ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 56
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
For the right price??? Older fans might be back on board with some new content from Lucas.

He's got nothing left to save, even if he had the desire to try:
  1. Harrison Ford is too old for more Indiana Jones.
  2. Disney's all but killed Star Wars, and Lucas got that murder started with the prequels.
  3. Howard the Duck's not going to do it.
  4. Willow is, blessedly, dead and buried.

[Reply]
Frazod 01:29 PM 06-08-2023
Disney started off killing Star Wars, but they've been more hit than miss overall. Sure, VII-IX were absolutely horrible, but Rogue One and Solo were great/good, and the various series have been decent/good/great.

While I'm sure it pains Darth Mickey, he has been forced to give us all better non-woke material of late.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:05 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Disney started off killing Star Wars, but they've been more hit than miss overall. Sure, VII-IX were absolutely horrible, but Rogue One and Solo were great/good, and the various series have been decent/good/great.

While I'm sure it pains Darth Mickey, he has been forced to give us all better non-woke material of late.

Your opinion is your own, and you're welcome to it. I'm sure many here agree with you. But, overall, most people don't agree with your take, and almost all, if not all, the numbers show that.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:38 PM 06-08-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Your opinion is your own, and you're welcome to it. I'm sure many here agree with you. But, overall, most people don't agree with your take, and almost all, if not all, the numbers show that.
Mandalorian kind of stumbled this past season, but overall it's been very entertaining. Andor was fantastic. Book of Boba Fett was great when it wasn't dealing with Boba Fett. And I look forward to whatever they're going to do with Ahsoka.

Kennedy has clearly had her fangs pulled. The new stuff is good.

And I don't really give a fuck what the numbers say. I'm enjoying it now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 AM 06-15-2023
We've got a slew of positive reviews after last night's premiere.

We have climbed to 55% on Rotten Tomatoes.

This is going to be a GREAT movie.

https://movieweb.com/indiana-jones-5...VYSNjCwiqoK5yI

Originally Posted by :
Crystal Skull didn’t look or feel like an Indiana Jones picture, as Janusz Kamiński, who lensed the movie couldn’t recreate cinematographer Douglas Slocombe’s color palette of rich scarlet and butterscotch yellows.

Here, Mangold and cinematographer Phedon Papamichael nail the look. Dial of Destiny more closely resembles the aesthetic of the first three films than Crystal Skull did in terms of color and jet-setting vistas.

If the sets in Crystal Skull looked like sound stages, Dial of Destiny seems to have shot on location in Morocco, Germany, Sicily, and the like. The look and feel gives the movie a higher degree of verisimilitude and lets the audience invest in a deeper level of realism.

#IndianaJones and the Dial of Destiny is phenomenal sendoff to one of the greatest characters in cinematic history. @mang0ld and company find a way to create a satisfying conclusion in one of Indy’s grandest adventures, all while showing love for the franchises roots. pic.twitter.com/GTuXGxmLzy

— Frederick Chambers (@HelmsmanFreddy) June 15, 2023

#IndianaJones gets a proper send off in #DialOfDestiny a fun, entertaining, nostalgic package which both old fans and newcomers will enjoy! Seeing Harrison Ford as Indy again is awesome, but bittersweet. The action is phenomenal, and it really just feels like classic Indy. pic.twitter.com/8Y7enlIwud

— Rayyan (@RayyanTCG) June 15, 2023

Apparently Williams absolutely nailed the score, too.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is old school fun. It’s silly and cooky in the best way. The score is phenomenal. I was drooling for the production design. Phoebe Waller-Bridge, you absolute icon. I damn sure wish my dad was still around to see this. #IndianaJones pic.twitter.com/64YTK1BhpD

— film posers™️ Josie Meléndez ���� (@TheJosieMarie) June 15, 2023

:-)

“you call him dr jones!”
“you’re all grown up” pic.twitter.com/oC6oO1Me7R

— krys solo ❥ dial of destiny: 15 (@CaptainOfSolo) June 15, 2023

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 10:43 AM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by :
We've got a slew of positive reviews after last night's premiere.

We have climbed to 55% on Rotten Tomatoes.

This is going to be a GREAT movie.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:50 AM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
You need to understand Cannes reviews were all garbage. That is impacting the score.

18 of the last 30 reviews are positive. That score is only going to get better.

The audience is going to love it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 06-15-2023

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:22 AM 06-15-2023
Looks like most of the positive reviews are coming from people who weren't yet born when The Last Crusade was released. "Modern audiences" as the Critical Drinker would say.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:25 AM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You need to understand Cannes reviews were all garbage. That is impacting the score.

18 of the last 30 reviews are positive. That score is only going to get better.

The audience is going to love it.

Because of certain realities involving possible repercussions and the like, Mouse House movies tend to get overrated, not underrated, when the reviews don't match the product. But you do you, and time will tell the tale.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:32 AM 06-15-2023
a huge number of leaks are LAUGHABLY INACCURATE

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Review (No Spoilers) https://t.co/9Uke3Nhgs2

Great observations from Dan who I guess doesn’t do Twitter Murrel

— Bill Moon (@signrat4) June 15, 2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:34 AM 06-15-2023
That guy's review is awesome.

"Every part of DoD is EASILY better than Crystal Skull."

"Ford does not deliver the dry, sleepwalking performance of Crystal Skull."

"Banger score."

"Action scenes nail the feel of the originals."

"Unpredictable."

"Doesn't put a stain on his legacy."

"Effective action, humor and emotion."

"Cannes reviews were wrong."
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:44 AM 06-15-2023
Wow, "Better than Crystal Skull" and "Doesn't put a stain on his legacy" are ringing endorsements. Lol

He seems like the type of guy who would enjoy watching a Mary Sue take over for Indy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:45 AM 06-15-2023
Watch the video. It's a solid movie IJ fans are going to love.

You can't re-invent the wheel in a franchise's 5th iteration.

He also confirmed that DOESN'T happen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:34 PM 06-15-2023

Originally Posted by :
A quick note regarding leaks: I’m sure some of them are true. I haven’t read leaks in a while, as I said - I generally avoid them.

The ones I refer to in this video have been circulating for quite a while and were completely untrue. I’m not here challenging anyone who got leaked info that may have been accurate, especially more recent info.

I was just noting that a lot of the early stuff that I’ve seen and heard people claim for several months will be in the movie is absolutely not accurate.

[Reply]
Page 30 of 56
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up