ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 302 of 333
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:27 AM 10-03-2023

JJ Picollo said the Royals will return their entire coaching staff.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) October 3, 2023

[Reply]
PHOG 09:41 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Fine, as long as HE takes a hike.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:41 AM 10-03-2023

JJ seemed to be pointing to moving forward with pitching from outside the organization. I will follow up on that subject shortly.

— Soren Petro (@SorenPetro) October 3, 2023

Picollo... "There is no question our bullpen has to be addressed."

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:42 AM 10-03-2023

Picollo... "Our infield is pretty set. We expect to get Vinnie Pasquantiono back next year.
Bats and the outfield is where we're going to be hunting this offseason."

[Reply]
Woogieman 10:05 AM 10-03-2023
If you are serious about winning, Isbel can ONLY be a late-inning defensive replacement, but I think a platoon of Waters/Blanco makes Isbel filler. Keep Velazquez, his power is crucial, espec. if Garcia remains at 3rd (I like him, I like his bat, maybe he develops a LITTLE more power). Loftin/Massey fight it out over 2nd for 1 more year (love Massey's power, but he needs to be minimal .250 BA. Looks like you need to do 3-way trades including Melendez and Pratto if you sign a veteran, power hitting RF (but if they gave both 1 more yr tryouts, I'd understand). JJ somehow needs to find 2 starting pitchers and several bullpen pieces...he needs a GREAT offseason just to get out of the cellar in a bad division if he can't get more production from Pasq, Melendez, Pratto, and Waters. Big ask.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:07 AM 10-03-2023
Shouldn't they be hunting pitching?
[Reply]
myselff77 10:23 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
On a side note, is this Salvys last ride with us today? Looks like he’s at catcher today. No matter what, he’s the best.
Why do you think that? I don't think the Royals trade Salvy for the sake of trading him. If some team is willing to overpay in terms of what they offer in a trade, you take it, but I doubt this type of offer is going to happen during the offseason. Now stating that, I'll probably be 100% wrong!
[Reply]
Mecca 10:24 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Why do you think that? I don't think the Royals trade Salvy for the sake of trading him. If some team is willing to overpay in terms of what they offer in a trade, you take it, but I doubt this type of offer is going to happen during the offseason. Now stating that, I'll probably be 100% wrong!
They nearly traded him at the deadline....

They probably also really regret not trading Carlos Hernandez.
[Reply]
myselff77 10:32 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The fan in me hopes he says "**** it" and comes back to get 3,000.
I absolutely agree with you. Has he actually said anything officially about retiring?

I think someone else mentioned it, but would be interesting to see him pitch out of the bullpen and let him get his 3000 k's. I'd even let him play outfield or DH once a week so he could work on getting his 10th career homerun which I think would easily entice him to comeback. (I think I'm kidding, but I'd still do it)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:44 AM 10-03-2023
They should be hunting pitching and an above-average bat.

I'd be all over Cody Bellinger. There's a young Korean OF who is being posted to the states that is interesting (though I'm not sure how he translates regarding his power).

I don't see any options beyond those guys that really move the needle for me.

Pitching side, Aaron Nola and Blake Snell are the big tickets. I also really like Jordan Montgomery and think Frankie Montas would be interesting as a bounce-back guy.
[Reply]
myselff77 10:44 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They nearly traded him at the deadline....
Right but the return in value was not there. I'm not sure who is going to up their offer or if it will be a team Salvy is willing to goto.
[Reply]
nychief 10:48 AM 10-03-2023
Looking forward to Sherman opening the checkbook and landing a recently DFA'd starter with 6+ era to a two year 17.5 million dollar contract. BONER.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:49 AM 10-03-2023
Originally Posted by nychief:
Looking forward to Sherman opening the checkbook and landing a recently DFA'd starter with 6+ era to a two year 17.5 million dollar contract. BONER.
INNINGS EATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:04 PM 10-03-2023
Picollo and Sherman have been hinting about going after pitching this offseaso since the All Star breaks if you have been paying attention.

I also expect then to go the trade route to improve this offseason look at some teams that want to shed payroll like the Red Sox did with Beni and when the Royals.picked up Ervin Santana

If they have played like they did the last two months - they would have been 70-92. Which isn't great but for a young team you could live with. The advance stats had the Royals this year at 64-98.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:44 PM 10-03-2023
9 years ago tonight. Game 2 of the ALDS vs the Angels in Anaheim. Great start from Ace. 1 run through 7. That night I was watching the game somewhere away from home, and, as the night drew on, I had to leave for home, in the bottom of the 10th, since I had to work the next day.

Figured I would be there to see the end of the game, or, be able to see the top of the 11th. We got delayed by a wreck on I-70. Was discombobulated as I really wanted to see the game. But, was forced to listen on the radio.

In the 11th as Hoz connected, the sound off the bat, on the radio, was unmistakeable. It was a loud, thunderous crack, followed by an ooooohhh/grooaann from the fans. With a smattering of whoops and claps from the Royals fans in attendance.

Got home to see the replay and I could understand why it was so audible on the radio. He was waiting on that pitch. Locked right in. And he swung with no,other intention than to send it to the moon.

So may great memories from that run. Will never, ever forget that sound. It was the sound of a win, the sound of momentum of the WC game. That team finally realized they were actually pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 302 of 333
« First < 202252292298299300301302 303304305306312 > Last »
Up