ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 163
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergińo Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:41 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I can see criticizing Spain as boring as part of the whole soccer is boring schtick. But it's odd to single out Tiki-Taka out as specifically or particularly boring, as most people find it the most exciting style since Ginga
I’ve been on the receiving end of an ass kicking like Spain handed CR today. The team we played was just so skilled in the triangle of passes and they would play at a slow pace. Then when the ball made it to a certain point, the strikers made a move and the ball was played perfectly.

The amount of energy you expend chasing eventually just wears you down mentally. Physically also, but mentally it’s humiliating.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:44 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
A lot of flopping Americans in the NBA , but watching Ginobli flopping around back in the day turned me off the NBA for sure.
There is but it's due to the international influence
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:08 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is but it's due to the international influence
Same in soccer. The Latin players think it’s an art, particularly the Brazilians
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:55 PM 11-23-2022
If I ruled FIFA….rules/approach I would change:

1. Whistles stop the clock, and the game is over at 90 minutes. Would stop a lot of flopping and time wasting

2. If a player goes down from a sniper shot and rolls around and needs “magic spray”, etc. whistle blows, clock stops, and player must go to sideline and not allowed back in game for two minutes.

3. Flops can be reviewed post-game, and cards issued.
[Reply]
jd1020 10:05 PM 11-23-2022
Lets not give a reason to insert commercial breaks into the game by stopping the clock.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:28 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

1. Whistles stop the clock, and the game is over at 90 minutes. Would stop a lot of flopping and time wasting

2. If a player goes down from a sniper shot and rolls around and needs “magic spray”, etc. whistle blows, clock stops, and player must go to sideline and not allowed back in game for two minutes.

No
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:17 PM 11-23-2022

They can and occasionally do book players for diving.

Apart from this, someone who takes a heavy tackle is probably entitled a moment to recover. They are running 6 or 8 miles in a match, taking the brunt of those collisions to feet and ankles and shins, it can definitely hurt. Those who get hit hard or in a painful way get to limp off a football field and take some plays off, or rest through an opponent's possession. Basketball players sub out and come back later. Soccer players don't have any of those luxuries.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:58 AM 11-24-2022

No - for how much flopping there is, if you’ve ever played, if you get tacked clean, or worse, poorly, it can hurt. Go up for a header and bang heads together? It hurts… there’s legit reason for some of these flops but of course a ton of these guys have perfected the art so these legit pains go unnoticed.
[Reply]
Womble 06:59 AM 11-24-2022
Easy job for the commentators when the Koreans are defending today..

[Reply]
Monticore 07:32 AM 11-24-2022
This guy should be fined and suspended and has definitely not mastered the art.

[Reply]
Monticore 07:36 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
No - for how much flopping there is, if you’ve ever played, if you get tacked clean, or worse, poorly, it can hurt. Go up for a header and bang heads together? It hurts… there’s legit reason for some of these flops but of course a ton of these guys have perfected the art so these legit pains go unnoticed.
Does it hurt maybe but common hockey players who take a slap shot to the face don’t flop like that , if you are truly injured you don’t flop , ever see a guy break his leg rolling around the ground?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-24-2022, 07:36 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee.
BWillie 07:48 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
This guy should be fined and suspended and has definitely not mastered the art.

Just sickening
[Reply]
kstater 08:47 AM 11-24-2022
How did the ref miss that foul by Uruguay? Almost led to a goal the other way.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:09 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
yep - played 30 years worth of soccer, and had multiple injuries from it.

90% of the "down on the ground writhing in pain" is BS.

I also cant fathom how anyone defends the current timekeeping. So awesome that only ONE person on the planet knows when the game is going to end.

so stupid. but, might as well perpetuate the flopping narrative....the label will continue to stick.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:11 AM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
They can and occasionally do book players for diving.

Apart from this, someone who takes a heavy tackle is probably entitled a moment to recover. They are running 6 or 8 miles in a match, taking the brunt of those collisions to feet and ankles and shins, it can definitely hurt. Those who get hit hard or in a painful way get to limp off a football field and take some plays off, or rest through an opponent's possession. Basketball players sub out and come back later. Soccer players don't have any of those luxuries.
sure. stop the clock!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 163
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up