ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 45
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:45 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This KU football team is likely a 8 win team if not for the injuries. Leipold will build more depth as we move forward so that key injuries won't sting as much. KU's football has a much brighter future than MU at this time.
Their second half schedule was one of the toughest in the country. No shame in losing most of those games. Many expected it, especially with the injuries.

K-State would have been a close game if KU hadn't repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. Tech could have been a W if not for the same. TCU very easily could have been a win even with a bunch of miscues and Daniels exiting before halftime. Baylor was a 5 pt game with a few minutes left.

The only teams that outclassed KU this year were Texas and Oklahoma. Both of which will soon be leaving the conference (and pounding Missouri instead:-)).

Yes, I'd definitely take KU's future over Missouri's.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:47 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Equating dodging a bowl matchup to dodging a job? Even you have to admit that's just a bit of a reach.

Oh, and speaking of that guy...

Holy hell, that's funny. :-) :-)
Is the sign wrong?

I mean, they are being charged with 5 Level 1 violations:

https://www.kcur.org/sports/2022-11-...ions?_amp=true

You guys sure are sensitive about that for some reason . . . . . .
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:50 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not really, that was too easy and I would have aimed higher there as well (although St. John's under Mike Anderson has been miles better than the disgrace that Mizzou basketball has become over the past decade).

Beyond dealing with the road atmosphere itself, KU is going to really get nothing out of a game like this against an outmatched team that defended ball screens worse than any team KU has faced and will face all season. Continually delivering such beatdowns every year serves very little purpose other than maximum embarrassment. That can be an end in itself I guess but it isn't going to help when the games really matter.
Seems pretty simple then: don’t schedule Mizzou in basketball going forward and don’t play them.

But then, likewise, don’t get all pissy when they return the favor in football.

There you go. Problem solved. Everyone wins.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:56 AM 12-11-2022
:-)

Missouri is the best defensive team in the country. pic.twitter.com/hXyqEjn4pc

— We good? (@gifhawk2) December 10, 2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:09 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He sucks. Your own fans admit it. Leipold does not suck. That's the reality of our situations. I understand why you want to continue bringing up the past, but the failures of Beaty and others have nothing to do with what Leipold's building, just like it doesn't help Drinky that Missouri had some pretty good years under Pinkel.

You keep implying that KU will fall back to a 2-3 win team next year. Good luck with that. They return practically everybody that matters, plus some key injured players. The offense will be as good or better and they'll attack the portal to improve the defense. And for the first time in a long while, they actually have something to sell recruits.
Leipold doesn’t suck? Remains to be seen. He’s 8-16 in 2 years at KU winning only 4 conference games. I get why YOU guys would be excited about that (considering the last decade), but that’s not impressive to other programs. He finished this season on a 5 game losing streak (mostly blowouts) and you guys still have to play a solid Arkansas team. So I think it’s fair to say the jury is still out on him. If you guys only win 3 to 5 games next year, you still gonna feel like things are trending up?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:14 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This KU football team is likely a 8 win team if not for the injuries. Leipold will build more depth as we move forward so that key injuries won't sting as much. KU's football has a much brighter future than MU at this time.
Let’s try and string together more than one 5+ win season before we start talking out our ass.

Again, your uber talented coach is on a 5 game (maybe 6?) losing streak to close the season, mostly all blowouts.

Pump the brakes a bit.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:19 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Seems pretty simple then: don’t schedule Mizzou in basketball going forward and don’t play them.

But then, likewise, don’t get all pissy when they return the favor in football.

There you go. Problem solved. Everyone wins.
I’m no ku fan. And yeah, they cheated for sure. But, do you actually approve of your HC doing shit like that? All I see is mu fans lionizing this guy for doing something students would do. It seems like this should be something that is completely beneath a HC.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:22 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I’m no ku fan. And yeah, they cheated for sure. But, do you actually approve of your HC doing shit like that? All I see is mu fans lionizing this guy for doing something students would do. It seems like this should be something that is completely beneath a HC.
And their coach looks like a lesbian gym teacher to boot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:27 AM 12-11-2022
This has officially become the lowest moment in Mizzou history (which is really saying something) when even this guy is dragging them.

MU HC Eli Drinkwitz is such a loser! First, he ducks KU in the Liberty Bowl, now by his own admission, and secondly, he holds a sign about KU's pending Violations, during KU's route of MU. He's a HC at a University and he should not be trolling any school. Show some class!!!

— Chiefs Insider (@ChiefsInsider) December 11, 2022

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:34 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Who cares? :-)

He didn’t make the sign. He went down into the student section to mingle with the fans and held up several different signs that students had made. Students do this kind of crap all the time. At Mizzou games, yes. And believe it or not, students make signs like this at Allen Field House too. Especially when they’re playing against teams they hate. This kind of thing is not exclusive to Mizzou.

Drink is a big rah rah guy that likes to engage the fanbase. He posts on Twitter more than any head football coach I’ve ever seen. He likes to give ‘soundbytes’. Some people don’t like that stuff and it rubs them the wrong way. But in reality, who really cares? People only care based on a coaches win loss record. If Mizzou was winning 8+ games every year, no Mizzou fan would care. And could really care less what other teams fans think of him. But because his teams have struggled to win close games, stuff like this gets brought up.

Now that’s he’s finally got his own team (all his own recruits), no more excuses next year. It’s put up or shut up time. I imagine the administration will give him at least 2 more years, but if he doesn’t start winning more close games next year, he will *officially* be on the hot seat.

Time to put or shut up, Drink . . . . . .
[Reply]
Lzen 09:01 AM 12-11-2022
Nope.

I’m comparing one dodging coach to another.

This is such a dumb argument. I'm not saying MU dodged KU in the bowl game but it did seem kinda strange. Either way, these two things are not the same. KU has very good and real reasons for not playing MU. If you don't understand that then perhaps some KU fans will enlighten you. Since MU football doesn't, nor ever did have championship expectations this comparison is not legitimate
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:28 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This is such a dumb argument. I'm not saying MU dodged KU in the bowl game but it did seem kinda strange. Either way, these two things are not the same. KU has very good and real reasons for not playing MU. If you don't understand that then perhaps some KU fans will enlighten you. Since MU football doesn't, nor ever did have championship expectations this comparison is not legitimate
So then don’t play them? :-)

If Kansas fans have an issue with it, maybe they should bring it up with their administration. They are the ones who schedule the games after all.

So tell me, out of curiosity, what is the benefit to Mizzou football in playing Kansas? What does Mizzou get out of it if they win?
[Reply]
Lzen 09:40 AM 12-11-2022
So, out of curiosity, what is the incentive for Mizzou football to play the worst Power 5 program in the country? How exactly does that help us??

I’ll wait . . . . . . .
In the liberty bowl?

Well let's start with not referring to KU as the worst because that's simply not true. You need to be accurate and not let your MU stupidity or KU hatred, whatever it is, guide your arguments. Worst Power 5 program does not get invited to bowls.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:49 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
In the liberty bowl?

Well let's start with not referring to KU as the worst because that's simply not true. You need to be accurate and not let your MU stupidity or KU hatred, whatever it is, guide your arguments. Worst Power 5 program does not get invited to bowls.
And?

They already have a series scheduled with them starting in 2025.

The fact is they HAVE been the worst Power 5 program in America over the last decade. I can post the link if it’s helpful.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/most-wins-i...-years-mobile/

I get that Kansas fans are excited about their first .500 win season since the Bush administration, but let’s not overlook the fact that they lost 6 of their last 7 games, mostly in blowout fashion. They had a decent first half of the season, but they seem to be trending back downward again.

That’s not KU hate or MU stupidity. Those are just facts. I can’t help it those facts make some people uncomfortable and they don’t like to hear it. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:57 AM 12-11-2022
And?

They already have a series scheduled with them starting in 2025.

The fact is they HAVE been the worst Power 5 program in America over the last decade. I can post the link if it’s helpful.

https://cfbsaturdays.com/most-wins-i...-years-mobile/

I get that Kansas fans are excited about their first .500 win season since the Bush administration, but let’s not overlook the fact that they lost 6 of their last 7 games, mostly in blowout fashion. They had a decent first half of the season, but they seem to be trending back downward again.

That’s not KU hate or MU stupidity. Those are just facts. I can’t help it those facts make some people uncomfortable and they don’t like to hear it. :-)
Ignoring facts seems to be your M.O. when it comes to MU or KU. You include the ones you like, and skip the ones you don't.

Context makes your argument for the current state of KU football null and void.

MU got some patsies to end the year and squeaked into a bowl game. KU qualified early, and even with devastating injuries to key players was still competitive in most games, including against the 3rd ranked team in the nation.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 45
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up