown. I need that guy in January when it's nut cutting time.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 324
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Up