ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 30 of 114
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 08:06 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Well... If it was a close vote, no panic, but it got destroyed. It's hard to wait another 8 months to a year and hope it makes up 22,000 votes, or move to a Kansas location or another Missouri county.
If i'm Sherman or Hunt and I see that margin, why would I waste my time pouring money into another proposal and campaign just to see it fail again?

This vote makes it very clear that Kansas City does not want the Royals or the Chiefs around.

Won't be surprised if Sherman especially starts talking to other cities very shortly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:07 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Chiefs deliver a dynasty and we tell them to **** off. City is the laughing stock of the league for this.
Cool out then separately on a ballot and have a vote
[Reply]
tk13 08:07 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
There's still 7 years remaining on the lease. The sense of urgency is artificial. There were way too many things in the current proposal without a lick of legal detail. There was no community benefits agreement made, which is what would have given the actual community tangible benefits instead of just future promises with no detailed path to make it work. The teams aren't simply going to throw their hands up and move away. Missouri also just voted to eliminate corporate income tax as well, which is more incentive for them to stay in MO.
I do think there is some urgency because you can't wait until the end of the lease to make a call. I don't think most sports teams wait until the absolute final year of the lease to make a move. The call has to be made in the next year or two just to give enough time to build a new stadium so there's a place to play by the last year of the lease. Even just renovating an existing stadium, the Arrowhead renovations would have started in 2027 and not been done until 2030 or 31.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:08 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Chiefs deliver a dynasty and we tell them to fuck off. City is the laughing stock of the league for this.
:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:09 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
If i'm Sherman or Hunt and I see that margin, why would I waste my time pouring money into another proposal and campaign just to see it fail again?

This vote makes it very clear that Kansas City does not want the Royals or the Chiefs around.

Won't be surprised if Sherman especially starts talking to other cities very shortly.
It also makes it clear that the Chiefs had the pulse of this vote and may be one of the reasons the practice facilities have been neglected. I wouldn't be surprised if they look to move in 7 years and do a deal with Kansas, or another Missouri County and will move their practice facilities and will start building and moving their offices and practice facilities in the next few years.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:09 PM 04-02-2024
If the chiefs don’t have the royals anchor they can get what they want. I said it from the beginning this vote was going to be a reflection of how the county feels about the royals and Sherman’s “plan”

And it was
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:10 PM 04-02-2024
Chiefs don't want to be at the Sports Complex anyways. They are licking their chops at Kansas. Royals listened too many people. Same clowns bitched at East Village then praised it when they moved to the better spot in the Crossroads. Then bitched about the Crossroads when its the right spot for it. North KC will probably jump on them if not Salt Lake City will. They got the ownership group with deep pockets and stadium plan.
[Reply]
doomy3 08:10 PM 04-02-2024
Damn. I sure hope they don’t seriously consider out by Legends.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:11 PM 04-02-2024
Chiefs can go to Kansas and the Royals can go to hell

No more complaining about the industrial park out in the middle of nowhere
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:11 PM 04-02-2024
The Royals downtown might be dead but this thing didn't pass anywhere in Jackson County and likely wouldn't pass in Clay County. My guess is either the city somehow pays for it, or private funding with some help from the state, or a vote in Kansas
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:11 PM 04-02-2024
Propose the same tax but give 100% of the money to the Chiefs

that shit would pass immediately

Royals fucked this up, it is completely on them
[Reply]
Pablo 08:12 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
Propose the same tax but give 100% of the money to the Chiefs

that shit would pass immediately

Royals fucked this up, it is completely on them
The royals put out a shit plan and a shit product for decades. This is an anti royals vote
[Reply]
RunKC 08:12 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
It also makes it clear that the Chiefs had the pulse of this vote and may be one of the reasons the practice facilities have been neglected. I wouldn't be surprised if they look to move in 7 years and do a deal with Kansas, or another Missouri County and will move their practice facilities and will start building and moving their offices and practice facilities in the next few years.
Clark will undoubtedly get in talks with other cities. He’s a business man. I doubt he would go far from hole though (Dallas).

He’ll likely use places like OKC or San Antonio as leverage
[Reply]
doomy3 08:12 PM 04-02-2024
I am honestly shocked at the number of people who don’t want downtown baseball.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:13 PM 04-02-2024
The Royals went YOLO and the Chiefs plans looked like Matt Cassel drew them up

The whole thing has been bizarre
[Reply]
Page 30 of 114
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up