ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 324
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 09:38 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
That's my point - if healthy and the 4th option behind Rice, Kelce and a legit WR1, Hardman gives you what Mooney does at likely 1/10th the cost. Spotrac seems to think Mooney's market value is $10M a season.

Fuck that.
How are you getting that 1? Are you signing it or drafting it?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:39 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Inflation at the WR spot....so yea, that's about right.

I'd not do that myself either.
Mom, can we have Darnell Mooney?

No, we have Darnell Mooney at home.

[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 12-14-2023
They wanted to trade for and pay AJ brown right?

Do that with someone else.

Dolphins wanna trade Waddle? Hell, do the Vikings wanna get enough ammo to go get a QB? We can help.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Absolutely.

But also....you wanted him so you wear this scarlett letter.
Yup - haven't shied away from that one either.

He was my guy; a dude I thought could play LT or at worst be a truly elite RT. He's not been that. He's been an above average pass blocker with penalty issues and some run blocking warts.

Essentially he's been the same player (plus penalties) that he was in Jacksonville. And that's disappointing as I felt like he was an ascending player that would reach a new level. It hasn't happened.

He's not been worth the deal we gave him for sure.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 12-14-2023
That's my point - if healthy and the 4th option behind Rice, Kelce and a legit WR1, Hardman gives you what Mooney does at likely 1/10th the cost. Spotrac seems to think Mooney's market value is $10M a season.

**** that.
I think there are 2 paths. You consider a Mooney as insurance for a Wr1 you take with an aggressive draft pick. Mooney is a much better temp full time WR than hardman is.

Or you can spend big $ on a wR1 and ideally take the best draft pick possible but less urgent since it’s wr2… maybe allows to be a little less aggressive in the draft.

The first scenario would save us a lot of money but it’s a bit of a year 1 risk.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup - haven't shied away from that one either.

He was my guy; a dude I thought could play LT or at worst be a truly elite RT. He's not been that. He's been an above average pass blocker with penalty issues and some run blocking warts.

Essentially he's been the same player (plus penalties) that he was in Jacksonville. And that's disappointing as I felt like he was an ascending player that would reach a new level. It hasn't happened.

He's not been worth the deal we gave him for sure.
It's a good lesson you should learn. Let the adults talk football for a while, maybe sit this one out.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:42 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
How are you getting that 1? Are you signing it or drafting it?
Prefer to sign, as I don't think we get it drafting late.

The problem is that guy actually being available. I've made it clear my top choice would be Pittman, just need the Colts to go Full R and not resign him.
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 12-14-2023

The problem is that guy actually being available. I've made it clear my top choice would be Pittman, just need the Colts to go Full R and not resign him.
I'm telling you guys. It's gonna be Aiyuk.

He's going into that 5th year, that's when it's sign or trade time. We've got history dealing with the 9ers and that regime. He's too perfect of a fit here for it not to work.

Send them our first. Pay him the Terry McLaurin deal wiht 10% inflation tacked on.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:48 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think there are 2 paths. You consider a Mooney as insurance for a Wr1 you take with an aggressive draft pick. Mooney is a much better temp full time WR than hardman is.

Or you can spend big $ on a wR1 and ideally take the best draft pick possible but less urgent since it’s wr2… maybe allows to be a little less aggressive in the draft.

The first scenario would save us a lot of money but it’s a bit of a year 1 risk.
I'm not paying $10M for an insurance policy when we can get the same thing by resigning Mecole. Put that money towards signing a high end guy, or draft the high end guy and use that money elsewhere.

Mooney had the one good year. Otherwise, Mecole has outproduced him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:48 AM 12-14-2023

Who would they possibly franchise if not him?

I just can't see any possibility that Pittman hits the market. And while I'd probably be fine paying him the contract he'd command on the market, I'm not willing to do that AND give a 1st or even 2nd round pick for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:49 AM 12-14-2023
Good fucking Lord, can we shut the fuck up about Aiyuk, please? He's the third option AT BEST in San Francisco and his production drops noticably when not playing with McCaffrey or Samuel. And we want to send a first AND sign him to top WR money to be our #1?!?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:51 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Good fucking Lord, can we shut the fuck up about Aiyuk, please? He's the third option AT BEST in San Francisco and his production drops noticably when not playing with McCaffrey or Samuel. And we want to send a first AND sign him to top WR money to be our #1?!?
Yeah lets just draft another Skyy Moore in the 2nd round and hope, pray and beg that he's good. We need WR1 and we need to KNOW they will be WR1. Kelce is about done. Take advantage of this great time. Kelce is too great to have these years be all for not. Its disrespectful to him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Lord - is there anyone you'd be satisfied with then?

Because Aiyuk is an excellent receiver. Easy top 20, arguably top 10. And he's young.

Argue the acquisition cost if you'd like but man, I don't understand "well he's just the 3rd option in SF..." as a position at all. Aiyuk is really really good. He's a damn site better than anyone that's going to be available in FA or likely in trade. I'd definitely take him over Adams, especially when you consider age.
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 12-14-2023
Look at his advanced separation stats. That's got Andy Reid written all over it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:53 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who would they possibly franchise if not him?

I just can't see any possibility that Pittman hits the market. And while I'd probably be fine paying him the contract he'd command on the market, I'm not willing to do that AND give a 1st or even 2nd round pick for him.
It's Pittman or Kenny Moore.

The tag number for CB's is probably $3-4M less than WR.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 324
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Up