ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 56
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
My god. People are so stupid.

2022 offseason - KC offers him a 'big' deal because 1) it helps with cap flexibility, 2) they hope he improves in his 2nd year in the system, 3) the numbers were inflated and the guarantees were good for KC, which is a big part of why he didn't take it.

2022 season - he doesn't improve to the level Veach and Reid want. He's among the league leaders in pressures given up. Everyone here knew this all year, and the only reason he wasn't run out of town with the same level of hate as guys in yesteryear is because Mahomes makes everything work. If we lost that Jags game, if Mahomes didn't battle through the injury, the NARRATIVE would crush OB. And yet here we are, but the reality

2023 offseason - Chiefs don't want him. Didn't even FT him. If you buy that they wanted him back because Twitter told you so... well, you're an idiot. Veach went hard after an elite athlete who was top 3 in pressures allowed. Meanwhile the "4x Pro Bowler" (:-)) is talking himself up yet again with his big mouth. Even goes on ESPN. Eventually takes a deal from a desperate team and people think it's a good deal because it's less than a number from a year ago, after a ton of things changed (like giving up 7 billion pressures)?

As for the person who asked why he's hated ... I don't hate him, but it's very dumb how much he's talked himself up these past couple years, and the reputation he's somehow built for himself, compared to his actual performance.

Whatever I guess. I'll bet anyone come November he's allowed at LEAST double the pressures/hurries/hits/sacks that Taylor allows. At least. Maybe triple. And not one Bengals fan will be like "but muh run blocking!!1!" - which he's not even THAT good at, let's not get it twisted like he's some Trent Williams run blocker and an average pass blocker.
It is a good deal for Cincinnati and Kansas City. Brown Jr.? Not so much.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 07:40 AM 03-17-2023
Good Riddance to the University of Easy Money Alumni :-)
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:49 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It is a good deal for Cincinnati and Kansas City. Brown Jr.? Not so much.
It's definitely good for them that they didn't grossly overpay. It's still a level of commitment that I think they'll regret, because in a year or 2 of Burrow still getting rocked they'll be in exactly the position we were a week ago - needing to upgrade the position - except they'll still have OB on the books for 2 more years.

Typically teams just move on, but you know, it's the Bengals. They aren't knowing for cutting ties early meaning the cheapass owner has to pay 2 guys.

All in all, it's REAL good for the Chiefs IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:39 AM 03-17-2023
Welp. Doubt they get much bc he’s a broke dick

In the wake of the Orlando Brown signing, #Bengals OT Jonah Williams has requested a trade through his agent Ryan Tollner, sources say. Just 25 years old with 47 career starts at LT protecting Joe Burrow, Williams becomes the top tackle available if Cincy is willing to move on. pic.twitter.com/miTcjVjCtG

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:56 AM 03-17-2023
One of the first comments I saw in the Reddit thread about JW trade request is him giving up 12 sacks. This is exactly what I mean when it comes to rhetoric, narrative, perception.

OB has this perception that he doesn't give up sacks? If we had Burrow or just about any other QB, OB would've led the league in sacks allowed last year.

For the record JW isn't good. I pointed that out when people were whining that the Bengals had a backup LT in the playoffs - it might've even been an upgrade for them, who knows. But that's exactly the point. OB won't be some huge upgrade either. He's gonna give up the same amount of pressures (a lot), I guess we'll see if Burrow finally learns to throw it away rather than eating the sack and making his OL look even worse.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 AM 03-17-2023
Williams thinks he’s gonna get a trade offer to be a starter? Lol.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:14 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
My god. People are so stupid.

2022 offseason - KC offers him a 'big' deal because 1) it helps with cap flexibility, 2) they hope he improves in his 2nd year in the system, 3) the numbers were inflated and the guarantees were good for KC, which is a big part of why he didn't take it.

2022 season - he doesn't improve to the level Veach and Reid want. He's among the league leaders in pressures given up. Everyone here knew this all year, and the only reason he wasn't run out of town with the same level of hate as guys in yesteryear is because Mahomes makes everything work. If we lost that Jags game, if Mahomes didn't battle through the injury, the NARRATIVE would crush OB. And yet here we are, but the reality

2023 offseason - Chiefs don't want him. Didn't even FT him. If you buy that they wanted him back because Twitter told you so... well, you're an idiot. Veach went hard after an elite athlete who was top 3 in pressures allowed. Meanwhile the "4x Pro Bowler" (:-)) is talking himself up yet again with his big mouth. Even goes on ESPN. Eventually takes a deal from a desperate team and people think it's a good deal because it's less than a number from a year ago, after a ton of things changed (like giving up 7 billion pressures)?

As for the person who asked why he's hated ... I don't hate him, but it's very dumb how much he's talked himself up these past couple years, and the reputation he's somehow built for himself, compared to his actual performance.

Whatever I guess. I'll bet anyone come November he's allowed at LEAST double the pressures/hurries/hits/sacks that Taylor allows. At least. Maybe triple. And not one Bengals fan will be like "but muh run blocking!!1!" - which he's not even THAT good at, let's not get it twisted like he's some Trent Williams run blocker and an average pass blocker.
And when it came out that "the league views OBJ as a right tackle", which of course is a polite way of saying "we're not interested in the guy because he can't really pass-block", our OBJ skepticism was largely validated.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:16 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

This is actually really funny.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:22 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
It’s amazing, especially since Bengals fans thought they upgraded the line by being able to move Williams to RT, but instead they’re just going to be pure shit again.

Over/under on OBJ allowing more than the 12 sacks Williams allowed last year? I’m going under hut only slightly, will easily be 10 or 11.
[Reply]
FringeNC 09:37 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Is the guy even tradable? Under contract for one more at almost $13 million and he's nothing special. I guess if he'd do a sign and trade with a team-friendly extension or something, maybe a team would be willing, but why would he do that?
[Reply]
Kman34 12:29 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I won’t play right tackle…. Waaaaaaaaa!!! JFC…
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I won’t play right tackle…. Waaaaaaaaa!!! JFC…
That's funny cause he's more a guard...
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:53 PM 03-17-2023
So has the resident Bengals fan been sufficiently ridiculed yet for saying this would never happen?
[Reply]
jerryaldini 01:00 PM 03-17-2023
Looks like the Bengals have to go tackle early in the draft. Like to see them go into the season with OBJ and a rookie as their tackles.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:00 PM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Looks like the Bengals have to go tackle early in the draft. Like to see them go into the season with OBJ and a rookie as their tackles.
They'll just throw ass Lael Collins back at RT, they paid him so they're likely to use him.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 56
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up