ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 42
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Willie Gay booked for Damage to property [but he'll play]
Dante84 12:30 AM 01-20-2022
Booking attached.

Update below:

Willie will play on Sunday

Full quote from Andy Reid on Willie Gay: "I decided he’d play. I’m not going to get into the conversations. I’m not going to do that. I decided that after just hearing some of the information that I heard." https://t.co/muFit5wkAn

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) January 21, 2022

Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Attached: D648F019-EB02-4CBD-9E6E-79F4CE576C21.png (37.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:12 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by budman3:
Unless you were there, no one can say it was a trivial incident. Or what the underlying causes might have been. What if he threw the vacuum at the mother of his child or his son but it happened to miss them? Gray is 23 years old. How old is his son? Even if no one was hurt, would anyone want to put their child in harms way or to even have them see such an action occur between parents?

Just saying, on the surface it may seem like overreactions and it may very well be. But their also could be serious underlying issues that may have to be dealt with here.
the only serious underlying condition I see is your failure at English. Their? Get real. I'll break 3 vacuum cleaners and 2 brooms and lead INTERPOL on an international manhunt to bring me to justice for my crimes. :-)
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:15 PM 01-20-2022
Bo Jackson should have been arrested for breaking bats over his knee. Think about it. A game-used, unbroken Bo Jackson bat would be worth way more than any vacuum cleaner, but he destroyed that property right on camera! He needs to be in jail NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:20 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
Let's all just take a chill pill until all the facts are known. I find it hard to believe that a vacuum, cell phone, door, and wall were all damaged and that total is $225. For all we know, baby mama caused some of that damage. There are already enough "facts" in this thread to warrant overreaction. He wasn't arrested by the Fairway police, the booking slip says "OPPD". The bond is light enough to say it wasn't much of a ruckus. He hasn't been in trouble before here, so the NFL would be hard pressed to suspend him considering all the other players involved with felonies that played this year. What the Chiefs do is another matter. I would suspect they'll hear him out before making any decision.
While I agree with most of this, there's one part that is contentious.

The NFL absolutely can base their discipline on past history, even if it happened in college. Again, it's a somewhat subjective process and the NFL has a lot of leeway in what they CAN do. Hopefully in this case they don't, because it doesn't seem warranted, at least not yet.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:22 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
This is the correct response. Not thinking the arrest is only about a broken vacuum cleaner.
Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
calling BS. If he hurt that woman, he wouldn't have gotten arrested for hurting the vacuum.

There are real DV situations in this world, and bad ones. Equating a broken vacuum to the really bad situations so many women and families find themselves in is absurd. It sets back the cause of women, and nothing less. It makes the issue a joke, and it really isn't.
[Reply]
bobbything 04:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This statute is 100% not dumb. I'd rather err on the side of caution in regards to domestic abuse/violence.
Let's say that he is convicted of only breaking a vacuum cleaner. It comes out he didn't perform any act of violence against her. You think he should have a charge of domestic violence on his record?
[Reply]
jettio 04:34 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by bobbything:
Let's say that he is convicted of only breaking a vacuum cleaner. You think he should have a charge of domestic violence on his record?
I doubt there would be any intention to seek a conviction. More than likely he would be offered a diversion that required some kind of class attendance or therapy.
[Reply]
kstater 04:37 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
calling BS. If he hurt that woman, he wouldn't have gotten arrested for hurting the vacuum.

There are real DV situations in this world, and bad ones. Equating a broken vacuum to the really bad situations so many women and families find themselves in is absurd. It sets back the cause of women, and nothing less. It makes the issue a joke, and it really isn't.
Who said he hit anyone?

[Reply]
bobbything 04:37 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
I doubt there would be any intention to seek a conviction. More than likely he would be offered a diversion that required some kind of class attendance or therapy.
I would doubt that he gets that conviction but I'm just pointing out that that is how it reads in Overland Park, specifically. If you don't have the money for an attorney, you will most definitely get that conviction because the city is incentivized to do so.

I'm pointing out why it's being classified as "domestic violence" when it doesn't appear that she was attacked by Gay.

Edit: I had a criminal defense attorney tell me that OP pursues these types of cases aggressively.
[Reply]
arrwheader 04:39 PM 01-20-2022
This is the correct response. Not thinking the arrest is only about a broken vacuum cleaner.
Oh...so the arrest report and charges brought are not correct? Where in them was it that he did anything more?

JFC.

Dude got pissed in an argument and broke some shit. Pretty fucking common. Why is that so hard to believe? Sometimes the story is just what is is.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:42 PM 01-20-2022
Who said he hit anyone?

Apparently no one. People are so used to false outrage, being outraged on behalf of other people, that now vacuum cleaners are just the same as actual women.

If anything, this whole situation shows that racism really is alive and well. Name me a white man ever got arrested for breaking a vacuum in all recorded history. I'm not into calling everything racist, but this stinks to high heavens.
[Reply]
eDave 04:45 PM 01-20-2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:46 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Bwana:
What is it with this outfit and playoff distractions/drama? Last year Reid Jr. gets liquored up, runs into a car and gets arrested. This year, Willie decides to enter the vacuum tossing competition at his baby mamas house and gets arrested. Obviously Willie's little stunt isn't nearly as detrimental as Reid's, but use your ****ing head.
I think that's part of the problem Willie's head is a little messed up by his own admission. I just hope he's getting the help he needs mental health is important
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:47 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Apparently no one. People are so used to false outrage, being outraged on behalf of other people, that now vacuum cleaners are just the same as actual women.

If anything, this whole situation shows that racism really is alive and well. Name me a white man ever got arrested for breaking a vacuum in all recorded history. I'm not into calling everything racist, but this stinks to high heavens.
As I mentioned earlier, I know someone who happens to be white who punched a wall and damaged it during an argument with his SO.

He was charged and convicted of DV.

Many states and municipalities prosecute DV harshly - zero tolerance.

Why? Because there's too many cases where the cops do nothing because nobody was hurt and the victim later turns up seriously injured or even dead.
[Reply]
bobbything 04:51 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
As I mentioned earlier, I know someone who happens to be white who punched a wall and damaged it during an argument with his SO.

He was charged and convicted of DV.

Many states and municipalities prosecute DV harshly - zero tolerance.

Why? Because there's too many cases where the cops do nothing because nobody was hurt and the victim later turns up seriously injured or even dead.
They also get federal money to enforce these types of situations. They could, instead, be incentivized to actually enforce DV laws when there's real violence against women rather than swinging the pendulum so far in the other direction.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:52 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I think that's part of the problem Willie's head is a little messed up by his own admission. I just hope he's getting the help he needs mental health is important
His head was known to be a little messed up before we even drafted him, bro. If this is the evidence that it backfired, I'm not appalled; I'm amused.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 42
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up