ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's your Chiefs Mount Rushmore look like?
Bl00dyBizkitz 05:48 PM 06-24-2024
NFL Throwback just dropped a pretty neat video putting together every team's Mount Rushmore.

Here's what they put for the Chiefs, in no particular order.

1. Derrick Thomas
2. Tony Gonzalez
3. Travis Kelce
4. Patrick Mahomes

Thoughts? What would you change, if any?

EDIT - Forgot about the Honorable Mentions.
Len Dawson
Bobby Bell
Willie Lanier
Will Shields
Buck Buchanan
Johnny Robinson
Emmitt Thomas
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:31 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by srvy:
Derrick Johnson was a better all-around LB than DT. DT was a phenomenal speed rusher. That got him on the Ring of Honor and PFHOF. It's not a slight if he doesn't make the Mt Rushmore.
I was pretty young when DT was in his prime but really feels like you are selling him short. He was the face of our franchise for the majority of the 90's. 1990s All decade team, NFL sacks leader (1990), 2 x 1st team All Pro, 3 x 2nd team All Pro, NFL defensive rookie of year, 9 x Pro Bowl. Widely considered one of the best pure pass rushers of all-time.

Derrick Johnson was terrific. He wasn't a better player than DT. Not really in the same ballpark.

You are also comparing two different positions. DT was a hand in the dirt pass rusher. DJ was a stand up linebacker. Apples and oranges.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:34 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Which franchise has the best Mt Rushmore?

Packers?
Starr
Reggie White
Favre
Rodgers

49ers?
Montana
Rice
Young
Owens/Lott

Vikings? Surprisingly?
Tarkenton
Carter
Moss
Peterson
Not Denver, that’s for sure.

After Horseface… it’s not exactly an impressive group of candidates.

Manning is more identified as a Colt.

Terrell Davis? Meh

Von Miller? Meh

Shannon Sharpe?
[Reply]
srvy 11:03 PM 06-24-2024
I was pretty young when DT was in his prime but really feels like you are selling him short. He was the face of our franchise for the majority of the 90's. 1990s All decade team, NFL sacks leader (1990), 2 x 1st team All Pro, 3 x 2nd team All Pro, NFL defensive rookie of year, 9 x Pro Bowl. Widely considered one of the best pure pass rushers of all-time.

Derrick Johnson was terrific. He wasn't a better player than DT. Not really in the same ballpark.

You are also comparing two different positions. DT was a hand in the dirt pass rusher. DJ was a stand up linebacker. Apples and oranges.
I'm comparing linebackers not speed rushers. I am not taking anything away from Derrick and all his sacks. The thing is Mount Rushmore of linebackers and I start thinking all around do it all. I don't feel like I am slighting DT just as a whole he was limited.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:14 PM 06-24-2024

Vikings? Surprisingly?
Tarkenton
Carter
Moss
Peterson
I would take Alan Page over Cris Carter. Obviously, Carter caught a shitload of TDs and had the stats, but he was a move the chains receiver. He wasn't that super elite receiver that can score from anywhere on the field.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan88 04:42 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I would take Alan Page over Cris Carter. Obviously, Carter caught a shitload of TDs and had the stats, but he was a move the chains receiver. He wasn't that super elite receiver that can score from anywhere on the field.
I agree, Carter was great but Page was a beast, Page should be on all Vikings rushmore, he was the first player to win most valuable player on defense
[Reply]
George Liquor 04:55 AM 06-25-2024
Sabby Piscitelli x 4
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:28 AM 06-25-2024
Lenny Dawson, DT, Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:17 AM 06-25-2024

Packers?
Starr
Reggie White
Favre
Rodgers

49ers?
Montana
Rice
Young
Owens/Lott

Vikings? Surprisingly?
Tarkenton
Carter
Moss
Peterson
Without putting too much thought into it, I’d say the 49ers have the inside track. When Deion Sanders doesn’t make your Mt Rushmore, you know you're loaded.

Cowboys would have a strong case, as would the Patriots.

Really, any franchise with four or more Super Bowl wins is likely to be near the top of the list.

Ravens are surprisingly stacked for only existing for 30 years. Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Ogden all have a legit claim for GOAT at their positions.
[Reply]
DJay23 06:44 AM 06-25-2024
Mahomes
Lanier
Dawson
DT
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 07:12 AM 06-25-2024
Dawson
Mahomes
D. Thomas
Lanier
[Reply]
In58men 07:17 AM 06-25-2024
If we’re including coaches/staff

1. Mahomes

2. Veach

3. Reid

4. Kelce
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:48 AM 06-25-2024
Remove Tony G like a piece of stuck food that you Heimliched out
[Reply]
alanm 07:54 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
Lin Elliot
Elvis Grbac
Matt Cassel
Bartee
Elvis Grbac was a above average NFL QB. He wasn't near as bad as the rest of these clowns. In fact I had the enjoyment of watching him lead the Chiefs to a 4th quarter comeback win over the Bronco's in 2000 in Denver hitting Derrick Alexander for the winning TD to pull out a 23-22 win. Then when I got back to my car only to find out it had been towed even when it was lawfully parked on a side street a few blks from the stadium which cost me $100 bucks to get it out. Fucking bastard Denver cops. That still didn't diminish watching the Chiefs rip the heart out of the Bronco's in the last minute. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:54 AM 06-25-2024

Packers?
Starr
Reggie White
Favre
Rodgers

49ers?
Montana
Rice
Young
Owens/Lott

Vikings? Surprisingly?
Tarkenton
Carter
Moss
Peterson
You have to have Don Hutson on the Packers' list, and I'd put Jim Taylor (barely) over Starr.

Reggie White is a weird case. You could make an argument that he should be on the NFL's Mount Rushmore but should he be on any team's Mount Rushmore? Not playing for a team your entire career really hurts your case, in my opinion.

For the Packers, I'd go with Hutson, Favre, Jim Taylor, and either Starr, Forrest Greg, or Reggie White depending on White's years with the Packers.

The Packers certainly have one of the strongest Mount Rushmores, but then again they've also got over 100 years in the talent pool.
[Reply]
alanm 08:03 AM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
You have to have Don Hutson on the Packers' list, and I'd put Jim Taylor (barely) over Starr.

Reggie White is a weird case. You could make an argument that he should be on the NFL's Mount Rushmore but should he be on any team's Mount Rushmore? Not playing for a team your entire career really hurts your case, in my opinion.

For the Packers, I'd go with Hutson, Favre, Jim Taylor, and either Starr, Forrest Greg, or Reggie White depending on White's years with the Packers.

The Packers certainly have one of the strongest Mount Rushmores, but then again they've also got over 100 years in the talent pool.
Reggie White should be on the Eagles Mt. Rushmore. He was only with the Packers for a short time.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up