View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 301 of 343
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TEX 03:04 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
No. I believe he’s still improving every week, tbh.

He’s never going to be Willie Roaf, but his grades after the bye have progressively improved and the last 6 games he’s been one of the best OTs in the NFL.

Do t get me wrong, if there’s an opportunity to upgrade LT to a better player, I’m all for it…but Orlando has been really good the last month and a half with the exception to that statement being the Cincinnati game where Thuney was out and he lost the edge on TH more than I’d like to see.

I’m sure he will get a chance to redeem himself for that game and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to have a great game in their next matchup.
Then u need to go back and rewatch the Bengals game.
[Reply]
O.city 02:56 PM 12-27-2022
Listening to Kissel and Taylor taking about this on their recent pod…..

I think they still end up signing Brown Jr to a long term deal. They talked about the chiefs liking his durability and playing thru injury this year. Plus if you wanna go elsewhere, you’re gonna have to give up a lot in terms of picks and salary.

Does giving up 2 1s and paying trent Williams money to Tunsil make you able to build a defense in the next couple years? Probably not

They may not end up paying obj depending on the contest but if he plays well in the playoffs, they’ll keep him imo
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

I think they still end up signing Brown Jr to a long term deal. They talked about the chiefs liking his durability and playing thru injury this year. Plus if you wanna go elsewhere, you’re gonna have to give up a lot in terms of picks and salary.

Does giving up 2 1s and paying trent Williams money to Tunsil make you able to build a defense in the next couple years? Probably not

They may not end up paying obj depending on the contest but if he plays well in the playoffs, they’ll keep him imo
Nate gets more wrong than he gets right with roster moves, though.

Sammy Watkins was the only guy I remember him saying "the team loves this guy and are going to try hard to bring him back" and being right. And Watkins took a substantial haircut to make that happen.

I just can't overlook how often he's getting help; it demonstrates clearly that the staff KNOWS he isn't an island player or legit difference maker. I just cannot bring myself to believe the team values him to the extent necessary to retain him.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:02 PM 12-27-2022

So you think KC ends up offering even more than they did last time?

Or Brown takes less than what he already rejected?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 12-27-2022

Just wrapped up that interview. Interesting that he hurt his knee pretty badly in Indy.

It was hilarious that he pretty much acknowledged that there are basically zero options to replace Orlando Brown Jr
[Reply]
poolboy 03:08 PM 12-27-2022
I have finally come around to being good either way on this
Veach may have something up his sleeve but he will know best
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nate gets more wrong than he gets right with roster moves, though.

Sammy Watkins was the only guy I remember him saying "the team loves this guy and are going to try hard to bring him back" and being right. And Watkins took a substantial haircut to make that happen.

I just can't overlook how often he's getting help; it demonstrates clearly that the staff KNOWS he isn't an island player or legit difference maker. I just cannot bring myself to believe the team values him to the extent necessary to retain him.
Just their thought process though lines up with what we’ve talked about.

The options to replace him are just pretty damn tough if you want to improve elsewhere this off-season
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:19 PM 12-27-2022
Just their thought process though lines up with what we’ve talked about.

The options to replace him are just pretty damn tough if you want to improve elsewhere this off-season
I'd rather give a 2 for Nijman.

Or hell, find an equally mediocre LT or even a slightly worse one who fits this offense better.

He's just a bad fit here. We're paying for a guy who, by virtue of the offense we run, comes equipped with a .8 multiplier for any performance level he has here.

He's just a bad fit in this offense and I think we can find a worse player who's a better fit who thus provides the same performance here at a significantly reduced cost.

And man, he's just so damn inconsistent to boot.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:30 PM 12-27-2022
I don’t think anyone here wouldn’t prefer to upgrade at LT.

Here’s the thing…

If you decide to upgrade from him, you can’t even tag him and trade him because the cap space would be needed to improve the defense or in a trade.

Now. Who is protecting Mahomes blind side in week 1 of 2023? Is that a pass blocking upgrade to what Brown offers?

Maybe you trade for Tunsil…but that’s a very expensive option that I have a difficult time projecting how that is a net gain over the equal cap but losing a 1 and 2 or maybe 2 1s. I can’t see that as viable unless we could tag n trade Orlando for something to throw in on the trade…that’s risky.

If you strike out on a trade, you back yourself into a corner for the draft and everyone in the room knows you need a LT in a draft where there are realistically only 2-3 guys that are a legit upgrade to Orlando. If that.

Or

You overpay to keep the known quantity who has had the following pass rush grades after the bye:

[Reply]
O.city 03:31 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd rather give a 2 for Nijman.

Or hell, find an equally mediocre LT or even a slightly worse one who fits this offense better.

He's just a bad fit here. We're paying for a guy who, by virtue of the offense we run, comes equipped with a .8 multiplier for any performance level he has here.

He's just a bad fit in this offense and I think we can find a worse player who's a better fit who thus provides the same performance here at a significantly reduced cost.

And man, he's just so damn inconsistent to boot.
It’s hard for me seeing them going for an unknown to play LT when your qb is coming into his prime.

It’s not an ideal situation
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:02 PM 12-27-2022
It’s hard for me seeing them going for an unknown to play LT when your qb is coming into his prime.

Nor is paying $20+ million/season for a guy that doesn't fit your offense and needs significant help to even perform at a credible level.

And at least the former option leaves you a chance to continue trying to find a more palatable plan B long-term.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:05 PM 12-27-2022
All I'm reasonably certain of, is that Veach has something up his sleeve here... and it isn't OBJ
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:11 PM 12-27-2022

Nijman isn't really an unknown, though. He's got just as much film out there playing LT the past 2 years as Brown did when we traded for him, and he's been outstanding. Now he's playing RT and doing a damn good job there too, showing off his versatility.

It's all going to depend on if the Packers put a 1st or 2nd round tender on him. Obviously, you're not giving up a first rounder for the guy, but if they only slap him with the second, I'd be extremely tempted to make that happen if I were Veach. I bet you can get him for $7-10 million per year less than Brown. You can use that savings to sign an extra role player to make up for the second rounder you traded.

Then sit back and watch the profits and Super Bowl trophies roll in! :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:18 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) The quality of the competition is why. He's been playing against scrubs. With the exception of Hendrickson who wrecked him.

Chargers- Bosa was injured. Mack worked on Wylie.
Rams- Who the fuck do they even have? Floyd?
Bengals- :-):-):-):-):-)
Broncos- Traded away Chubb and Gregory was inactive.
Texans- Surprisingly didn't have a dominant performance against the only other team that has a semblance of talent at EDGE.
Seahawks- :-) Held up well against the dilapidated corpse of Irvin and Darrell Taylor. Yay.
This all day long, I sincerely hope they don't give this guy a big payday.
[Reply]
O.city 04:28 PM 12-27-2022
Andy is so high on continuity up front as well. I just think he ends up here on a long term deal
[Reply]
Page 301 of 343
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Up