View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 300 of 343
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:03 AM 12-26-2022
I saw these elite grades week in and week out lately (with the Cincy game as the outlier) and I’ve gone back and rewatched the last 3 games just focusing on Orlando’s play and the guy is getting it done. He’s dominating opponents out there damn near every snap.

4 hurries total in the last 3 games since the Cincy game.

If he’s able to show the ability to play at this level in the playoffs, he’s going to definitely reset the OL market.

On the flip side, if speed guys in the playoffs put him on skates again, Veach will need to look at his options at the position a lot closer.
Attached: A8B529E5-E415-44B9-A053-46C0DCA980C4.jpg (47.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:24 AM 12-26-2022
OBJ could finish the season as the highest ranking OT of all time and I still wouldn't pay him or ANY OT an insane amount of money when Mahomes is my QB.

Mahomes has great pocket awareness and makes too much magic happen when his blocking breaks down... that money can be spent elsewhere, like the defense.

That said, in Burt Veeech I trust.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:28 AM 12-26-2022
:-) I don't know why BossChief feels the need to coat the same pig with different shades of lipstick but it's actually humorous at this point. Not so coincidentally the only team that actually has a semblance of talent at pass rusher got 3 pressures off him.
[Reply]
notorious 11:32 AM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) I don't know why BossChief feels the need to coat the same pig with different shades of lipstick but it's actually humorous at this point. Not so coincidentally the only team that actually has a semblance of talent at pass rusher got 3 pressures off him.
We all have our hills to die on.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:42 AM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Then who is protecting the half billion dollar man’s blindside?

I’d like to upgrade the position, too…but the more likely scenario is that Veach resets the market with an extension for Orlando, unless a trade for a top tier guy like Tunsil is possible.

Sucks missing out on Silverback and then the opportunity to draft Darrisaw.

Either option would have this offense playing at a historic level.
Dear god that would be a mistake. Pay some rando 500% less for 95% of production at pass blocking.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:43 AM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they were gonna break him off financially they’d have done it last year
It makes no difference. There is absolutely no reason to continue paying him beyond this year. Anything you gave up for him is a sunk cost and literally does not matter.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:46 AM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
OBJ could finish the season as the highest ranking OT of all time and I still wouldn't pay him or ANY OT an insane amount of money when Mahomes is my QB.

Mahomes has great pocket awareness and makes too much magic happen when his blocking breaks down... that money can be spent elsewhere, like the defense.

That said, in Burt Veeech I trust.
This guy gets it. OBJ is less valuable to us than about any other team. If we are going to get a LT, get an athletic one that is a decent pass blocker but cant run block. Take that money and upgrade the team in other ways. OBJ is not a great fit for what we like to do....ESPECIALLY for the money.

This really could be a blessing in disguise.
[Reply]
TEX 03:51 PM 12-26-2022
I saw these elite grades week in and week out lately (with the Cincy game as the outlier) and I’ve gone back and rewatched the last 3 games just focusing on Orlando’s play and the guy is getting it done. He’s dominating opponents out there damn near every snap.

If he’s able to show the ability to play at this level in the playoffs, he’s going to definitely reset the OL market.

On the flip side, if speed guys in the playoffs put him on skates again, Veach will need to look at his options at the position a lot closer.
Haven't you seen enough to know what will happen when it goes up against speed guys?
[Reply]
Pants 04:20 PM 12-26-2022
The Cincy game earlier this month was absolutely damning for OBJ. I do not see how anyone can advocate for him being re-signed for any top market dollar contract. Just doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:25 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
The Cincy game earlier this month was absolutely damning for OBJ. I do not see how anyone can advocate for him being re-signed for any top market dollar contract. Just doesn't make sense.
That was an outlier/S
[Reply]
BossChief 05:42 PM 12-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Haven't you seen enough to know what will happen when it goes up against speed guys?
No. I believe he’s still improving every week, tbh.

He’s never going to be Willie Roaf, but his grades after the bye have progressively improved and the last 6 games he’s been one of the best OTs in the NFL.

Do t get me wrong, if there’s an opportunity to upgrade LT to a better player, I’m all for it…but Orlando has been really good the last month and a half with the exception to that statement being the Cincinnati game where Thuney was out and he lost the edge on TH more than I’d like to see.

I’m sure he will get a chance to redeem himself for that game and I wouldn’t be surprised if he were to have a great game in their next matchup.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:51 PM 12-26-2022

Can you name the elite players he played against in the last 3 games. Seattle, Texans, and Dungver. Who was the best pass rusher for each team? Maybe if we play the dregs of the league every week he’d be worth it. But chances are we won’t be that lucky for 17 weeks.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:34 PM 12-26-2022
OBJ. King of garbage teams. Gets lit the fuck up against good teams with a speed rusher.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:45 PM 12-26-2022
:-) The quality of the competition is why. He's been playing against scrubs. With the exception of Hendrickson who wrecked him.

Chargers- Bosa was injured. Mack worked on Wylie.
Rams- Who the fuck do they even have? Floyd?
Bengals- :-):-):-):-):-)
Broncos- Traded away Chubb and Gregory was inactive.
Texans- Surprisingly didn't have a dominant performance against the only other team that has a semblance of talent at EDGE.
Seahawks- :-) Held up well against the dilapidated corpse of Irvin and Darrell Taylor. Yay.
[Reply]
TEX 03:00 AM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
OBJ. King of garbage teams. Gets lit the **** up against good teams with a speed rusher.
Exactly!
[Reply]
Page 300 of 343
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Up