Page 30 of 112
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:32 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Wish Chris Ballard was the GM. Look at how awesome the Colts are.
I wanted Louis Riddick. He could be a good GM.
[Reply]
-King- 07:33 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Amazing how Pennel played only 36% of the snaps in that game, but he somehow had a much bigger impact than Frank Clark who was easily our best defensive lineman in that postseason while Jokes was out/injured.
Played only 36% of snaps but still had the same number of tackles as Clark.

In just 36% of snaps.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:38 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Played only 36% of snaps but still had the same number of tackles as Clark.

In just 36% of snaps.
Yea, because tackles themselves tell you anything.

Who got the TFL? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:40 PM 10-12-2021
We need fresh hungry guys. These guys got theirs almost twice and now just are not that motivated. Combine that with players we let go and poor drafting and this is what we got. Our expensive guys are not trying.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:40 PM 10-12-2021
Lol at apologizing for Frank Clark.

Veach could have signed several DEs for far cheaper that would be way more productive and we still would've won the Super Bowl.

We won the Super Bowl because of the Dorsey 3. Not because of Frank fucking Clark :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 07:42 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
I didn't say that he had no impact. But without Pennel he made our run defense no better.

But yeah I'm sure that it's a pure coincidence that we were a terrible run defending team without Pennel and suddenly became decent when he was signed.
Originally Posted by :
So no I won't give Clark any credit for our run defense . Veach does get credit for signing Pennel though. That was major.
It’s beyond lazy, and flat out stupid, to just assume that Pennel himself was the difference in our run defense. Did he help? Absolutely. But a guy playing less than 40% of the snaps can’t do that singlehandedly, especially against a team like the Titans.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:42 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Veach could have signed several DEs for far cheaper that would be way more productive and we still would've won the Super Bowl.
Didn't Clark have a historical postseason in road to the SB? I like how you think any ol' DE is going to put up those kinds of numbers.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:43 PM 10-12-2021

We won the Super Bowl because of the Dorsey 3. Not because of Frank fucking Clark :-)
Yea any DE could’ve had a legendary postseason that was as good as anybody not named Von Miller or Nick Bosa in the last decade!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:44 PM 10-12-2021

Which DEs are we talking about?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:50 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Which DEs are we talking about?
I'm not going to look over who was available at the time, but based on the fact that there are currently 104 better than Frank, I'm going to guess there were a few.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:51 PM 10-12-2021
I'm not going to look over who was available at the time, but based on the fact that there are currently 104 better than Frank, I'm going to guess there were a few.
What does what Frank Clark is ranked now have to do with that postseason when he had a legendary performance?

Are you fucking retarded?
[Reply]
BossChief 07:52 PM 10-12-2021
It’s beyond lazy, and flat out stupid, to just assume that Pennel himself was the difference in our run defense. Did he help? Absolutely. But a guy playing less than 40% of the snaps can’t do that singlehandedly, especially against a team like the Titans.
Pennel absolutely made a huge change in the run defense effectiveness. It was noticeable and immediate.

This current DL is very talented but lacks any attitude, energy or violence.

It’s probably the most disappointing position group effectiveness I’ve ever seen in KC. On paper this DL should be nasty AF. In person, they are sofT.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:53 PM 10-12-2021
What does what Frank Clark is ranked now have to do with that postseason when he had a legendary performance?

Are you ****ing retarded?
He had a couple clutch sacks. It's not like he was wrecking the play on every town. Plenty of players could've done what he did.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:55 PM 10-12-2021
Oh, cool. So you've been a Chiefs fan for like 3 years and you're just going to make blanket assertions like that and think that should be enough? You're going to claim that Veach had ample opportunity to sign people better than Houston and Ford or trade for people better than Clark but he made the wrong decision? And you feel like you can cogently make that argument without listing a single player and we should just accept it?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:55 PM 10-12-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Pennel absolutely made a huge change in the run defense effectiveness. It was noticeable and immediate.

This current DL is very talented but lacks any attitude, energy or violence.

It’s probably the most disappointing position group effectiveness I’ve ever seen in KC. On paper this DL should be nasty AF. In person, they are sofT.
Nobody is saying that Pennel doesn’t deserve credit. He doesn’t deserve all of it though.

The issue here is somebody saying that Clark deserves no credit whatsoever for stopping Derrick Henry, when anybody that watched him in that game should know that’s bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 112
« First < 202627282930 313233344080 > Last »
Up