ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 304 of 313
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:25 PM 08-29-2021
Eric Berry's contract haunts me when I think of a HB extension. Age, wear, and tear doesn't matter until it does. There has to be some safety nets in that contract or it's good bye. Franchise Tag sounds nice.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:12 AM 08-30-2021
Eric Berry - 9th biggest cap hit in 2020.
[Reply]
Chiefsfan1 01:17 AM 08-30-2021
I think it's highly unlikely Tyrann Mathieu is going to be back if an extension isn't agreed to before the regular season. Doubt anything would get done during the season and I think the Chiefs will tag Orlando Brown Jr. instead. Doubt anything gets done there either until after the season...and if it doesn't, Brown has to be tagged (assuming he isn't some major disappointment this year), which will give the Chiefs until mid-July to come to terms with him. I imagine they'll prioritize re-signing Tyreek Hill first then extend Brown after.

Would love for Mathieu to be back on a reasonable deal, but if the Chiefs let him walk, the bright side is they'll get a nice compensatory pick and combined with cutting Frank Clark's albatross of a contract and Anthony Hitchens, they'll have plenty of cap space to get some things done in free agency and to maybe re-sign guys who won't command as much cap space like Jarran Reed (especially if Chris Jones' move to defensive end on many plays works out), Derrick Nnadi, and others. And perhaps make it easier to re-sign L'Jarius Sneed in the future, and possibly someone like Juan Thornhill and/or Mecole Hardman depending on how they perform.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:40 AM 08-30-2021
HB is getting like 14 mil for this season.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:42 AM 08-30-2021
HB is getting like 14 mil for this season. He can take his poor attitude from twitter and shove it.
[Reply]
TEX 05:19 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
I don't really care for him tweeting about how unhappy he is with the contract negotiations. Like when Jamal Adams got that contract he tweeted about the Chiefs disrespecting him or something, like just keep that private. Maybe if it was a serious lowball or something but I doubt it.
He's always been a Twitter Deva. Its who he is. He's also never let it affect his play. So, we'll see if that holds true this season.
Personally his tendency for Twitter tantrums was only thing I didn't like about signing him.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:19 AM 08-30-2021
It's really sad to see these players be so greedy. I understand they want to be respected but so does everybody in life. If you think 14 million fucking dollars isn't enough well then fuck you. Everybody is replaceable.

Except Patrick Mahomes.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:45 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
It's really sad to see these players be so greedy. I understand they want to be respected but so does everybody in life. If you think 14 million fucking dollars isn't enough well then fuck you. Everybody is replaceable.

Except Patrick Mahomes.

Man, I hope they can find a way to make things work with Mathieu, but if they can’t I’m not going to get mad at him for maxing out his compensation.

It’s my goal in life. Trying to take care of my family.

The team certainly makes a ton of money. I’ll never get mad at any player for trying to get as big a slice of it as they can justify.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:56 AM 08-30-2021

Except Patrick Mahomes.
The guy won a Super Bowl. And was a core reason for that.

He should risk his long-term heath to receive less than fair market value for what purpose?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:07 AM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

He should risk his long-term heath to receive less than fair market value for what purpose?
Agreed. I also think he's probably gone after this season.

And while that's sad, it's also ok. Restocking.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:17 AM 08-30-2021

That's the attitude I'm talking about . I risked my longterm health for 30 years in the Hog business and never made 14 million dollars. Playing in the NFL is a privilege .
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:19 AM 08-30-2021
That's the attitude I'm talking about . I risked my longterm health for 30 years in the Hog business and never made 14 million dollars. Playing in the NFL is a privilege .
Were you offered millions of dollars more to take the same job elsewhere in the hog business and you declined because of a sense of loyalty to your existing hog business?

If not, then you've never been confronted with the same decision in your life.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:26 AM 08-30-2021
Were you offered millions of dollars more to take the same job elsewhere in the hog business and you declined because of a sense of loyalty to your existing hog business?

If not, then you've never been confronted with the same decision in your life.
Isn't there a point though when you're making that kind of money when it's really irrelevant? I mean what can you do with 18 million that you can't do with 14 million.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:29 AM 08-30-2021

That depends on how much you value winning. Veach won't try to screw him over. It's no secret players often take less to win. If he wants to be a loser somewhere else in or to swell his already bloated bank account. That's his decision.
[Reply]

That depends on how much you value winning. Veach won't try to screw him over. It's no secret players often take less to win. If he wants to be a loser somewhere else in or to swell his already bloated bank account. That's his decision.
[Reply]

[Reply]

[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:46 AM 08-30-2021
Isn't there a point though when you're making that kind of money when it's really irrelevant? I mean what can you do with 18 million that you can't do with 14 million.
Some things:
1/ Where do you draw the line on that? How do you think about 5mm vs 10mm? 1mm vs 3mm? What may seem like 'enough' for you might not seem that way for others.
2/ You were able to do your job for 30 years. Do you think TM can play football for that length of time and earn that standard of living? Shouldn't his goal be to maximize as much as he possibly can to take care of himself and future generations of his family if that's what he wants to do? The guy grew up in poverty with a father behind bars.
3/ Pretty well-documented that NFL players have long-term health effects from playing football. I'd certainly want to maximize my value to provide for those expenses.
4/ Do yo think if he gets paid 14mm that he actually gets 14mm? After taxes and agent fees, he probably clears about half of that.
5/ If the guy wants to buy houses on the beach and fly on private jets for the rest of his life, who are you to tell him he shouldn't be able to do that because you think he should take 4mm less to play for your favorite team?
[Reply]
Page 304 of 313
« First < 204254294300301302303304 305306307308 > Last »
Up