ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs cornerback Charvarius Ward’s path from wheelchair to mama’s boy to the NFL
RealSNR 06:01 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Veach may have nabbed a Josh Johnson-like talent in exchange for a brokedick OL.

Would really help open up our draft this year.
...Josh Johnson the QB?
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:04 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
...Josh Johnson the QB?
Jackson, sorry.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:05 PM 01-16-2019
His mom did a really good job with the names on the two kids in the story. I need to know the rest of them now.
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:11 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
His mom did a really good job with the names on the two kids in the story. I need to know the rest of them now.
Lol. At first I thought, wow they really spelled his name wrong!
[Reply]
Frosty 06:11 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pablo:
A brother named Charvulius, a sister named Charvette and another sister named Charvene.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:17 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Frosty:
A brother named Charvulius, a sister named Charvette and another sister named Charvene.
All named after their dear old Grandad, Charvelomite
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:31 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
All named after their dear old Grandad, Charvelomite
He just smiled and gave me a Charvelomite sandwich.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:17 PM 01-16-2019
Good story. Hope the coaches get him prepared for this week. I imagine BB and the NE DC will look to pick on him.
[Reply]
threebag 07:18 PM 01-16-2019
Kids a blanket out there on his man.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:30 PM 01-16-2019
I wasn't really familiar with his story. I don't mean this one either.

He's athletic, big for a corner, and plays aggressive. 22 years old. Overlooked because he was a division II guy.

Man, I hope he's not fool's gold. He's played great.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:46 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I wasn't really familiar with his story. I don't mean this one either.

He's athletic, big for a corner, and plays aggressive. 22 years old. Overlooked because he was a division II guy.

Man, I hope he's not fool's gold. He's played great.
We've had some no-name corners who showed promise and then took a step back over the years (Cooper comes to mind recently), but it sounds like he's got the smarts to hopefully keep it up.

But even if not, if he just plays quality ball for the next two games, no one will ever say a bad thing about him in KC for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:32 PM 01-16-2019
What a great story! I like him even more now.

As I mentioned in a thread about him after the game, if you go back and re-watch that game he was showing elite cover skills and was physically dominating whoever he was on. Hilton may not have been 100%, but he wasn't 100% the week before when he torched the Texans either. Ward was on him like glue. Made another really nice breakup on Pascal too. Elite cover skills the entire game, until they backed off at the end. His college tape looked really good, but he looked totally over-matched in that Seattle game, and you never know how small college guys like will translate. If he can somehow keep playing like he played last Saturday, that's a game-changer for our defense.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:08 PM 01-16-2019
Yet another reason to like the kid. What a great story... Thank you for posting this.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:51 PM 01-16-2019
Nice story and makes me happy to hear this but this part makes me WTF?

Originally Posted by :
Ward said he was so out of shape both physically and mentally for that first game that he felt like he couldn’t breathe.
I suppose if you don't play full games and just practice you don't get the same work out and level of cardio workout as playing every Sunday?

But it seems you have all the time you need on your hands to be in shape and simulate game time. You literally have nothing else to do.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:56 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Nice story and makes me happy to hear this but this part makes me WTF?

I suppose if you don't play full games and just practice you don't get the same work out and level of cardio workout as playing every Sunday?

But it seems you have all the time you need on your hands to be in shape and simulate game time. You literally have nothing else to do.

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all. I wonder if maybe going all-out speed in the games may take it out of you if you're already hyped up about starting?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up