Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Melvin Ingram signs with Dolphins
rabblerouser 03:00 PM 05-15-2022
Well. Fuck.
[Reply]
Hoover 03:01 PM 05-15-2022
Good.

Play the young kids, we can still add some veterans to the pass rush.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:04 PM 05-15-2022
I am displeased.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:05 PM 05-15-2022
Obligatory over-the-hill & overrated.
[Reply]
austing24 03:06 PM 05-15-2022
With the cap space we have and acknowledgement that we have a need at EDGE, there’s no way we placed the UFA tender on Ingram because we wanted him back. We almost assuredly could’ve exceeded Miami’s offer if we truly wanted to Ingram back.

Think we did this because we knew a team like MIA would sign him to an offer over $4.4M and we’d pick up the comp pick. There are still plenty of solid veteran edge rushers that we can add to the rotation that would have the same impact as Ingram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
JPH83 03:30 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by austing24:
With the cap space we have and acknowledgement that we have a need at EDGE, there’s no way we placed the UFA tender on Ingram because we wanted him back. We almost assuredly could’ve exceeded Miami’s offer if we truly wanted to Ingram back.

Think we did this because we knew a team like MIA would sign him to an offer over $4.4M and we’d pick up the comp pick. There are still plenty of solid veteran edge rushers that we can add to the rotation that would have the same impact as Ingram.

Who? Sorry, I think this is just wrong. He was the best left. If we want to improve the pass rush from the DE we'll need a trade.
[Reply]
austing24 04:25 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Who? Sorry, I think this is just wrong. He was the best left. If we want to improve the pass rush from the DE we'll need a trade.

Dunlap? Clowney? JPP? Likely a few others via cuts throughout the offseason? And we have plenty of draft assets to trade if need be. Ingram doesn’t move the needle anymore than the aforementioned names, most of which will likely be the same cost.

Ingram isn’t that great. He just stood out last year because nobody on our defense played with any effort or intensity outside of him and Bolton.

[Reply]
JPH83 12:51 AM 05-16-2022
Originally Posted by austing24:
Dunlap? Clowney? JPP? Likely a few others via cuts throughout the offseason? And we have plenty of draft assets to trade if need be. Ingram doesn’t move the needle anymore than the aforementioned names, most of which will likely be the same cost.

Ingram isn’t that great. He just stood out last year because nobody on our defense played with any effort or intensity outside of him and Bolton.

Clowney perhaps but he'll be pricier I bet. All those had worse PFF grades across the board. Dunlap is fine, JPP is completely washed. You won't get as many pressures with Clowney. It's a trade now if we want to improve, unless we see another FA cut somewhere.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:14 PM 05-15-2022
Guys we got ONE SACK with Ingram on the field against Cinci who had one of the worst o-lines in playoff history so needless to say I ain't crying right now. I'm actually happy Veach has to move in a different direction now..Clowney is simply better than Ingram and should be the target.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:19 PM 05-15-2022
Rakeem Nunez-Roches for the win
[Reply]
scho63 03:20 PM 05-15-2022
I trust in Brian Leetch
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:26 PM 05-15-2022
Let’s trade the comp pick for him at the trade deadline!
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:34 PM 05-15-2022
Fuck.

So much for the theory that he was just avoiding as much of preseason as he could.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:38 PM 05-15-2022
Dude fuckin sucks and is washed since he didn’t sign here
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:58 PM 05-15-2022
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Dude ****in sucks and is washed since he didn’t sign here
Carcosa is going to want him dead!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 25
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up