ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 34
« First < 202627282930 31323334 >
Media Center>Robert Pattinson... is Batman.
staylor26 01:41 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Wow. Kilmer and Affleck were probably my favorite Batmen, even if their movies were pretty terrible.

:-) "You know who really knows what the people want? DC!"

Meanwhile Marvel/Disney owns 14 of the top 20 highest grossing films of all time. DC? 0. lol

You're a dipshit.
To be fair, The Batman and The Suicide Squad are better than anything Marvel has put out since Infinity War and Endgame.

The DCEU is still a bit of a mess though.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:51 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
To be fair, The Batman and The Suicide Squad are better than anything Marvel has put out since Infinity War and Endgame.

The Spidermans were better. Hopefully we get some X-Men stuff before long.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:55 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The Spidermans were better. Hopefully we get some X-Men stuff before long.
They were good, but I fully disagree that they were better.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:33 PM 04-23-2022
Wow. Kilmer and Affleck were probably my favorite Batmen, even if their movies were pretty terrible.

:-) "You know who really knows what the people want? DC!"

Meanwhile Marvel/Disney owns 14 of the top 20 highest grossing films of all time. DC? 0. lol

You're a dipshit.
I did not say that Marvel did not have a great track record in the past- but nice strawman argument. :-)

Check out how much money this Batman is bringing in- Today!

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-700-...-office-gross/

Your post is ignorant and irrelevant, the fans have shown their opinion with their ticket buying.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:50 PM 04-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Matter of opinion, but I disagree. Spider-Man FFH and NWH were both on par with The Batman.

Personally, I didn't think The Suicide Squad was even all that good.

The MCU has been a bit weak since Endgame but that makes sense. They just wrapped up a 10 year saga. Most of these properties they're pumping out now are C-listers at best until they bring in X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I did not say that Marvel did not have a great track record in the past- but nice strawman argument. :-)

Check out how much money this Batman is bringing in- Today!

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-700-...-office-gross/

Your post is ignorant and irrelevant, the fans have shown their opinion with their ticket buying.

Wow. You just linked an article showing The Batman, DC's most popular property, just crossed $700m. It's long run out of juice and won't sniff $1B.

Meanwhile Spider-Man: No Way Home nearly hit $2B lol

The Eternals and Shang-Chi both crossed the $400m mark. Literally no one even gives a shit about those characters and Batman couldn't even double their numbers.

You really think this measly $700m with DC's best fucking character is proof of DC getting its shit together?
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:58 PM 04-23-2022
Matter of opinion, but I disagree. Spider-Man FFH and NWH were both on par with The Batman.

Personally, I didn't think The Suicide Squad was even all that good.

The MCU has been a bit weak since Endgame but that makes sense. They just wrapped up a 10 year saga. Most of these properties they're pumping out now are C-listers at best until they bring in X-Men and Fantastic Four.

Wow. You just linked an article showing The Batman, DC's most popular property, just crossed $700m. It's long run out of juice and won't sniff $1B.

Meanwhile Spider-Man: No Way Home nearly hit $2B lol

The Eternals and Shang-Chi both crossed the $400m mark. Literally no one even gives a shit about those characters and Batman couldn't even double their numbers.

You really think this measly $700m with DC's best ****ing character is proof of DC getting its shit together?

How about reviews? Would that show that fans liked it since you want to ignore The Batman is the highest-grossing show of the year in only 45 days of release?

Huge hit on Rotton Tomatoes

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman

Now it is killing it on HBO.

https://movieweb.com/the-batman-hbo-max-debut-numbers/

So yeah- my original post stating that DC looks to be on the uptrend as Disney is mired in "wokeness" stands.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 12:02 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I thought it was overrated when it first came out.
Same here, Batman Begins is the best of the Bale Batman movies IMO.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:40 PM 04-22-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
Same here, Batman Begins is the best of the Bale Batman movies IMO.
We are certainly in the minority, though. But that's the only one of the three I'll still occasionally watch. Much like the '89 Keaton Batman, it goes off the rails a bit at the end, but the origin story part is fantastic.
[Reply]
Fish 11:11 PM 04-22-2022
Finally watched this. Thought it was pretty meh. Pattinson was better than I expected. But still... Way too long for the resulting story. Much less action than I expected. The motives were weird. I really liked how the portrayed the Riddler and his insanity. Making him a normal looking nerd type but being so evil and competent was pretty neat. The part with Joker at the end was cool. But up to that point, it was mostly a drag.
[Reply]
srvy 11:58 PM 04-23-2022
I didn't like this batman at all I almost gave up somewhere near the middle but stuck it out. They even made Alfred the Butler uninteresting. The Riddler was acted terribly no way anyone would have followed him for that ending.

Also could we have gotten any less a look at the batmobile? It must have been a real clown car since we didn't get a close look.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:15 AM 04-24-2022
I really liked the movie. Gritty feel and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:55 AM 04-24-2022
I don’t normally complain about too many movies. I thought this was the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen ( I liked the campy 90s , flame away ). I too, was about to turn it off halfway through. Hated the riddler. Hated the “extras” at the end. Hated the end inside Arkham, setting up the sequel. Car scene with the penguin was okay, if not “magical” lol. Maybe it’s my middle-agedness, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just not into Emo-Batman.
If you liked it, great I’m glad you do. But I didn’t go in expecting much, and that’s what I got.

5/10.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:33 AM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
I don’t normally complain about too many movies. I thought this was the worst Batman movie I’ve ever seen ( I liked the campy 90s , flame away ). I too, was about to turn it off halfway through. Hated the riddler. Hated the “extras” at the end. Hated the end inside Arkham, setting up the sequel. Car scene with the penguin was okay, if not “magical” lol. Maybe it’s my middle-agedness, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just not into Emo-Batman.
If you liked it, great I’m glad you do. But I didn’t go in expecting much, and that’s what I got.

5/10.
Enjoy Batman Forever then I guess. :-)

or if that's not campy enough for you, there's always Batman & Robin
:-)

[Reply]
Molitoth 07:22 AM 04-24-2022
I liked it. I thought Pattinson was a really good choice for Batman.

No Batman will ever be as good as Nolan's versions, but this one tried and if Nolan didn't already do it, it would have been the best.

PS: the super unrealistic car chase scene where he jumped over the explosion... uhhh please stop doing this hollywood.
[Reply]
listopencil 06:10 PM 04-24-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I liked it. I thought Pattinson was a really good choice for Batman.

No Batman will ever be as good as Nolan's versions, but this one tried and if Nolan didn't already do it, it would have been the best.

PS: the super unrealistic car chase scene where he jumped over the explosion... uhhh please stop doing this hollywood.
There was a ramp in the pile up. Did you miss the ramp? That makes it OK.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 34
« First < 202627282930 31323334 >
Up