ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sigh. How the fuck do I watch the Royals?
Dante84 02:03 PM 06-10-2024
- I知 in the KC market.
- I have YoutubeTV.
- YouTubeTV does not carry the Bally sports channels.
- MLB TV pass doesn稚 work because I am in the KC market, so it痴 blacked out.

What the **** are my options here?

- I知 not buying an additional cable package or streaming provider. I'm fine with one-offs, just not a multi-channel duplication of what I already get with YoutubeTV.
- I知 not clicking into Ethiopian livestream every game to deal with buffering issues, boner pill pop-up ads, or having my identity stolen.

EDIT/UPDATE: For anyone in the same boat, the solution was going direct through the Bally's app.
[Reply]
TribalElder 03:10 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
How do I watch the Royals

[Reply]
TrebMaxx 03:17 PM 06-10-2024
Okay I just signed up for this POS service; $67 bucks for a Season Pass. Let's see if it works for tonight's game... appreciate the assist if so!
Now if the Royals go on a major slump we know who to blame. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 03:48 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
Now if the Royals go on a major slump we know who to blame. :-)
I was there in NYC when we won it all, so if anything, I知 hoping I carry us to the finish line!
[Reply]
Frazod 03:58 PM 06-10-2024
These new streaming deals are absolute horseshit/pure fucking evil. Up here, if you want to watch the Cubs (which I don't) you have to subscribe to Marquee Channel. However, unless you have an ISP that appears on Marquee's list of providers, you don't have an option to buy the service. Our ISP is T-Mobile, and they don't appear on the drop down list, and there appears to be no way around it. And much like everything else internet provided, there is no customer service.

The kicker? On Marquee's main page, it says, and I shit you not, "powered by T-Mobile." You can't make this crap up. :-)

I only know this because my wife was trying to watch the Cubs games when they were playing the Braves. Likewise, I'll never be able to watch another Cubs/Cardinals game from my house. And even if I could sign up for it, I'm not paying these unholy thieving fucks $20 a month to watch a handful of games over the course of a season.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:17 PM 06-10-2024
Bally's has gotta be one of the most hated companies in the KC sports market. Right up there with whatever company Kevin Keitzman sets his name to
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:20 PM 06-10-2024
I was there in NYC when we won it all, so if anything, I知 hoping I carry us to the finish line!
Hey, me too! I thought you looked familiar...
[Reply]
Ceej 04:21 PM 06-10-2024
Streameast.

I watch them from Green Bay.

Free of charge.
[Reply]
jettio 04:28 PM 06-10-2024
- I’m in the KC market.
- I have YoutubeTV.
- YouTubeTV does not carry the Bally sports channels.
- MLB TV pass doesn’t work because I am in the KC market, so it’s blacked out.

What the **** are my options here?

- I’m not buying an additional cable package or streaming provider.
- I’m not clicking into Ethiopian livestream every game to deal with buffering issues, boner pill pop-up ads, or having my identity stolen.
Are you a Yankee fan?

Wait until today to bring this up? IDK, looks suspect.

Gehrig Dieter is a Yankee fan from a family of Yankee fans, that is why he was named Gehrig.

I pay the $19 subscription fee. It works okay on Roku. I watch it more on desktop browser than Roku because not easy to channel surf between innings on Roku.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:34 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
These new streaming deals are absolute horseshit/pure ****ing evil.
It really is wild. It's like they're actively trying to kill the sport.

The Pac-12 held firm on making it damn near impossible to get the Pac-12 Network in the LA metro area. That worked out really well for the conference.

Have all these regional channels been bought out by private equity or something, and they're now just being stripped for parts? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
[Reply]
poolboy 05:15 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Are you a Yankee fan?

Wait until today to bring this up? IDK, looks suspect.

Gehrig Dieter is a Yankee fan from a family of Yankee fans, that is why he was named Gehrig.

I pay the $19 subscription fee. It works okay on Roku. I watch it more on desktop browser than Roku because not easy to channel surf between innings on Roku.
Yanks and Dodgers this week...not mad about it
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:17 PM 06-10-2024
Bally's because they SUCK BALLS as a provider
[Reply]
dlphg9 05:23 PM 06-10-2024
The MLB is one of the worst run sports leagues out there. Bally's has sure helped them get to shit tier by being the shittiest broadcasting company ever. How they were able to get the broadcasting rights to all these teams is beyond me.

They pulled off most streaming services, so they could charge a god damn insane amount of money per month ($20). They've pretty well burnt bridges with the streaming services, so they aren't getting money from them. Absolutely no one wants to give them money to play commercials, because companies aren't gonna waste advertising money on a shitty streaming service. They play the same 3-4 commercials and can't even fill up an entire commercial break, so they have to play annoying ass basketball dribbling sounds or squeaky shoe sounds for 30 seconds to a minute to fill up the commercial break.

No wonder the piece of shit company is going bankrupt. The bate minimum of ad revenue. They have to pay the teams to keep broadcasting the games. They have like one streaming company they're working with. All of that means is the majority of their money comes from the $20/month they get from subscribers and I'm willing to bet that can't be too many. They're literally bleeding money.

Here's some news from about a week ago. After this season we won't be watching on Ballys Sports Network. We will watch the Royals on...

Drum roll please.....

FanDuel Sports Network!!!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/bal...163257832.html

We’re more than one-third of the way through the Major League Baseball season, and some Royals fans are still hoping to stream games on Amazon Prime at some point this season.

Diamond Sports Group, the parent company of Bally Sports Kansas City, said in January it had a plan to emerge from bankruptcy with the help of a Restructuring Support Agreement that includes a financial deal with Amazon.

That deal with Amazon has yet to be finalized by Diamond, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection ahead of the 2023 season. Those bankruptcy court proceedings are continuing and there was a bit of news this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sportico reported Tuesday the 18 regional sports networks (RSNs) owned by Diamond, which includes Bally Sports Kansas City, likely will be getting a new name.

“We recently reached an agreement in principle with a third party on rebranding the RSNs and we are working diligently to turn that agreement in principle into a document agreement,” Diamond’s lawyers told the court, per Sportico.

While Diamond didn’t reveal the new rebranding partner in court, Bloomberg reported the gambling company FanDuel was close to an agreement to have its name replace Bally Sports on those RSNs.

“A multiyear deal between the companies would also involve FanDuel-related programming for the channels,” Christopher Palmeri wrote, “according to people familiar with the terms, which are still being finalized.”

ADVERTISEMENT

This wouldn’t have an effect on Royals games this year, but the name FanDuel would replace Bally Sports Kansas City at the conclusion of the 2024 season, Sportico said.

That story also noted that Major League Baseball doesn’t believe the Diamond Sports Group has the financial wherewithal to continue carrying games on its RSNs.

“We still have substantial concerns about the viability of the debtors’ business plan,” MLB attorney James Bromley told the court during Tuesday’s scheduled status update, Sportico reported.

In making that case, MLB pointed to the dispute between the Diamond Sports Group and Comcast/Xfinity that has left many Royals fans unable to watch games since early May.

ADVERTISEMENT

That impasse is just one issue for Royals fans. Many have been frustrated for years about the lack of affordable streaming options.

Royals chairman/CEO John Sherman is aware of the discontent and said earlier this year that Major League Baseball would like to move away from an RSN model.

“I think long term, the league ultimately would like to get those rights back,” Sherman said. “I mean, that’s really what they’ve been arguing in the bankruptcy court. ... So there’s a lot to do there.

“But ... ultimately we’d like to get the rights back and then put together our own partnership with maybe it’s Amazon, maybe it’s Apple. We think baseball has left some money on the table in terms of our media rights values. When we’re packaged up in a regional sports network with the NHL and the NBA, we have more content and it has higher ratings than either basketball or hockey in most of the markets we’re in. So in some ways baseball is sort of subsidizing those sports on a local level.”
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:28 PM 06-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I felt the same way as you until Bally's made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I got 1 month for $14.95 with the following month free. And then it will auto-renew for $19.95, if I don't cancel. So I basically have Royals games now whenever I want, through August for $35.

I don't know if they are still running that promo or not.

EDIT: I found the email they sent and the offer expired 5/31. The promo code was KCBALLY24, maybe it still works.
Thanks. I may try that.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:32 PM 06-10-2024
Update:

- It’s working fine and not lagging.
- The audio sounds like it’s coming through mono. It sucks.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:53 PM 06-10-2024
It's almost like MLB wanted to completely kill baseball with garbage like Ballys. Fox Sports Midwest was the shit
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up