View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 302 of 343
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 06:28 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
It’s hard for me seeing them going for an unknown to play LT when your qb is coming into his prime.

It’s not an ideal situation
But you are basically then guaranteeing you have an issue protecting mahomes for years. If we are talking about his prime we are talking about multiple years and I actually think that argument favors even more moving on from OBJ.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:56 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
But you are basically then guaranteeing you have an issue protecting mahomes for years. If we are talking about his prime we are talking about multiple years and I actually think that argument favors even more moving on from OBJ.
His feet are just so slow.

I’m sure that’s why he started playing tennis. If he can improve his foot speed he will grow by leaps and bounds in how he’s able to handle speed rushers. I’m just not convinced he has the raw ability to do that.
[Reply]
poolboy 07:20 PM 12-27-2022
His technique ala kick step is barely there
He seems to be all upper body
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:07 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd rather give a 2 for Nijman.
I'm all about Nijman.

He's the same age, a better pass blocker, has a full season's worth of starting experience protecting the closest thing skillset-wise to Mahomes there is.

A decent left tackle contract and a #2 probably does it.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:27 PM 12-27-2022
Dude was one of the least strong tackles at the nfl combine. And hes not athletic. Quite honestly I dont even know how hes aa good as he is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:46 PM 01-04-2023
Chiefs waived Geron Christian today.

CP does this shit all the time where the Chiefs sign a roster bubble player, everybody goes, "Who?" and after somebody says, "He looked good for Team X and PFF likes him," the player gradually gets more and more undeserved reputation among the fanbase until it gets out of control.

That's got to be an example of some sort of societal phenomenon. I don't know what the term for it might be, but surely somebody has a name for this.

Some posters here legitimately believed we could have prime Eric Fisher level play for Andrew Wylie level prices with Geron Christian. Anything to be free of OBJ.

Look, I also don't want to pay OBJ all that money, but that's no reason to anoint a complete fucking nobody to serviceable starting NFL LT level.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:52 PM 01-04-2023
Orlando has been getting it done in pass protection.

Only allowed 6 pressures in the last 4 games combined.
Attached: F4242A97-402D-4AFB-9E50-6D06883668F7.jpg (45.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:55 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Chiefs waived Geron Christian today.

CP does this shit all the time where the Chiefs sign a roster bubble player, everybody goes, "Who?" and after somebody says, "He looked good for Team X and PFF likes him," the player gradually gets more and more undeserved reputation among the fanbase until it gets out of control.

That's got to be an example of some sort of societal phenomenon. I don't know what the term for it might be, but surely somebody has a name for this.

Some posters here legitimately believed we could have prime Eric Fisher level play for Andrew Wylie level prices with Geron Christian. Anything to be free of OBJ.

Look, I also don't want to pay OBJ all that money, but that's no reason to anoint a complete fucking nobody to serviceable starting NFL LT level.
So you’re against playing Kinnard instead of OBJ through the playoffs? :-)
[Reply]
kozzman555 08:57 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Orlando has been getting it done in pass protection.

Only allowed 6 pressures in the last 4 games combined.
Against trash pass rush teams. We have all seen him shit the bed against actual good pass rushers. Lets see a game against a top tier pass rusher where he balls out.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:11 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Dude was one of the least strong tackles at the nfl combine. And hes not athletic. Quite honestly I dont even know how hes aa good as he is.
One NFL example of the difference between weight lifting strength and functional strength is Mike Ruth, the 42 pick of the draft by the Patriots in 1986. One of the most hyped players in college thanks to steroids. Ruth had short arms so even though he could bench 580 lbs, he just didn't have much functional strength compared to most NFL offensive lineman that had much longer arms.

Guys who are Orlando Brown Jr. size are rarely going to be lifting tons of weight since their arms are so long. The weight just has much longer to travel. It is much easier for a guy with relatively short limbs to lift a ton of weight than it is a 6"8 player like Brown with long arms to lift a ton of weight. But the 6"8 guy if often the much stronger person in real world scenarios. Kevin Durant couldn't even bench press 185 lbs once entering the NBA but in the real world of NBA basketball, he was never that weak.

Not many NFL players succeed at bull rushing Orlando Brown. At times, he just pancakes opposing defensive lineman known for their strength into the ground like very few offensive lineman in the NFL can do. He has done that to TJ Watt and so many other NFL players. Teams kind of have to speed rush him since going through him with a bull rush is very difficult. Some other big tackles can still be bull rushed or have to hold since they are being overpowered even if they are using decent technique. See Tampa Bay's left tackle Donovan Smith who has gotten called for a lot of holding over the past 7 years and many of those holding calls are on simple bull rush plays.

Brown is really underrated by many Chiefs fans on CP and one of the most valuable players on the team. Guy is a physical specimen. Even using a speed rush against him is not that easy since he really just needs to get a hand on you to slow you up enough to recover.

Even though PFF grades Brown fairly highly right now, their grading system underrates him. Why? Mahomes, a right handed QB improvises a ton/extends his fair share of plays which makes it very difficult on any left tackle. Mahomes arguably makes the right tackles job a little easier but he certainly makes the job of a left tackle tougher. In addition, Andy Reid errors on the side of passing instead of running. Brown could literally be destroying a very good speed rusher on a run block on 2nd down and Reid will pass on 3rd and short even if some of his better receivers are out and the defense is overplaying the pass. Part of it is Reid may want to be preserving KC's identity and understandably he wants to use Mahomes as much as possible.
[Reply]
TEX 10:19 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
One NFL example of the difference between weight lifting strength and functional strength is Mike Ruth, the 42 pick of the draft by the Patriots in 1986. One of the most hyped players in college thanks to steroids. Ruth had short arms so even though he could bench 580 lbs, he just didn't have much functional strength compared to most NFL offensive lineman that had much longer arms.

Guys who are Orlando Brown Jr. size are rarely going to be lifting tons of weight since their arms are so long. The weight just has much longer to travel. It is much easier for a guy with relatively short limbs to lift a ton of weight than it is a 6"8 player like Brown with long arms to lift a ton of weight. But the 6"8 guy if often the much stronger person in real world scenarios. Kevin Durant couldn't even bench press 185 lbs once entering the NBA but in the real world of NBA basketball, he was never that weak.

Not many NFL players succeed at bull rushing Orlando Brown. At times, he just pancakes opposing defensive lineman known for their strength into the ground like very few offensive lineman in the NFL can do. He has done that to TJ Watt and so many other NFL players. Teams kind of have to speed rush him since going through him with a bull rush is very difficult. Some other big tackles can still be bull rushed or have to hold since they are being overpowered even if they are using decent technique. See Tampa Bay's left tackle Donovan Smith who has gotten called for a lot of holding over the past 7 years and many of those holding calls are on simple bull rush plays.

Brown is really underrated by many Chiefs fans on CP and one of the most valuable players on the team. Guy is a physical specimen. Even using a speed rush against him is not that easy since he really just needs to get a hand on you to slow you up enough to recover.

Even though PFF grades Brown fairly highly right now, their grading system underrates him. Why? Mahomes, a right handed QB improvises a ton/extends his fair share of plays which makes it very difficult on any left tackle. Mahomes arguably makes the right tackles job a little easier but he certainly makes the job of a left tackle tougher. In addition, Andy Reid errors on the side of passing instead of running. Brown could literally be destroying a very good speed rusher on a run block on 2nd down and Reid will pass on 3rd and short even if some of his better receivers are out and the defense is overplaying the pass. Part of it is Reid may want to be preserving KC's identity and understandably he wants to use Mahomes as much as possible.
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 10:21 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
Against trash pass rush teams. We have all seen him shit the bed against actual good pass rushers. Lets see a game against a top tier pass rusher where he balls out.
Exactly. Lets see how he does this Sat. Im betting not very well, especially if Thuney is out.
[Reply]
TEX 10:22 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm all about Nijman.

He's the same age, a better pass blocker, has a full season's worth of starting experience protecting the closest thing skillset-wise to Mahomes there is.

A decent left tackle contract and a #2 probably does it.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Now you're talking! Why would GB trade him?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:12 PM 01-04-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Now you're talking! Why would GB trade him?
He's an RFA and wants starter money. GB can keep him one more year, and he'll walk. They're already paying Bahktiari a mint, and just signed Jenkins to a sizable deal at RT.

So we'd have to poach him, but I can't see GB investing another starter level salary to sit the bench. It's possible they slap a first round tender on him, but a second would be a deal I'd do.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:34 PM 01-04-2023
Everybody has their warts. Niemann gave up 2 sacks, 4 pressures snd 4 hurries against the Rams a couple weeks ago and Orlando didn’t give up a single pressure when we played them in week 12.
6 pressures against Tennessee (same as Orlando had against them)
4 against Philly
[Reply]
Page 302 of 343
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up