View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 305 of 343
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 07:25 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by cdcox:
OBJ allowed Mahomes to be touched 11 times (4 sacks and 7 hits) all season, down from 16 last year. People who think he is garbage don't know anything about football. He's probably going to get paid this year, because we could do a lot worse.
:-)

It's almost as if Mahomes escapes a lot of sacks and hits himself.

OBJ is good some games, bad some games, and downright dangerous others and he may have cost us another Superbowl if Mahomes can't play like himself going further.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:28 PM 01-21-2023
Not defending OBJ but Patrick holds the ball a long time consistently and gets the ball off right as he’s getting hit.

He did that like 5 times on the first drive of tue game today
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:29 PM 01-21-2023
OBJ allowed Mahomes to be touched 11 times (4 sacks and 7 hits) all season, down from 16 last year. People who think he is garbage don't know anything about football. He's probably going to get paid this year, because we could do a lot worse.
CP is largely terrible when it comes to analyzing OL.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:29 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
:-)

It's almost as if Mahomes escapes a lot of sacks and hits himself.

OBJ is good some games, bad some games, and downright dangerous others and he may have cost us another Superbowl if Mahomes can't play like himself going further.
If you add it QB hurries allowed, he's still well above average. A LT of Willie Roaf's caliber isn't even in the league right now, and some people think he's gonna walk though the door, magically
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:30 PM 01-21-2023
I can’t believe there’s people coming in this thread defending this dude. If Mahomes wasn’t made of iron, he very well could have broken his ankle because of this fat turd.

There have been countless times this year where Mahomes was milliseconds away from getting pulverized because of him and used his godliness to escape. That luck ran out today and Brown may have cost us a chance at a Super Bowl.

Fuck. Him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:32 PM 01-21-2023
If you add it QB hurries allowed, he's still well above average. A LT of Willie Roaf's caliber isn't even in the league right now, and some people think he's gonna walk though the door, magically
What? He was literally allowing the most pressures in the entire league for a significant portion of the season and even % wise was like 47th of 54 or some shit. Just because he's played teams with shit talent at EDGE to close the season out doesn't mean he's improved, as we all unfortunately saw today.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:32 PM 01-21-2023
Every QB in the league gets hit, most certainly multiple times per game. It's football.
[Reply]
cdcox 07:33 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What? He was literally allowing the most pressures in the entire league for a significant portion of the season and even % wise was like 47th of 54 or some shit. Just because he's played teams with shit talent at EDGE to close the season out doesn't mean he's improved, as we all unfortunately saw today.
Link?
[Reply]
-King- 07:35 PM 01-21-2023
Where do you see that he's above average in hurries allowed? And are you paying an above LT top 5 money?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:36 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I can’t believe there’s people coming in this thread defending this dude. If Mahomes wasn’t made of iron, he very well could have broken his ankle because of this fat turd.

There have been countless times this year where Mahomes was milliseconds away from getting pulverized because of him and used his godliness to escape. That luck ran out today and Brown may have cost us a chance at a Super Bowl.

****. Him.
I'm not defending him; I'm trying to understand how anyone could be stupid enough to think he should be replaced IN GAME. Who the **** is taking that spot during the game?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:36 PM 01-21-2023
Imagine if we made it to the Super Bowl and had to play the Eagles, having him go against that pass rush, with Patrick hobbled.

Bone chilling just to think about.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:36 PM 01-21-2023
Link?

Most pressures allowed this season by an OT per PFF:

1. Orlando Brown Jr. - 39
2. Andrew Wylie - 37

— Zack Eisen (@zackeisen21) December 5, 2022

This is early December
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:37 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm not defending him; I'm trying to understand how anyone could be stupid enough to think he should be replaced IN GAME. Who the **** is taking that spot during the game?
That was just an emotional post man, obviously I knew that wasn’t happening. I was raged, I thought Mahomes had a broken ankle. It’s amazing that he doesn’t.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:38 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Pressures per pass block.

Creed Humphrey 2.5% (8th out of 25 centers)
Joe Thuney 3.1% (15th out of 45 guards)
Trey Smith 4.8% (27th out of 45 guards)
Wylie 7.4% (46th out of 54 tackles)
Orlando Brown Jr. 7.4% (47th out of 54 tackles)
Also early December.
[Reply]
-King- 07:39 PM 01-21-2023
Link?

Of 25 qualifiers, Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes had the BEST Pressure to Sack Percentage in the NFL at 10.8%.

His tackles, Orlando Brown Jr. (47) and Andrew Wylie (49) both finished top 4 in pressures allowed.

Despite the worst tackle play in the NFL, Mahomes didn’t take sacks. pic.twitter.com/ZCfxwBGAwL

— Pranav Sriraman (@PranavSriraman) January 16, 2023

[Reply]
Page 305 of 343
« First < 205255295301302303304305 306307308309315 > Last »
Up