ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 35
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Charles Omenihu
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:43 PM 03-14-2023

Breaking: FA DT Charles Omenihu is signing a two-year, $20M max deal with the #Chiefs, sources tell @theScore.

He's coming off his best season, tallying 16 quarterback hits and 28 initial pressures with #49ers. Omenihu's only 25 years old.

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 15, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 10-23-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Really good point - and post, Deej.
Yeah I've been watching it the last few weeks and wanted to see Omenihu out there just to confirm what I thought I'd been seeing.

And man it was just clear as day. It's why Danna's been so productive as well.

They're doing for the defensive line what Andy so often does for pass-catchers. They're 'scheming guys into space' so to speak.

And that's just damn rare with the DL. Creative blitz packages are one thing (and yeah, we have those as well) but being able to be creative with your front 4 is just not something you see very often and yet here we are.

It's a real fucking nice time to be a Chiefs fan. Makes it hard for me to ever get too upset. This is just a really good football team. Lots of talent, well coached, well prepared and set up nicely for the long-haul.

The record for division titles is 11 and we're presently at 7 (with 8 essentially a foregone conclusion). With the foundation this squad has, can there really be a reasonable challenge over the next 3/4 seasons? Lord knows it's not coming from Denver or Las Vegas. And things are going to get worse for LAC before they get better as Herbert gets more expensive and Allen/Williams age out.

I just don't even see a challenge on the horizon over the coming years. At least not for the division.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:04 AM 01-01-2024
He’s been credited with 6 sacks in 10 games played this season.

Gotta think that projects out to around 10 in a full season.

Really nice signing.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:01 PM 02-26-2024
Oh brother, this guys already unhappy with his contract

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...accdc7d6&ei=16
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:05 PM 02-26-2024
Hey, he puts up similar (or better) stats over next season while not getting suspended or seriously injured again, he'll get the bag he deserves.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 01:10 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Jeez, you got a ring for playing about 1/2 the season and you can't keep your trap shut while lying on the recovery table after surgery. Hard to have a wish list when you can't get on the field.

Burt has chunks of guys like him in his stool.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:11 PM 02-26-2024
I am hoping we can get him on a 3 year cap friendly deal. Wishful thinking maybe.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:14 PM 02-26-2024
Probalby the pain killers talking.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:15 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

That's a bold statement considering he'll miss all of TC and probably part of the regular season recovering from his torn ACL. He has a long road ahead.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:15 PM 02-26-2024
Geez, I thought there was talk of possibly extending him? Can't he keep his mouth shut until he maybe gets a whiff of what they have in mind?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:16 PM 02-26-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Geez, I thought there was talk of possibly extending him? Can't he keep his mouth shut until he maybe gets a whiff of what they have in mind?
He'll be gone after this season.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:18 PM 02-26-2024
Dude missed the start of last season because of PEDs. Now he's hurt and will probably miss the first third of next season. He should be happy to still be on the pay role. Love what he brings, but the reason you're not getting PAID is some of the decisions you have made.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:19 PM 02-26-2024
But also he was paid off of his rookie contract where he didn't do shit until he got traded and even then wasn't a super star. Be better get paid better.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:19 PM 02-26-2024
2 years, $16 million really is dirt cheap for a guy like him, but the Chiefs bought low because they knew he was going to be suspended, and now he's hurt for who knows how long into next season.

Not sure what he could be expecting. Come back next year and ball out again, and some shit team like the Bears will pay you. That's basically your only option.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:24 PM 02-26-2024
See Tyreek Hill and Tyrann Mathieu. Publicly griping where Veach can catch wind of it is the equivalent of talking trash to Pat. It never works out like you hope.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 01:25 PM 02-26-2024
You can take the player out of the Whiners..
[Reply]
Page 30 of 35
« First < 202627282930 31323334 > Last »
Up