ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 301 of 324
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:49 PM 12-13-2023
I don't care about whether Brown fits a classic #1 receiver designation. I care about whether he adds an element to the offense that it needs.

What it needs most is a legit field-stretching threat who can track the ball, make the correct route adjustments, and catch the ball when it's thrown to him. He's got the quick stop-start Reid loves and is a good fit in the offense. He'd be a nice complement to Rice and a significant upgrade at the Z spot.

Mooney is a lesser version of that. Fast, can run the Z stuff, has had success in this offense and should be a relatively quick study.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:54 PM 12-13-2023
Follow-up:

Feel pretty strongly if Mooney is the main FA add, they’re either spending a significant draft slot on another one or making a trade to pair with him.

He’s a nice complementary piece, but not a solution by himself.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:58 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
I have a hard time seeing Veach and Andy putting Mahomes in the same situation next year as they did this year with underperforming WRs. It's obviously taking a toll on him.

Like I said, I really, REALLY, hope you're right on this one.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:03 PM 12-13-2023
Just stop with the RT bullshit. That money was being spent on OBJ or Taylor. So again you think we should have rolled with Niang, a rookie and Wylie and the best 2 start?

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
And you are leaving Donovan Smith out of your nonsensical response... because?

Because it doesn't fit your dumbshit narrative?

Donovan Smith at LT and Wylie at RT... $11 million combined/year.
If KC could have known with high certainty that they would be able to sign Smith to a team friendly deal and that he would play well..., they wouldn't have had to been so desperate to sign Taylor.

But they didn't know that for sure.

Even if they had some type of verbal agreement, until he actually signs you don't know. And then until camp/preseason you never know for sure anyway what you are getting.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:17 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Like I said, I really, REALLY, hope you're right on this one.
IMO Varch has done a pretty good job at addressing position groups with the money he has available. I still believe in him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:18 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Follow-up:

Feel pretty strongly if Mooney is the main FA add, they’re either spending a significant draft slot on another one or making a trade to pair with him.

This is my assumption as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
IMO Varch has done a pretty good job at addressing position groups with the money he has available. I still believe in him.

I would agree with that. I just would also believe that Andy will keep Skyy around for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 PM 12-13-2023
I don't care about whether Brown fits a classic #1 receiver designation. I care about whether he adds an element to the offense that it needs.

What it needs most is a legit field-stretching threat who can track the ball, make the correct route adjustments, and catch the ball when it's thrown to him. He's got the quick stop-start Reid loves and is a good fit in the offense. He'd be a nice complement to Rice and a significant upgrade at the Z spot.

Mooney is a lesser version of that. Fast, can run the Z stuff, has had success in this offense and should be a relatively quick study.
I don’t know man. I just don’t see it. We’ve had our share of inconsistent deep threats and I honestly don’t know that mahomes is a consistent deep shot qb. I lean way more a Calvin ridley or Michael Pittman type. Rashee feels at his best with a lot of the short catch and run stuff. But I just want a big target who always knows where to be and can catch a ball even if it’s in a different area code. What we’ve been missing this season isn’t the occasional explosive play, it’s an intermediate field target eater
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:19 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t know man. I just don’t see it. We’ve had our share of inconsistent deep threats and I honestly don’t know that mahomes is a consistent deep shot qb. I lean way more a Calvin ridley or Michael Pittman type. Rashee feels at his best with a lot of the short catch and run stuff. But I just want a big target who always knows where to be and can catch a ball even if it’s in a different area code. What we’ve been missing this season isn’t the occasional explosive play, it’s an intermediate field target eater
I can't see KC dipping big for Ridley given his age.

Pittman, sure.

Considering the Chiefs' inefficiency on throws of 20+, they definitely are missing the occasional explosive play, and teams have stepped away from the 2 deep safety looks as a result.

They need a deep threat and a 3-levels winner. Even if Brown is not a 3-levels winner (and he has exhibited that ability at times), he's a rather nice upgrade at the Z spot.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:28 PM 12-13-2023
And you are leaving Donovan Smith out of your nonsensical response... because?

Because it doesn't fit your dumbshit narrative?

Donovan Smith at LT and Wylie at RT... $11 million combined/year.
Dude, you know exactly how this played out so why are you being obtuse...

We were going to sign either OBJ or Taylor, period. OBJ would have continued at LT if we signed him. Instead he didn't like our number and we moved on to Taylor, who would play LT, if we found no other option in free agency, and probably resign Wylie for our RT. Veach got Donovan Smith which allowed Taylor to continue playing RT, which is more or less just as important as LT in today's NFL with speed elite edge rushers going to the weakest link. Having Taylor and Smith, is actually cheaper than if we had kept Wylie with Taylor, or had signed OBJ instead of Taylor. They were signing one of them, period.

Can you imagine if we started the season with Smith and Wylie. :-), this place would have gone mad.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:52 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Dude, you know exactly how this played out so why are you being obtuse...

We were going to sign either OBJ or Taylor, period. OBJ would have continued at LT if we signed him. Instead he didn't like our number and we moved on to Taylor, who would play LT, if we found no other option in free agency, and probably resign Wylie for our RT. Veach got Donovan Smith which allowed Taylor to continue playing RT, which is more or less just as important as LT in today's NFL with speed elite edge rushers going to the weakest link. Having Taylor and Smith, is actually cheaper than if we had kept Wylie with Taylor, or had signed OBJ instead of Taylor. They were signing one of them, period.

Can you imagine if we started the season with Smith and Wylie. :-), this place would have gone mad.
Holy shit, this is almost as Reerunned as your “Skyy Moore is improving because he is a good blocker” take. :-)

Paying $20 million/year for a RT who is on pace to set the all time single season penalty record for an individual player… at the expense of investing in actual NFL-caliber WR’s… was a failed decision.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:24 PM 12-13-2023
Holy shit, this is almost as Reerunned as your “Skyy Moore is improving because he is a good blocker” take. :-)

Paying $20 million/year for a RT who is on pace to set the all time single season penalty record for an individual player… at the expense of investing in actual NFL-caliber WR’s… was a failed decision.
Saying Wylie and Niang were not viable at RT, so we HAD to sign a free agent, but then saying we won a SB with the receivers, so they didn't need to be upgraded, is hypocritical bullshit. We obviously won the FN Super Bowl with Wylie and Niang as well.

I understand why people don't want to criticize Veach. He was the Champion for Mahomes being drafted, and is currently responsible for 2 SB rings. And it's the same thing for Reid. I get why people don't want to be critical of their performance.

But, Veach miscalculated when he didn't add a high level veteran to replace JuJu, he doubled down at the trade deadline, and we have looked like a poorly coached team all season. Drops, fumbles, penalties, special teams, etc. are still an issue for this team in week 14.

Taylor is not good. Smith is not good. They aren't bad, they are just not good.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:54 AM 12-14-2023
Follow-up:

Yup, if Mooney is our FA add then maybe we go RD 1 WR.

If somehow M. Evans is the FA addition, we prob wait until RD 2-3 to draft a WR.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 12-14-2023
I can't see KC dipping big for Ridley given his age.

Pittman, sure.

Considering the Chiefs' inefficiency on throws of 20+, they definitely are missing the occasional explosive play, and teams have stepped away from the 2 deep safety looks as a result.

They need a deep threat and a 3-levels winner. Even if Brown is not a 3-levels winner (and he has exhibited that ability at times), he's a rather nice upgrade at the Z spot.
We need a legit badass at WR. Enough with the "deep threat here, middle here, this there".

Go get a guy that can do it all, fill around it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:10 AM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
We need a legit badass at WR. Enough with the "deep threat here, middle here, this there".

Go get a guy that can do it all, fill around it.
Yep.

Everyone thinks the only way to play offense is to have burners all over the field, deep ball deep ball deep ball. Mooney and Moore go BBBBRRRRRRR FAST, we need them.

AJ Brown runs a 4.5 40. Would anyone be upset to have AJ Brown on this roster?

I don't care how they do it, but get a legit WR1 to pair with Rice and the last year or two of Kelce and this offense will SING
[Reply]
Page 301 of 324
« First < 201251291297298299300301 302303304305311 > Last »
Up