ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 301 of 313
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
oldman 12:58 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
I’m torn on this one. I could see keeping 4 RBs and no FB. Use a TE to be the fullback. Idk.
I'm sort of with you here. We'll have plenty of #4 RBs on the PS we can call up in case of injuries. I'm thinking more of what Andy could do with 4 TEs in a 3rd or 4th and short. Put 2 on the line and have Kelce in motion and the other TE in the backfield. Is it a running play or a passing play? I don't know how many non-ST snaps Sherman had last year, but he was 1/2 receiving and had 3 rushes for 8.
[Reply]
Phoneix 01:00 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
How many years has Fountain had to produce more than just 2 measly career receptions?
So his rookie season he played in one game and 3 snaps on offense. In a team that had TY Hilton, Ryan Grant, Zach Paschal and Chester Rodgers as the top 4 WO’s on a team that lost to the Chiefs in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Fountain wasn’t elevated to the 53 Man roster until early December.

2nd year broken ankle - Season lost.

3rd year - 15 snaps game 2, 19 snaps game 3 (2 receptions), 15 snaps game 4, 5 snaps game 5, waived.

Doesn’t really sound like he had much of an opportunity to really get going. Playing in a total of 8 or 9 games over the course of three seasons. Seems like a fair comparison. ��
[Reply]
JakeF 01:17 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
He has 12 in 5 years here.
He should be more by now. He is still a backup blocker/special teams guy after 5 years. Its just time to move on to a guy with more potential. If we wouldn't have kept Dieter around it might not have been such an issue. Dump Dieter and use his spot to search young guys for a diamond in the rough. If we had done that i don't think people would be worrying about Robinson anymore. He didn't, so people around looking around at all the random WRs on our roster that aren't becoming "more" and want to move on.

Imo we should keep Hill,Pringle,Kemp then use the rest of our WR spots to search for talent. Robinson seems like a decent enough guy, but we need a legit #2 talent guy and Robinson isn't it.

Why having Dieter on the roster pissed me off so much, we need to continue to rotate guys through looking for that surprise stud that other teams find occasionally.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:19 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm sort of with you here. We'll have plenty of #4 RBs on the PS we can call up in case of injuries. I'm thinking more of what Andy could do with 4 TEs in a 3rd or 4th and short. Put 2 on the line and have Kelce in motion and the other TE in the backfield. Is it a running play or a passing play? I don't know how many non-ST snaps Sherman had last year, but he was 1/2 receiving and had 3 rushes for 8.
I just don't see Andy going without a FB.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:25 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I just don't see Andy going without a FB.
Why? Sherman rarely did anything his last 2 year here. Unless our offense changes, Burton won't do much but play special teams. We generally use single back sets with multiple WRs/TEs.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:29 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Why? Sherman rarely did anything his last 2 year here. Unless our offense changes, Burton won't do much but play special teams. We generally use single back sets with multiple WRs/TEs.
Because Sherman faded as an offensive threat.

Burton brings some wiggle Sherman definitely didn’t have last year.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:30 PM 08-29-2021
I was all about dropping Burton and keeping 4 TEs. I don’t see it happening though anymore.

So many damn good players. Really tough decisions to make here.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:31 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Because Sherman faded as an offensive threat.

Burton brings some wiggle Sherman definitely didn’t have last year.
Then why didn't Andy cut Sherman and move on?

Hopefully Burton brings something extra.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:33 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I was all about dropping Burton and keeping 4 TEs. I don’t see it happening though anymore.

So many damn good players. Really tough decisions to make here.
I absolutely want to drop Burton.

Teach Darrel Williams the FB plays and keep Derrick Gore.

I think Fortson is better than Noah Gray too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:47 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Phoneix:
So his rookie season he played in one game and 3 snaps on offense. In a team that had TY Hilton, Ryan Grant, Zach Paschal and Chester Rodgers as the top 4 WO’s on a team that lost to the Chiefs in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. Fountain wasn’t elevated to the 53 Man roster until early December.

2nd year broken ankle - Season lost.

3rd year - 15 snaps game 2, 19 snaps game 3 (2 receptions), 15 snaps game 4, 5 snaps game 5, waived.

Doesn’t really sound like he had much of an opportunity to really get going. Playing in a total of 8 or 9 games over the course of three seasons. Seems like a fair comparison. ��
Why did the team not want him around or getting that many snaps?

Conversely, Robinson basically didn't play at all his rookie year. In 2017 he got 21 receptions. And while he hasn't exploded that number all that much (last year was his highest reception total with 45) he's demonstrated that he could reasonably be a team's WR4, and nobody would say, "Ooof... we're bad at WR!"

Fountain has had opportunity. And yes, I know there's such a thing as improvement and player development, and I'm not saying he can't be better than he has been, but the bottom line is the Colts thought he was trash.

Maybe they were wrong. Teams have been wrong before, and other teams have capitalized on their error in judgment. All I'm saying is that's where we are now.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:52 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why did the team not want him around or getting that many snaps?

Conversely, Robinson basically didn't play at all his rookie year. In 2017 he got 21 receptions. And while he hasn't exploded that number all that much (last year was his highest reception total with 45) he's demonstrated that he could reasonably be a team's WR4, and nobody would say, "Ooof... we're bad at WR!"

Fountain has had opportunity. And yes, I know there's such a thing as improvement and player development, and I'm not saying he can't be better than he has been, but the bottom line is the Colts thought he was trash.

Maybe they were wrong. Teams have been wrong before, and other teams have capitalized on their error in judgment. All I'm saying is that's where we are now.
The Ravens thought priest Holmes was trash too.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:54 PM 08-29-2021
One of the pundits was saying Burton could do Blake Bell's job. I like it.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:58 PM 08-29-2021
I only attended practice once during training camp, but Burton was the best blocker of all RBs and TEs in the blitz pickup drill.

Just FYI
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Honey Badger will be more than this

He's gone...

You can't realistically pay a safety that is getting ready to be 30 and have 10 years in the league with his injury history that kinda contract.

It would be short sighted and it would probably cost us Tyreek.

Everyone needs to get comfortable with that defense being very different after this year.

Mathieu, Clark and Hitchens are likely all done.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:02 PM 08-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's gone...

You can't realistically pay a safety that is getting ready to be 30 and have 10 years in the league with his injury history that kinda contract.

It would be short sighted and it would probably cost us Tyreek.

Everyone needs to get comfortable with that defense being very different after this year.

Mathieu, Clark and Hitchens are likely all done.
We’ll definitely miss Mathieu at first, he’s our swaggiest player… but I have ultimate faith in Veach to quickly fill those shoes with a quality safety
[Reply]
Page 301 of 313
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Up