ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 335
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308314 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Well there was that whole thing of capturing Ned Stark and killing all of his men.

But I agree with you. The way they are redeeming his character is very cool. I think he will be one of the heroes at the end of the series, right after he kills his sister.

When you get right down to it, almost every bad thing he did was because he was seduced by his hot sister.
Television or book?

Because the way they've redeemed him in the book is incredible; just a great, dynamic character. One of the better arcs I've ever seen.

In the television series it's taken, what, 7 seasons to progress him beyond simpering cuckold? And that's assuming he actually gets there. He may start next season off by bending Cersei over the iron throne and professing her love to her.

Because D&D. Well, that's not right, more likely is that Cersei will bend him over the throne and have her way at this point. Because D&D...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:56 PM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
7 seasons to progress him beyond simpering cuckold?
TRUMP!! :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:02 PM 08-17-2016
Television or book?

Because the way they've redeemed him in the book is incredible; just a great, dynamic character. One of the better arcs I've ever seen.

In the television series it's taken, what, 7 seasons to progress him beyond simpering cuckold? And that's assuming he actually gets there. He may start next season off by bending Cersei over the iron throne and professing her love to her.

Because D&D. Well, that's not right, more likely is that Cersei will bend him over the throne and have her way at this point. Because D&D...
Meh, if Jaime ends up killing Cersei in the show, I may end up liking the show arc more than the book arc.

In the book, Jaime is willing to write off Cersei with a "oh noes my ho ain't loyal". If D&D pull it off in the show, the arc may actually be more satisfying. Jaime returns home, and seems influenced by Brienne and Joffrey's death to try to save the life of his daughter. He fails, and watches her die in front of him. In the middle of season six, he promises to Cersei to both save her and their last surviving son. He then successfully ends the siege of Riverrun with little to no violence. In the siege, he's reminded by Edmure of his greatest achievement (successfully defending KL from wildfire), while simataneously reaffirming his commitment to Cersei.

When he returns home, he stands face to face with the reality that the woman he loves has committed the very atrocity that he ruined he prevented with the Mad King. When faced that her actions led to the death of their last son, it sets up perhaps the best character arc of the entire show.

Of course, if D&D have Cersei bend Jaime over in S7E1, it will be the biggest butchering of the adaptation.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:16 PM 08-17-2016
Anyone going to the GoT Live Concert thing? Looks like it might be ok with a couple of drinks.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:23 PM 08-17-2016
Television or book?

Television.

In season 3 after his hand had been cut off, he still went back to save Lady Brienne from being raped and almost certainly killed. He jumped into the pit and stood between her and the wild bear, even though he had no weapon and only one good hand.

It was pretty heroic.
[Reply]
Hawk 07:09 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Television.

In season 3 after his hand had been cut off, he still went back to save Lady Brienne from being raped and almost certainly killed. He jumped into the pit and stood between her and the wild bear, even though he had no weapon and only one good hand.

It was pretty heroic.
On the show, the other bad thing Jaime did was kill his own cousin in the cell. In the books, the other bad thing he did was hide from Tyrion the fact that Tysha was not really a whore and actually loved Tyrion.

I think the book one is worse, but he knows it and tries to make it right by finally telling Tyrion. I like book Jaime's arc much better because he turns on Cersei more quickly. Book Cersei is an even bigger crazy bitch than show Cersei (up until this latest event with her blowing up the church, we'll see if that happens in the books), so I was happy when Jaime spurned her in the books. I didn't really like where they took their relationship on the show this season where Jaime kind of seemed like Cersei's sidekick. Hopefully he will spurn her next season after seeing her go completely over the edge.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:27 PM 08-19-2016
George R.R. Martin has a new book out? Not GOT related? Is this true? WTF is he doing working on some other book?
[Reply]
unlurking 07:28 AM 08-20-2016
Most of his other works are as editor or contributor. He compiles short stories into collections. I really liked the Wild Cards series, but I don't know hoe much work he puts into them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 PM 08-20-2016
I'm not buying this yet. But where there is smoke there is fire. This info is most definitely a 2017 spoiler. No discussion of this outside of the spoilers. You open the spoiler, no bitching.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:19 PM 08-20-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I'm not buying this yet. But where there is smoke there is fire. This info is most definitely a 2017 spoiler. No discussion of this outside of the spoilers. You open the spoiler, no bitching.
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
RustShack 07:41 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Spoiler!
This.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:11 AM 08-21-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Spoiler!
?