ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 300 of 488
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310350400 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:42 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Didn’t mean to downvote.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:45 AM 03-28-2022
Is Will Smith still available?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:46 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Is Will Smith still available?
He's on the Commissioner's Exempt List.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:49 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It would be hilarious if Tyreek comes back after 3 years on a team friendly deal bc he realizes playing for QB’s like Tua really sucks
I wouldnt be upset, but likely he wont be the same player he is now. He would still probably be a top 15 guy even slowed down a little though. But you still have to worry about a guy that size taking shots and hes had a foot problem on and off for the last few years.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 03-28-2022
Andy Reid on Tyreek Hill.

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City Chiefs HC Andy Reid has made his first public comments since the Tyreek Hill trade.

The NFL’s annual owners’ meeting is taking place at The Breakers Resort in Palm Beach, Florida over the next few days. Speaking to reporters ahead of the festivities, Reid was asked about how the team handled the contract situation with Tyreek Hill that ultimately led to his trade from Kansas City.

“You can handle it any way you want to handle it. We handled it the way we did there,” Reid said, via Pro Football Talk’s Charean Williams. “We felt like Tyreek deserved an opportunity. We came in aggressive and then after we got to a point, we just said, ‘Hey, listen, in this day and age, you have issues that you have to deal with with the cap,’ so we felt like it was better to allow him to go ahead and be traded. You can go different routes. You can play hardball with a player and do that, or you can kind of go about the way I did. Or we did.”

There was no love lost between Hill and the Chiefs. No irreconcilable rift. It was simply a matter of doing what was best for both parties. Kansas City felt they’d made a number of aggressive offers to keep Hill, but ultimately came to the conclusion that with salary cap constraints it wasn’t the right move for the team. Instead of trying to play “hardball” and force Hill to play out his contract, the team decided to sell high.

“Listen, the cap never gets far away from your thought process, because you’re always dealing with it,” Reid continued. “So (General Manager) Brett (Veach) has got to sit in there and manage that with his guys and if you want to keep consistency throughout years you’ve got to be able to do that and still stay at a high level. So I love Tyreek Hill. There was no rift between Tyreek Hill and myself. I thought he deserved an opportunity if that’s where he wanted to go. He’s a family man with a few kids, and he’s got to be able to support them now and down the road and this gives him an opportunity to do that. Put him a place where he has a home, and at the same time, it gave us great compensation.”

As for the compensation, Reid believes it’s a big part of why the team will remain competitive. That will allow the Chiefs an opportunity to continue to build around Patrick Mahomes, both with draft capital and the $72.2 million in guaranteed money that they’re not spending on Hill over the next four years.

“Obviously, Patrick’s a big part of that (belief the team can remain competitive),” Reid said. “You want to surround him with good players, but that’s a sticky question, because we did try to sign Tyreek at a certain cost. Once it gets past that, now you can see what we’re doing here with the players we brought in, and we feel they’re very good football players. So we’ll see. I mean the end result is going to be what takes place during the season, but Brett’s building this thing back where we feel comfortable that we can go win on Sundays.”

[Reply]
staylor26 09:02 AM 03-28-2022
It’s what good confident organizations do.
[Reply]
irafreak 09:04 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I wouldnt be upset, but likely he wont be the same player he is now. He would still probably be a top 15 guy even slowed down a little though. But you still have to worry about a guy that size taking shots and hes had a foot problem on and off for the last few years.
I just don't think he'll be very good when he loses that speed. I mean if he just drops off a bit sure but without his quickness, he's not tall enough to contest a lot of passes and he drops too many.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 03-28-2022
Everyone has been talking about Veach trading up in the first round and trying to get as high as he can for a WR but I just don't see it. Could Veach trading up have been a product of his "all in" attitude for the last three years?

Is that now shifting to where Veach could be making small trade ups to get the guys he still wants but letting the draft board fall to him?

I don't think they can afford to blow almost all of the value from Hill's trade just to add a WR to this group. And I don't think Veach thinks that either.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:11 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
I just don't think he'll be very good when he loses that speed. I mean if he just drops off a bit sure but without his quickness, he's not tall enough to contest a lot of passes and he drops too many.
I think he'll be fine. He wont be near the threat, but he isn't just a guy that runs deep. He's still very effective in short routes because of his quickness.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Everyone has been talking about Veach trading up in the first round and trying to get as high as he can for a WR but I just don't see it. Could Veach trading up have been a product of his "all in" attitude for the last three years?

Is that now shifting to where Veach could be making small trade ups to get the guys he still wants but letting the draft board fall to him?

I don't think they can afford to blow almost all of the value from Hill's trade just to add a WR to this group. And I don't think Veach thinks that either.
Totally agree.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:13 AM 03-28-2022
I think if Veach trades up for a receiver it will be around pick 18-20. Try to get ahead of the Packers, Bills and Patriots who clearly need/want one
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:14 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That contract is massive.
Its crazy, especially that last year. Which, they'll either extend and restructure or trade/cut him.

With the money he got, I completely understand not wanting to give him that kind of money. Like, he is a game changer, but we can't have a receiver on the team with a cap hit over 30M currently
[Reply]
old_geezer 09:14 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

My personal opinion is that the only way the Chiefs trade up is for the opportunity to nab an elite edge rusher. Nothing else really seems worth trading up for. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:16 AM 03-28-2022
Originally Posted by old_geezer:
My personal opinion is that the only way the Chiefs trade up is for the opportunity to nab an elite edge rusher. Nothing else really seems worth trading up for. :-)
Yep, this is where I'm at. And I'm not good with him blowing a bunch of draft picks just to go get one guy. This team needs more than just one guy.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:16 AM 03-28-2022
I could absolutely see a trade up, but they won’t give up anything more than a 3rd or a day 2 pick next year.

And yea, it would likely be for an EDGE, not a WR.
[Reply]
Page 300 of 488
« First < 200250290296297298299300 301302303304310350400 > Last »
Up