< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign former Bills Punter Matt Araiza
Azide22 02:22 AM 02-23-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Hoo boy

That's just honest to God unbelievable.
[Reply]
BigRock 02:15 PM 02-22-2024
Townsend was nails in the Super Bowl. But too shaky in the playoffs overall and either he can't punt out of bounds to avoid touchbacks or Toub just prefers to gamble that maybe someone can get there and down it. I'm assuming it's not the latter.

Possible big W assuming Araiza hasn't been fried mentally by everything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:16 PM 02-22-2024
lmao they're gonna hate us so much when we get him a ring
[Reply]
KC Shox 02:17 PM 02-22-2024
Good for us and him. This Me Too crap and guilty to proven innocent ideology is pure bull excrement. Trevor Bauer needs to be signed now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:17 PM 02-22-2024
Sorry, don't get it.

I don't have any real opinion on the controversy, but he will be controversial fair or not. If this is just to give Townsend free agent competition there are a million who can do it without controversy. So why not just do that?

In Townsend we have a real good one and I really don't want to fuck with the guy who holds for a kicker on an absolute tear right now. I hope araiza finds a good gig somewhere. He deserves it. I just don't think this is worth it
[Reply]
staylor26 02:18 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Sorry, don't get it.

I don't have any real opinion on the controversy, but he will be controversial fair or not. If this is just to give Townsend free agent competition there are a million who can do it without controversy. So why not just do that?

In Townsend we have a real good one and I really don't want to fuck with the guy who holds for a kicker on an absolute tear right now. I hope araiza finds a good gig somewhere. He deserves it. I just don't think this is worth it
:-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:23 PM 02-22-2024
We should be forever grateful for Tommy's hold on the bad snap on Butker's record 57-yard FG in SB58.
[Reply]
Fishels 05:25 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
We should be forever grateful for Tommy's hold on the bad snap on Butker's record 57-yard FG in SB58.
This. He was a good lad
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:18 PM 02-22-2024
Sorry, don't get it.

In Townsend we have a real good one and I really don't want to **** with the guy who holds for a kicker on an absolute tear right now. I hope araiza finds a good gig somewhere. He deserves it. I just don't think this is worth it
:-) Never change Zilla, never change.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:21 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) Never change Zilla, never change.
Change about what? It's a lot more about Townsend than araiza. I don't really want to fuck with something that isn't broken. I have no issues whatsoever with araiza getting a work somewhere. He deserves it.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:22 PM 02-22-2024
Change about what? It's a lot more about Townsend than araiza. I don't really want to fuck with something that isn't broken. I have no issues whatsoever with araiza getting a work somewhere. He deserves it.
Townsend hasn't been consistent. For every great punt...he's had a shit one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Right?

And the guy's probably going to want $4-5 million to stay.

I've been saying we needed to let Townsend go for months. I have no interest in re-signing the guy. And this is a killer replacement who can probably be an upgrade with a little work with Toub. And he's going to be cheap for the foreseeable future.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:40 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I mean, I wouldn't go that far about inconsistency though I agree he was more inconsistent this year. he's still one of the better punters in the league. And i can't help but wonder how much battling injuries all year might have something to do with that. We said the same about butker last season.

I care a lot more about the holding than the punting. And Townsend has finally got it down where araiza was trying to learn it. I dunno... Given the season butker had I don't want to mess with it
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:42 PM 02-22-2024
Change about what? It's a lot more about Townsend than araiza. I don't really want to **** with something that isn't broken. I have no issues whatsoever with araiza getting a work somewhere. He deserves it.
Townsend is going to get a pretty decent payday and Arazia is a better kicker. Dont overthink it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:56 PM 02-22-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Townsend is going to get a pretty decent payday and Arazia is a better kicker. Dont overthink it.
They better be 200% sure he can hold. Justin Tucker kept his punter around for an eternity because he refused to change holders. Doesn't make me comfortable that he was learning to hold for a very short buffalo training camp.

Also, as of now we know the dude has an unreal leg. Still a lot to prove that he's a better all around punter. Touchback rate isn't great for a league and a team that will need a lot of shorter field punts. I mean I guess it's worth a shot to see how much he can flash in the next few months before you make a decision on Townsend. But I don't think we'll have nearly enough time to know what we have before we make that call on Townsend
[Reply]
Page 3 of 28
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up