ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 324
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:27 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
I don't know. I think Veach's style is go all out on the biggest need and be aggressive in getting it fixed with a top talent.

Example would be we needed a DE...Veach goes and get the best he could in Frank Clark with high draft capital.

Needed tackle upgrade after Bucs killed Mahomes...Veach goes and gets OBJ jr. but that was after he went all out for Trent Williams, the best tackle in the NFL, and almost got him! THEN when OBJ jr came up for contract Veach went after Tunsil!

YES I do think Veach's approach for most positions is to get cheap vets and draft BUT if he has a big need like pass rush or OT has been the last couple of years he goes all out and is very aggressive. I see WR being this off seasons OT!

And YES I 100% believe he would give up draft pick/s and pay $20M for a top WR after what the team is going through this season. Thats still cheaper than what Hill would have been costing.

Problem with this idea is that the 2024 draft is supposed to be loaded with top prospects, and we don't have a ton of picks to trade away. Which is why I think Veach won't trade any top picks this time around, unless some kind of ridiculous unicorn deal falls in his lap.

But I do believe he'll try to load up on offensive skill players, hopefully a couple WRs and a TE before going after anymore defensive players.

But to be honest, I haven't correctly predicted what Veach will do in the draft or in FA for some time now, so your guess could be a as good as mine.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:00 PM 12-13-2023
I’ve missed a lot of what has come over the past week. Absolutely insane week for work and personal. Nice distraction from the recent Chiefs letdown.

But diving back in… if KC is going to make another WR splash in FA, I think it’s going to follow Veach’s traditional model of targeting young players entering their second contract. I suspect that would put Marquise Brown pretty high on KC’s list should the Cardinals not re-sign or franchise tag him. Michael Pittman, Higgins, obviously would fit. I think Mooney would be a smaller target and would have to be paired with spending a significant draft resource on a receiving weapon.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:32 PM 12-13-2023
I don't have anything against Mooney, he's just not the talent I think we're looking for. On a lighter contract, sure. Pittman or Ridley would be really nice. Hollywood would be quality get but is he a #1, prob not. Maybe there's a #1 WR type available for trade we're not considering, Metcalf would look great in red. Hell, maybe Hopkins is available in a trade. Lots of good WRs in the draft too, depends if you can pay for a #1 vet or have to develop a guy bc you spent all the cap space on D. Going to be a fun offseason!
[Reply]
philfree 06:35 PM 12-13-2023
I don't think Veach will trade a high draft pick for a WR that's going to need a new contract. I think he will address it though. FA and a draft pick is probably the route he will go. I won't be surprised if we draft another WR in the second round. Skyy will be given at least one more training camp to get it. He reminds me of the guy in Dr Death (if you've seen that show) screwing up the same play over and over.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:40 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I don't have anything against Mooney, he's just not the talent I think we're looking for. On a lighter contract, sure. Pittman or Ridley would be really nice. Hollywood would be quality get but is he a #1, prob not. Maybe there's a #1 WR type available for trade we're not considering, Metcalf would look great in red. Hell, maybe Hopkins is available in a trade. Lots of good WRs in the draft too, depends if you can pay for a #1 vet or have to develop a guy bc you spent all the cap space on D. Going to be a fun offseason!

I could get behind either Pittman or Ridley. Hollywood isn't ideal, imo. Great athlete, but not the best football player, imo.

I would love to get DHop, but since Levis is now likely TEN's new QB1 going forward, and he has a strong chemistry with Hopkins, i doubt he's going to be available.

Is there a list of potential FA WRs out there somewhere?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:42 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
I don't think Veach will trade a high draft pick for a WR that's going to need a new contract. I think he will address it though. FA and a draft pick is probably the route he will go. I won't be surprised if we draft another WR in the second round. Skyy will be given at least one more training camp to get it. He reminds me of the guy in Dr Death (if you've seen that show) screwing up the same play over and over.

Skyy will be a Chief for at least another two seasons. Probably three.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:45 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
God help us.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
God help us.

Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but I don't see a way around it, given Andy's stubbornness about trying to fix players, plus the fact that Skyy won't have any trade value at all for the duration, most likely. unless BAL suddenly has a dire need for an elite run-blocking WR.

Ditto Toney, probably. But at least Toney has potential. Fix his head, and he could develop into a decent NFL WR.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:00 PM 12-13-2023
I could get behind either Pittman or Ridley. Hollywood isn't ideal, imo. Great athlete, but not the best football player, imo.

I would love to get DHop, but since Levis is now likely TEN's new QB1 going forward, and he has a strong chemistry with Hopkins, i doubt he's going to be available.

Hollywood doesn’t seem like he solves the issues we have. Focus and consistency. I feel like if we wanted him we would’ve traded for him
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:05 PM 12-13-2023

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...ide-receiver//
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:09 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Hollywood doesn’t seem like he solves the issues we have. Focus and consistency. I feel like if we wanted him we would’ve traded for him

I'm a Sooner fan, so I'll always root for Brown. But he's way undersized for a 1 or a 2, not the best route-runner, kind of average hands, and will not go and battle for contested balls. He also shies from contact, so unless he's wide open over the middle, he probably will alligator arm most passes between the numbers.

He would probably be a better version of Hardman though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:12 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-age...ide-receiver//

Damn. Lotta chaff in there.
[Reply]
philfree 07:27 PM 12-13-2023
I see one more year and if he doesn't improve he'll be gone. I could also see him being cut and placed on the PS in 2024 if he doesn't get it figured out. Would he clear waivers? At this point I think he might.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:34 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
I see one more year and if he doesn't improve he'll be gone. I could also see him being cut and placed on the PS in 2024 if he doesn't get it figured out. Would he clear waivers? At this point I think he might.

I'm just saying, Andy loves reclamation projects, and he can be ridiculously stubborn about it. So long as Skyy doesn't become a lockerroom issue, or do something really stupid off the field and lie about it to Andy's face, he'll be a Chief for the duration of his rookie contract.

edit: I hope you're right, and that I'm totally wrong, though.
[Reply]
philfree 07:43 PM 12-13-2023
I'm just saying, Andy loves reclamation projects, and he can be ridiculously stubborn about it. So long as Skyy doesn't become a lockerroom issue, or do something really stupid off the field and lie about it to Andy's face, he'll be a Chief for the duration of his rookie contract.

edit: I hope you're right, and that I'm totally wrong, though.
I have a hard time seeing Veach and Andy putting Mahomes in the same situation next year as they did this year with underperforming WRs. It's obviously taking a toll on him.
[Reply]
Page 300 of 324
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Up