ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 4909
« First < 200250290296297298299300 3013023033043103504008001300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:54 PM 01-26-2016
As I mentioned in another thread (I believe, may have been this one)... you don't see any "We're 2-5 in the SB" banners hanging around Denver. They've had some horrific losses, but they've never had a defense like this one. That's the key, not Peyton Manning.

In their 5 losses... they've scored 10, 10, 10, 10 and 8 points. Putrid --- while losing by margins of 17, 19, 32, 45 and 35. It's out there, I accept it - hell, can't run from it.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:00 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
Turnovers, special teams, and deep passes will be Carolina's best shot. Without those Carolina won't win.

It doesn't really seem to matter who Denver plays against. Sometimes our offense shows up and sometimes it doesn't.

That's actually your best shot. Denver doesn't have an offense with Manning. Carolina does with Newton.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:05 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by New World Order:
That's actually your best shot. Denver doesn't have an offense with Manning. Carolina does with Newton.
Which is why I expect Carolinas D to score or get them in good position all day to score.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:07 PM 01-26-2016
They need to figure out why the knuckleheads have the drops and fix it. Vernon Davis has been a bust signing, albeit low risk/investment.

I fear Hillman... I don't trust him, he short armed that pass that resulted in the turnover. Wuss saw the defender and just let the pass fall.

Thomas, Sanders, Daniel with a mix of Fowler and Norwood, hell put Davis in the equation and they have a better core of receivers than Carolina. The trick is fixing the drops and maximizing the short routes and creating confusion/mismatches for a good Panther's defense. Just move the chains and open things up for Anderson. Manning can put up good results if they figure out the right game plan and this is where Kubiak and Dennison need to get creative and play it smart.

I trust that Wade will find some wrinkles in that Panther's offense and make some things happen. They won't stop Cam, but if they can pressure him and hit him... that's key. Ware, Miller, Wolfe, Jackson... and then that secondary - they need to lock it down and create a lot of punts and at least two turnovers.

Do that and it's a game worth watching.
[Reply]
ODESSABRONC 06:10 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
As I mentioned in another thread (I believe, may have been this one)... you don't see any "We're 2-5 in the SB" banners hanging around Denver. They've had some horrific losses, but they've never had a defense like this one. That's the key, not Peyton Manning.

In their 5 losses... they've scored 10, 10, 10, 10 and 8 points. Putrid --- while losing by margins of 17, 19, 32, 45 and 35. It's out there, I accept it - hell, can't run from it.
It is what is but I don't care. Because those other Super Bowls have absolutely no bearing on what happens in this one.
[Reply]
ODESSABRONC 06:12 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
They need to figure out why the knuckleheads have the drops and fix it. Vernon Davis has been a bust signing, albeit low risk/investment.

I fear Hillman... I don't trust him, he short armed that pass that resulted in the turnover. Wuss saw the defender and just let the pass fall.

Thomas, Sanders, Daniel with a mix of Fowler and Norwood, hell put Davis in the equation and they have a better core of receivers than Carolina. The trick is fixing the drops and maximizing the short routes and creating confusion/mismatches for a good Panther's defense. Just move the chains and open things up for Anderson. Manning can put up good results if they figure out the right game plan and this is where Kubiak and Dennison need to get creative and play it smart.

I trust that Wade will find some wrinkles in that Panther's offense and make some things happen. They won't stop Cam, but if they can pressure him and hit him... that's key. Ware, Miller, Wolfe, Jackson... and then that secondary - they need to lock it down and create a lot of punts and at least two turnovers.

Do that and it's a game worth watching.
They did in AFCCG.
[Reply]
manchambo 06:14 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by TEX:
Of course. But to be fair, Denver gets blown out of Super Bowls more than "Every Once in Awhile." (4 out of 7 to be exact) Also the smack was about being actual Champions, rather than contenders, and it was brought up by one of your kind. So even though the Donx participation in Super Bowls is indeed TONS better than the Chiefs, the fact remains that for all of it, they only have one more title. Correct?

And having only won the title twice, while having lost it a record 5 times, it could be argued that Denver isn't actually that great a model for playing championship football.
To be exact I said that Denver is relevant in championships and the Chiefs are not. In fact they never have been in the modern NFL.

Saying you would prefer not to have gone to all the Super Bowls Denver has is pure rationalization. If you think it's not fun for your team to go to the Super Bowl, you are just wrong. If you think it's not a sign of how good and competitive the team is, even if they haven't won the championship, you are just crazy.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:18 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by ODESSABRONC:
They did in AFCCG.
Exactly and it was really the first complete game they've played all season. They have to do it again.... otherwise, it could get ugly. They can't have moments like they did vs SD, OAK or KC in the second half of the season.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:18 PM 01-26-2016
I think MHM is the only Denver fan that actually watches their games.
[Reply]
Toby Waller 06:20 PM 01-26-2016
you dont beat New England twice with no offense.

they split with KC which of course you believe has better D-
[Reply]
New World Order 06:22 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by smellypitts:
you dont beat New England twice with no offense.

they split with KC which of course you believe has better D-

With Manning they don't have much of an offense. They're 9th in ypg only ahead of Mccarron, Bridgewater and Hoyer.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:23 PM 01-26-2016
Carolina has the 2nd ranked rushing attack so I wonder how much they will try to run to stabilize the pass rush and set up play action?

Their interior OL are really good too
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:29 PM 01-26-2016
The second best team in the Afc west against the league's best....lol good luck with that
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:33 PM 01-26-2016
There is no chance the NFL will let Manning retire without this Superbowl win...ZERO. They went through great lengths to just put him in this position. Cam has Jordan in his ear...mentoring him on the way the REAL world works. Newton will get his...just not this year.

Enjoy the phony Championship....put your money on Denver.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:40 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Carolina has the 2nd ranked rushing attack so I wonder how much they will try to run to stabilize the pass rush and set up play action?

Their interior OL are really good too
True.

Passing yards per game: CAR 224 (24 rank) / DEN 248 (14 rank)
Rushing yards per game: CAR 142 (2 rank) / DEN 107 (17 rank)
OPP Passing yards per game: CAR 234 (11 rank) / DEN 199 (1 rank)
OPP Rushing yards per game: CAR 88 (4 rank) / DEN 83 (3 rank)

Those are the big comparisons. CAR has a much better turnover differential, so that's obviously a big key for Denver, Peyton can't go full blow jacka$$ mode and the defense has to do their thing.

Panthers took the ball away 39 times, compared to 27 for Denver.
Denver had 39 sacks on defense, Carolina 33. Pretty even.

This game could very well come down to an old school story of two really good defenses, meaning the punters and kickers may carry a big load.

Carolina's #2 rushing attack vs Denver's #3 defense at stopping the run, with Carolina's #24 passing attack vs Denver's #1 pass defense.

It's almost the flipside of the SEA/DEN SB from a statistical point of view. Overall, I don't see this being a blowout... very well could be and Denver has played inconsistently enough to merit the prediction that it will be a blowout.

But, if you like defense ... this just might be the game you want to watch.
[Reply]
Page 300 of 4909
« First < 200250290296297298299300 3013023033043103504008001300 > Last »
Up