ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 333
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:16 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
He's doing something that about 4-5 people in the history of baseball have done, including thousands of players on bad teams, and some of those guys on that list are among the greatest players to ever play the game. If you're so interested in winning you'd think you'd want a guy like that on your team to build around.
I do, but the 105 losses are the record that this team and these players should be remembered for. If he had put up these numbers when it mattered it would be a big deal.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:19 AM 09-30-2023
People happy with the 105 losses because some dude posted some meaningless stats and compiled them after the pressure of competing was gone sure are unhappy with me for pointing out those facts. However, at this point BWJ would get you a kings ransom in a trade to rebuild the farm system.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:11 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Nine years ago tonight, around 1145PM, Salvador Perez launched the greatest playoff run in Royals history with a game winning single to win the Wild Card.

Seems like yesterday.
The greatest game ever. Roller coaster of emotions. I was drenched in sweat just watching lol
[Reply]
Old Dog 09:18 AM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
People happy with the 105 losses because some dude posted some meaningless stats and compiled them after the pressure of competing was gone sure are unhappy with me for pointing out those facts. However, at this point BWJ would get you a kings ransom in a trade to rebuild the farm system.
NObody said that they're happy with 105 L's, but BWJ gives some a reason to tune in anyway...
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:19 AM 09-30-2023
He's doing something that about 4-5 people in the history of baseball have done, including thousands of players on bad teams, and some of those guys on that list are among the greatest players to ever play the game. If you're so interested in winning you'd think you'd want a guy like that on your team to build around.
Bundy has been beating the drum to trade BWJr for some lotto tickets for a while.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:20 AM 09-30-2023
I missed the game yesterday. I was seeing Queens of the Stone Age live, but I can’t undersell the elation I felt when that notification hit my phone. Haven’t been so happy about a player’s individual performance during a season since Greinke won the CY in 2009.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:02 PM 09-30-2023
Bobby CS early in the game. Then got on first leading off the 8th but didn't run. Think he didn't want to run down 3 runs.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:10 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
****ing Michael A. Taylor hit his 21st HR of the season tonight...

...a 468 ft bomb. Jesus Christ lol
Juice?
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:13 PM 09-30-2023
He's actually done something that no one has ever done. 30 HR 10 SB and 49 SB
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:39 PM 09-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The greatest game ever. Roller coaster of emotions. I was drenched in sweat just watching lol
I cried happy tears!!!
/IM A MAN, DAMMIT!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 08:34 AM 10-01-2023
I feel decent actually about the next couple of years but I have big doubt that this team can compete for a division title. The progression Bobby Witt Jr took by his hard work in the offseason is just remarkable. More than anything you are confident moving forward he's just gonna put in the work. He wants to be that guy but other positions are also quite fun to think about too. Its gonna be hard to do much when 1 out of 5 days you have to trot Jordan Lyles out. Probably just need to eat that contract if your goal is to be competitive. You cant have him giving you alot of innings.

I would honestly extend Singer. I think he's just alot better than he showed this year. He had a couple bad starts early and it just kind of snowballed on him. That and you could get him for cheap. You gotta throw the fuckin bag at a couple SPs. We WONT be able to resign Bobby Witt Jr. You need to try to win now and if you determine after next year you wont be able to compete WHILE you have Bobby then you have to do what every Royals fan will foam at the mouth in anger about and thats trade Witt Jr. But you need to try to start winning and spend some fucking money and find out.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:33 AM 10-01-2023
Spend the money on starting pitching. Build around BW Jr. Show him the dedication he deserves.
On a side note, is this Salvys last ride with us today? Looks like he’s at catcher today. No matter what, he’s the best.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:57 AM 10-01-2023
Lineup for Game 162:

[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:42 AM 10-01-2023
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Spend the money on starting pitching. Build around BW Jr. Show him the dedication he deserves.
On a side note, is this Salvys last ride with us today? Looks like he’s at catcher today. No matter what, he’s the best.
BWJ isn't re-signing with the Royals.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:55 PM 10-01-2023

Our hearts are broken with the loss of Tim Wakefield.

Wake embodied true goodness; a devoted husband, father, and teammate, beloved broadcaster, and the ultimate community leader. He gave so much to the game and all of Red Sox Nation.

Our deepest love and thoughts are with… pic.twitter.com/ah5kV2Yt8j

— Red Sox (@RedSox) October 1, 2023

[Reply]
Page 300 of 333
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310 > Last »
Up