ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 305 of 324
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
-King- 10:25 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
We'll have to agree to disagree on him. When Deebo was out of the lineup for those 3 weeks his production noticably declined and the 49ers offense as a whole only managed 17 points every game and lost all 3 games. Just seems far more likely to me he's benefitting greatly from being 3rd fiddle and I'm not sure he can deliver when asked to take over as a legit #1.
His production dropped to 80 yards a game. If that's your "drop off" then you're a really good player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just saw a FA primer from PFF that has Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman all receiving the franchise tag.

If that's the case then that sure limits options. May have to just go after Mike Evans or OBJ and a lesser known WR (Mooney, Chark etc) while we draft our guy in the first rd and develop him.

Options might be limited
I think Jacksonville would need to get a deal done with Allen to get Ridley tagged and I don't see that happening.

I think Allen's their likely tag candidate, even if it's just a tag and trade scenario.

And at Ridley's age, he'd be silly to sign an extension without testing the market first. This will be his only opportunity to 'secure the bag' given his suspension and late start to his career.

I think he sees free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:26 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'll say again - the biggest loss to our WR room isn't going from JJSS to Rice (I still maintain we upgraded there).

It's going from a 700 yard MVS who does enough to command attention to...whatever this is.

The MVS 'situation' isn't born of approach - it's because the dude has seemingly collapsed overnight. Again, the guy had a career game in this very calendar year - I really don't understand how he's fallen off this hard.
Not only has he fallen off but the dude can't even run routes correctly now. Shit makes no sense.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not to mention wasting prime Mahomes.
I keep seeing this.

I mean, what does this mean?

There's gonna be years where they may not be the head and shoulder best team in the league but have a punchers chance in the playoffs to win.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:30 AM 12-14-2023
I think Jacksonville would need to get a deal done with Allen to get Ridley tagged and I don't see that happening.

I think Allen's their likely tag candidate, even if it's just a tag and trade scenario.

And at Ridley's age, he'd be silly to sign an extension without testing the market first. This will be his only opportunity to 'secure the bag' given his suspension and late start to his career.

I think he sees free agency.
Do you wanna give him that bag seeing how inconsistent he's been this year?

Talented AF, but man - he's disappeared for games at a time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:30 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I keep seeing this.

Guy has a decade in front of him playing at/near this level.

Like you, I just kinda roll my eyes at this stuff.
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 12-14-2023
Ridley is....fine. As a fantasy football owner, maybe I'm jaded.

I just don't care about those types anymore.

Speaking of Ceedee.......
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:31 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Do you wanna give him that bag seeing how inconsistent he's been this year?

Talented AF, but man - he's disappeared for games at a time.
Welcome to the free agent marketplace, man.

This is just how it goes. As many of these guys will fail as will succeed. Just gotta hope you guess right.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:33 AM 12-14-2023
Ridley would be great here
[Reply]
staylor26 10:33 AM 12-14-2023
I keep seeing this.

There's gonna be years where they may not be the head and shoulder best team in the league but have a punchers chance in the playoffs to win.
Any year where the Chiefs aren't the 1 seed and look like the best team in the league is wasting a year of Mahomes prime to these fucking morons.

They're so fucking spoiled that they don't realize what actually "wasting" is.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Any year where the Chiefs aren't the 1 seed and look like the best team in the league is wasting a year of Mahomes prime to these ****ing morons.
I guess. Just seems weird to me.

Yeah, it's been bumpy, but they're still in a decent spot. Things could work out in their favor and they may still win a SB.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:35 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ridley would be great here
He's not great in JAX running the same offense and more WR talent around him.

Why so sure that would be different here?
[Reply]
staylor26 10:35 AM 12-14-2023
I guess. Just seems weird to me.

Yeah, it's been bumpy, but they're still in a decent spot. Things could work out in their favor and they may still win a SB.
That crowd has already thrown in the towel on this season, hence why they've been doing victory laps the last couple of weeks.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:35 AM 12-14-2023
Welcome to the free agent marketplace, man.

This is just how it goes. As many of these guys will fail as will succeed. Just gotta hope you guess right.
Yup. And sometimes there's options that become available. Cowboys couldn't afford Amari Cooper with Dak's salary bump as well as a few internal problems.

Browns got him for only a 5th and a 6th rd pick swap as basically a cash dump.

Something like that would be perfect for us
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:36 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup. And sometimes there's options that become available. Cowboys couldn't afford Amari Cooper with Dak's salary bump as well as a few internal problems.

Browns got him for only a 5th and a 6th rd pick swap as basically a cash dump.

Something like that would be perfect for us
That deal still absolutely confuses me.
[Reply]
Page 305 of 324
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Up