ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 324
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Yep.

Everyone thinks the only way to play offense is to have burners all over the field, deep ball deep ball deep ball. Mooney and Moore go BBBBRRRRRRR FAST, we need them.

AJ Brown runs a 4.5 40. Would anyone be upset to have AJ Brown on this roster?

I don't care how they do it, but get a legit WR1 to pair with Rice and the last year or two of Kelce and this offense will SING
AJ brown has a top 10 draft pick WR across from him as well.

Yes, paid Rice with another Wr that can actually do it all and let these other guys fill around it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:14 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
AJ brown has a top 10 draft pick WR across from him as well.

Yes, paid Rice with another Wr that can actually do it all and let these other guys fill around it.
Crazy that some folks would prefer we just keep accumulating Mecole Hardman clones.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:20 AM 12-14-2023
We need a legit badass at WR. Enough with the "deep threat here, middle here, this there".

Go get a guy that can do it all, fill around it.
That's what the "3-levels winner" is. Short, intermediate, deep. I'm saying they need the guy who can do everything, and they need a better deep threat.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:23 AM 12-14-2023
Yep.

Everyone thinks the only way to play offense is to have burners all over the field, deep ball deep ball deep ball. Mooney and Moore go BBBBRRRRRRR FAST, we need them.

AJ Brown runs a 4.5 40. Would anyone be upset to have AJ Brown on this roster?

I don't care how they do it, but get a legit WR1 to pair with Rice and the last year or two of Kelce and this offense will SING
Crazy that some folks would prefer we just keep accumulating Mecole Hardman clones.
Who is asking for a Mecole Hardman clone?

Darnell Mooney is a second-tier target. Is that what has you worked up?

If the FA pool doesn't work out, they don't land a front-tier option, he's a useful second-tier target who has some familiarity with the offense, good production in his recent past, and some potential to unlock more than he's shown in a better passing offense.

Marquise Brown is not a Hardman clone. He's an upgraded version of Hardman, with more actual legitimate WR skills.

Everyone agrees they need to make upgrades at WR, but there are multiple paths to it.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:27 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Who is asking for a Mecole Hardman clone?

Darnell Mooney is a second-tier target. Is that what has you worked up?

If the FA pool doesn't work out, they don't land a front-tier option, he's a useful second-tier target who has some familiarity with the offense, good production in his recent past, and some potential to unlock more than he's shown in a better passing offense.

Marquise Brown is not a Hardman clone. He's an upgraded version of Hardman, with more actual legitimate WR skills.

Everyone agrees they need to make upgrades at WR, but there are multiple paths to it.
This is going to be a much better WR FA and draft year than last year, if what they do is marginal it is by choice.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Saying Wylie and Niang were not viable at RT, so we HAD to sign a free agent, but then saying we won a SB with the receivers, so they didn't need to be upgraded, is hypocritical bullshit. We obviously won the FN Super Bowl with Wylie and Niang as well.

I understand why people don't want to criticize Veach. He was the Champion for Mahomes being drafted, and is currently responsible for 2 SB rings. And it's the same thing for Reid. I get why people don't want to be critical of their performance.

But, Veach miscalculated when he didn't add a high level veteran to replace JuJu, he doubled down at the trade deadline, and we have looked like a poorly coached team all season. Drops, fumbles, penalties, special teams, etc. are still an issue for this team in week 14.

Taylor is not good. Smith is not good. They aren't bad, they are just not good.
With a hurt quarterback.

I'm 100% okay with Veach prioritizing upgrades on the OL this past off-season. Now it's an open question as to whether or not he succeeded, but the philosophy was absolutely defensible.
[Reply]
O.city 09:28 AM 12-14-2023
I may be way off here but.....I'd rather have Hardman at his price than Hollywood at his.

If I'm gonna spend at WR, go spend and get results.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
With a hurt quarterback.

I'm 100% okay with Veach prioritizing upgrades on the OL this past off-season. Now it's an open question as to whether or not he succeeded, but the philosophy was absolutely defensible.
Prime example on why FA can be fools gold. You don't know the guy til you get him in the building.

Now I dont' think Taylor has been bad at all outside the penalties (other than that how was the play Mrs Lincoln) but it hasn't worked out.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:30 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This is going to be a much better WR FA and draft year than last year, if what they do is marginal it is by choice.
Right.

And I don't expect that they'll do something like Darnell Mooney or Curtis Samuel and call it good. If the top FA addition is in that tier, they're spending significant resources to draft someone at a premium spot, or trading for someone.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12-14-2023, 09:30 AM
This message has been deleted by chiefzilla1501. Reason: Dupe
O.city 09:31 AM 12-14-2023
When you have a legit guy in front of him, Hardamn can put up 5 - 6 Td's and 700 yards.

Paid what he'll be paid, that's valuable.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:32 AM 12-14-2023
I may be way off here but.....I'd rather have Hardman at his price than Hollywood at his.

It makes me a little uneasy but I kinda thing it would work if you surround him with the right guys. I’d rather use our best resources to get us more reliability.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:35 AM 12-14-2023

That's my point - if healthy and the 4th option behind Rice, Kelce and a legit WR1, Hardman gives you what Mooney does at likely 1/10th the cost. Spotrac seems to think Mooney's market value is $10M a season.

Fuck that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 12-14-2023
That's my point - if healthy, Hardman gives you what Mooney does at likely 1/10th the cost. Spotrac seems to think Mooney's market value is $10M a season.

**** that.
Inflation at the WR spot....so yea, that's about right.

I'd not do that myself either.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 12-14-2023
Prime example on why FA can be fools gold. You don't know the guy til you get him in the building.

Now I dont' think Taylor has been bad at all outside the penalties (other than that how was the play Mrs Lincoln) but it hasn't worked out.
I agree - absent the penalties I think Taylor's been an upgrade on Wylie. And in the end penalties are annoying but they don't get PM hurt. I'll take an improvement on the field even at the cost of more penalties if that helps keep our quarterback healthy.

It's like relief pitchers that walk guys. It's annoying. You'd rather see them not do that. But if you have one reliever with a walk issue and another reliever that gives up too many homers - gimme the one that walks guys.

That all being said, for the cost he's been a disappointment.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I agree - absent the penalties I think Taylor's been an upgrade on Wylie. And in the end penalties are annoying but they don't get PM hurt. I'll take an improvement on the field even at the cost of more penalties if that helps keep our quarterback healthy.

But for the cost he's been a disappointment.
Absolutely.

But also....you wanted him so you wear this scarlett letter.
[Reply]
Page 302 of 324
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up