ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 333
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 03:57 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Scott Boras is awful for all the players beside the top 1% of guys. He's all about making sure teams can give out mega deals to his top clients and avoid the luxury tax. A salary cap and salary floor would be beneficial for basically 99% of MLB players. I can't believe a salary floor wasn't the number 1 thing that the union would be asking for, since they're representing all the players and not just the guys getting >$100 mil contracts. Somehow Boras and the idiots in the union convinced all the people they represent that a higher luxury tax was more beneficial than a spending floor.

Fuck Boras, the MLBPA and the idiots in sports media.
The owners are completely against a salary floor which is why this shit goes nowhere.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:13 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The owners are completely against a salary floor which is why this shit goes nowhere.
Link?

Because everything I've looked at says the owners proposed one, but wanted tougher penalties for exceeding luxury tax. The union were the ones that didn't want a lower luxury tax.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:16 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I wish it would have shown video of what he was doing in the batters box. The fact that they didn't makes me think he was being a dipshit.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:39 PM 02-25-2023
Royals win again. 2-0 on the way to the Cactus League championship.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:53 PM 02-25-2023
I wish it would have shown video of what he was doing in the batters box. The fact that they didn't makes me think he was being a dipshit.
I bet the video people probably weren't ready either. They've never had to focus on that stuff before either.

Basically the batter has to be set in the box by the 8 sec mark or else it's a automatic strike. He wasn't set apparently and took a third strike without a pitch being thrown.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:04 PM 02-25-2023
Vinnie made a little boy’s day at practice today.

My son also asked where Whit was. I said he was traded and doesn’t play here anymore. He turned and said “guess I need a new shirt with a different player on it.” :-)
Attached: 5A4CF207-F731-4DEF-9904-499088077A86.jpeg (118.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:41 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:

My son also asked where Whit was. I said he was traded and doesn’t play here anymore. He turned and said “guess I need a new shirt with a different player on it.” :-)
you missed a chance to confuse him. "He's gone. We no longer root for Whit, junior. We root for Witt, Jr."

Nice photo though Lew to remind Southern Californians that it's spring somewhere, and to remind us all that Vinnie Pasquantino is just the best.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:01 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I bet the video people probably weren't ready either. They've never had to focus on that stuff before either.

Basically the batter has to be set in the box by the 8 sec mark or else it's a automatic strike. He wasn't set apparently and took a third strike without a pitch being thrown.
Good thing they're getting used to this in ST. Gotta know the rules. 7 seconds is plenty of time to get set.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:02 PM 02-25-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Lew, you snatch that ball right out of his hands?
[Reply]
tk13 09:13 PM 02-25-2023
Good thing they're getting used to this in ST. Gotta know the rules. 7 seconds is plenty of time to get set.
I can see veterans like Machado having to adjust, but it is weird that a lot of these guys in the early days of spring training are all minor leaguers and they have a 14 second pitch clock down there, which is shorter. They actually have more time. So I don't get get some of the complaining that's happening so far. If you've been to a minor league game it's a shorter pitch clock and the game flows fine.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:23 AM 02-26-2023
No shit. He probably tightened his batting gloves 19 times
[Reply]
BWillie 06:24 AM 02-26-2023
Love the pitch clock and the effort to make batters stay in the box. Less time ai have to listen to Rex Hudler talk.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:21 AM 02-26-2023
Lew, you snatch that ball right out of his hands?
Nah man, he was loving meeting them all. We came away with 3 other baseballs that we caught from BP or that a coach gave to him. He was really into it this year.

Also, how can I watch spring training games on a stream?
[Reply]
SPchief 10:14 AM 02-26-2023
If it's a rule, and they're enforcing it, great. Do it all the time and its a non issue to everyone by July at worst
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:55 AM 02-26-2023
so of the 16 position players on the 40 man, is olivares the only one who has big league experience with another club? I think the other 15 are all home grown.

And of the 24 pitchers, I think all but 5 are in the same mold. This has to be some sort of big league record, right?
[Reply]
Page 30 of 333
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up