ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you take your hat off at the dinner table?
petegz28 09:11 PM 07-31-2021
It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a fairly nice or better restaurant to see guys wearing their hats at the table. I am not talking about some dude at lunch at McDonald's. I'm talking about a nice steak house or likewise having dinner with the family.

When I was growing up I was taught to take my hat off in the house but if I ever sat at the table with it on it would have been removed for me.

And if I tried to walk into my Grandmother's house, especially the kitchen, the hat was removed for me without me being asked to take it off.

Do you take your hat off at the table?
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:12 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Men don't wear hats at the dinner table, period. Little immature bitches, maybe, but men, no.

Of course, nowadays this world is rife with little ****s masquerading as men. But that's not my problem.
Why? Special occasions aside, what makes sitting at a table and putting food in your mouth a sacred, hat-free zone?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:15 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
This man does but when and where I take it off is the difference. Casual dining is just that.
I don't get it. it's not hard. Indoors, you take your hat off for dinner. Is there some difficulty here? Is it that hard to take off your hat? Do you have some debilitating illness that prevents you from removing your hat?

There are a few hard and fast rules: you take your hat off for dinner. You help a lady with her seat. you pay for your date's/wife's meal. Is there that much trouble remembering that much?
[Reply]
eDave 10:16 PM 07-31-2021
I don't get it. it's not hard. Indoors, you take your hat off for dinner. Is there some difficulty here? Is it that hard to take off your hat? Do you have some debilitating illness that prevents you from removing your hat?

There are a few hard and fast rules: you take your hat off for dinner. You help a lady with her seat. you pay for your date's/wife's meal. Is there that much trouble remembering that much?
What do you do with your gun?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:17 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
What do you do with your gun?
It stays in my pants.

Is there some new-fangled rule about doing something with our gun these days?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:18 PM 07-31-2021
I am a proper gentleman and generally slide a condom onto my dick during dinner service. Keep nice and protected.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:18 PM 07-31-2021
I've found it's better that my gun stays in my pants as well. It keeps the restraining orders to a minimum.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:19 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
If I'm eating a casual dinner at home (or in casual restaurant) with family, who gives a **** if someone is wearing a baseball cap? If everyone is dressing up for some reason, that's different.

Common sense and comfort have come a long ways since when the boomers were growing up, thankfully.

You see pictures of men wearing hat and suits to baseball games, even in the 1960s. Why? Had to be uncomfortable as hell, especially in the summer. For what purpose? To look nice? For who? It's stupid.
>implying you have friends
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:28 PM 07-31-2021

Seats must have been a lot more complicated in the olde days.
[Reply]
eDave 10:29 PM 07-31-2021
It stays in my pants.

Is there some new-fangled rule about doing something with our gun these days?
Casually curious.

I'm watching Tombstone and they have no issue with guns at the table apparently and it doesn't look very safe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:29 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Why? Special occasions aside, what makes sitting at a table and putting food in your mouth a sacred, hat-free zone?
:-)
I suppose i should try to understand that the average millennial just doesn't understand the simple concept of 'respect.'

Someone took the time and effort to put together a meal for you, dipstick. Taking your hat off is a sign of respect for those that provided a meal for you. t's also a sign of respect for those that you're having a meal with.

JC, I can't believe that anyone would have to explain such a simple concept.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:30 PM 07-31-2021
Casually curious.

I'm watching Tombstone and they have no issue with guns at the table apparently and it doesn't look very safe.
Why? Do you think the guns are going to begin firing themselves?
[Reply]
eDave 10:31 PM 07-31-2021
Why? Do you think the guns are going to begin firing themselves?
That's my fear, yes.
[Reply]
srvy 10:31 PM 07-31-2021

Do you take your hat off in a pizza parlor fast food restaurant picnic? I think you are going a little overboard on this rule.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:32 PM 07-31-2021
Casually curious.

After the Earps took over, they weren't even allowed in city limits.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:34 PM 07-31-2021
That's my fear, yes.
Guns don't fire themselves. Problem solved.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 22
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up