ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 303 of 333
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:52 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
9 years ago tonight. Game 2 of the ALDS vs the Angels in Anaheim. Great start from Ace. 1 run through 7. That night I was watching the game somewhere away from home, and, as the night drew on, I had to leave for home, in the bottom of the 10th, since I had to work the next day.

Figured I would be there to see the end of the game, or, be able to see the top of the 11th. We got delayed by a wreck on I-70. Was discombobulated as I really wanted to see the game. But, was forced to listen on the radio.

In the 11th as Hoz connected, the sound off the bat, on the radio, was unmistakeable. It was a loud, thunderous crack, followed by an ooooohhh/grooaann from the fans. With a smattering of whoops and claps from the Royals fans in attendance.

Got home to see the replay and I could understand why it was so audible on the radio. He was waiting on that pitch. Locked right in. And he swung with no,other intention than to send it to the moon.

So may great memories from that run. Will never, ever forget that sound. It was the sound of a win, the sound of momentum of the WC game. That team finally realized they were actually pretty good.
That is also Mike Trout's last home playoff game

[Reply]
DJJasonp 05:33 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
9 years ago tonight. Game 2 of the ALDS vs the Angels in Anaheim. Great start from Ace. 1 run through 7. That night I was watching the game somewhere away from home, and, as the night drew on, I had to leave for home, in the bottom of the 10th, since I had to work the next day.

Figured I would be there to see the end of the game, or, be able to see the top of the 11th. We got delayed by a wreck on I-70. Was discombobulated as I really wanted to see the game. But, was forced to listen on the radio.

In the 11th as Hoz connected, the sound off the bat, on the radio, was unmistakeable. It was a loud, thunderous crack, followed by an ooooohhh/grooaann from the fans. With a smattering of whoops and claps from the Royals fans in attendance.

Got home to see the replay and I could understand why it was so audible on the radio. He was waiting on that pitch. Locked right in. And he swung with no,other intention than to send it to the moon.

So may great memories from that run. Will never, ever forget that sound. It was the sound of a win, the sound of momentum of the WC game. That team finally realized they were actually pretty good.
was in attendance for that game. my biggest memory was Dyson's throw late in the game. I was on the 3rd base side, and had a great view (13:30 mark) :

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 06:03 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
That is also Mike Trout's last home playoff game
I remember thinking as that sound came through my radio,

Jesus Christ, that was loud!!
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 PM 10-03-2023
The one useful part of facebook these days is those memories that pop up every October(ish)... experiencing my first playoff game at the K brought tears to my eyes at one point. An energy never experienced for a live baseball game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:07 PM 10-03-2023
You'd be hard pressed to find two consecutive post season runs more fun than 2014 and 2015.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:21 PM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
You'd be hard pressed to find two consecutive post season runs more fun than 2014 and 2015.
It got us ready for the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:23 PM 10-03-2023
Damn straight.

I had tix to game 4 against the Angels in 2014... didn't happen, and jimmy crack corn, I don't care!

Got lucky though... had tix for game 5 at Citifield in 2015, and that's an experience I'll never forget.

Lot of fun memories that we've shared with the Royals over the years, lot of up and downs, and for many of us, mostly downs.

But here's to hoping things get turned around sooner than later, and the good times will be that much sweeter as a result.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:23 PM 10-03-2023
Yup, the full grind of a baseball season coming together is like nothing else. Especially for a franchise who has spent the better part of decades in the dumps. Those guys will always be some of my favorites ever, the way they bonded and put together something I never expected them to do (no one expected them to do).
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:30 PM 10-03-2023
I was in Anaheim with my son for G2, also. One of the greatest live experiences ever. And there was a surprising number of Royals fans there. Great night that my son and I will always share.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 02:11 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yup, the full grind of a baseball season coming together is like nothing else. Especially for a franchise who has spent the better part of decades in the dumps. Those guys will always be some of my favorites ever, the way they bonded and put together something I never expected them to do (no one expected them to do).
The way they dominated the postseason the first trip was nothing short of spectacular (save the WS)
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:28 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Totally this.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:07 AM 10-04-2023
I went to every home playoff game in 14 and 15. Just no way I was going to miss it, especially with the pessimistic part of my brain telling me this run may not happen again for 30 years. Worth every penny. Got to attend a World Series game with my brother and a few other games with both my Dad and Brother. Memories I'll have for a lifetime, that I often circle back to when watching the current boys in blue.

The Game 1 BOMB by Alex Gordon still brings tears to my eyes. Sharing that moment with my brother was incredible.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:09 AM 10-04-2023
And shame on me for forgetting experiencing the walk off wild card winner from Salvy. I think I hugged 50 randoms in the crowd that night. Every single person in there experienced something as close to euphoria as you can be.

I'm sure we all have hundreds of those moments during 14-15.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:17 AM 10-04-2023
I got to see them clinch the AL pennant in game 4 against the Orioles. Really a nothing happening game Royals scored 2 in the first and that was enough for the win. But seeing them get the final out, the stage being setup to celebrate the pennant and Cain get the ALCS MVP was really great.

I also got to see the complete opposite of a nothing happening game at World Series Game 1 against the Mets. Esky's first pitch inside the park HR, Gordon's game saving HR, the extra innings and finally the walk off win. Best game I've ever been to.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:29 AM 10-04-2023
Both of our WS appearances in those seasons came after a ground ball to Moose and 5-3 putout. JJ Hardy and of course Josh Donaldson.

Both times the crowd started with

MOOOOOOOOOOSSSSEAND THEN A HUGE ROAR. There’s a YouTube vid that I think Dave Lane posted from out in the parking lot after the last groundout that really gave a great perspective.

And of course, Denny, understated in the radio as the ball popped into Hosmer’s glove (2014):

“Kansas City… you got yourselves a World Series”.
[Reply]
Page 303 of 333
« First < 203253293299300301302303 304305306307313 > Last »
Up