View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 306 of 343
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:47 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Dipshits. “lOoK aT hIs pASs bLoCk wIn rAte lAst wEek!”

He is so lucky that wasn’t as bad as it looked. Either way, fuck him. Good riddance you fat choad.
They'll hide, because they always have to be correct
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:53 PM 01-21-2023
Orlando Brown is the most controversial non-QB Chiefs player I can remember. Many of us think he's replacement level, but others think he's top 5-10.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:55 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Orlando Brown is the most controversial non-QB Chiefs player I can remember. Many of us think he's replacement level, but others think he's top 5-10.
It is pretty wild. :-)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:56 PM 01-21-2023
Good riddance.

Draft the best left tackle available, sign a free agent veteran… anything but giving piece of shit OBJ a fat contract.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:57 PM 01-21-2023
He sucks so bad. He only didn’t look as bad the second half because they put help over there the whole time.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:59 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not defending him; I'm trying to understand how anyone could be stupid enough to think he should be replaced IN GAME. Who the **** is taking that spot during the game?
Lol that’s a joke right ? Cause as bad as he is no one is stepping in to take his place short of injury unfortunately
[Reply]
Bump 08:00 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
well that definitely helps the "he sucks" crowd vs the "he good and if you dont think he's good u dont knows the football" crowd
[Reply]
Bump 08:01 PM 01-21-2023
people also need to remember the main reason people are harder on him than most left tackles. It's because he thinks he is the best LT of all time and deserves to be paid as such. When he is clearly not the best of all time. That's why people are more hard on him. If he was humble and accepted that great contract he was offered, most probably would be fine with him.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:03 PM 01-21-2023
Seems like even his most ardent supporters can only argue that he's an above average left tackle, which is debatable. Is he top 5? Hell no, not even close. Is he top 10? I'd say no, but I'm sure some will disagree. Regardless, there would hardly be an argument on his play if we all knew he would take a reasonable contract. I wouldn't love it, but if he was willing to take $15-18 million a year like his play on the field dictates I would personally not really care. But for someone who is known to be looking for a market setting contract, probably somewhere in the area of $25 million or so a year, being above average ain't gonna cut it.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:04 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:

This is early December
Ok, I normalized it to pass block attempts.

OBJ ranked 41 out of 62 offensive tackles with more than 350 pass block situations when normalized by pass block attempts.

Not garbage, but probably not worth the contract he is asking for.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:04 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
people also need to remember the main reason people are harder on him than most left tackles. It's because he thinks he is the best LT of all time and deserves to be paid as such. When he is clearly not the best of all time. That's why people are more hard on him. If he was humble and accepted that great contract he was offered, most probably would be fine with him.
Exactly, and thank God he didn't accept that contract.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:06 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
Even if he was a consistently average left tackle… it would be okay. Obviously that wouldn’t justify his contract demands, but I am not going to begrudge a guy for trying to get paid.

But he’s not even consistently average.

Tonight getting Mahomes injured is unforgivable.
[Reply]
-King- 08:11 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Ok, I normalized it to pass block attempts.

OBJ ranked 41 out of 62 offensive tackles with more than 350 pass block situations when normalized by pass block attempts.

Not garbage, but probably not worth the contract he is asking for.
So uh...why did you think he was well above average?
[Reply]
cdcox 08:26 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
So uh...why did you think he was well above average?
Because I had not run the numbers, yet and was aware of the probowl selection. I was also mis-remembering what a decent allowed pressure rate was. He's below average, but far from garbage.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:41 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
It seems to me there are offenses that Brown would be a better fit for and teams willing to pay more.

So either KC has to dramatically over pay for what Brown is worth in KC's offense, Brown takes a below market deal, or KC is in the market for a new LT.
[Reply]
Page 306 of 343
« First < 206256296302303304305306 307308309310316 > Last »
Up