ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 299 of 366
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:43 AM 10-20-2018
I’m going to swap the 305 out of my 87 Monte Carlo ss. I am still on the fence about what I want to do. Part of me wants to just LS swap it, but the fabricator in me wants to do something crazy like a 2jzgte or RB26Dett. The LS swap is super overdone, but that makes it a lot cheaper and easier too. Hmm
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:04 AM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
I've got a 14 5.3 at the shop that absolutely grenaded. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Broke the block from head to head on the back 2 cylinders, broke both heads, blew the upper oil pan in two all the way to the balancer , broke the starter, broke the bellhousing and case on the transmission, broke 2 torque cover bolts, broke the ac compressor, ripped the wiring harness in two.

I've never seen anything like it.

A dealer in Minnesota claimed it was the afm that caused it, said the valves must have worked when they weren't supposed to and allowed fuel to get into those cylinders and it exploded.

Its direct injected:-)
Sounds like it filled the cylinders with fuel and hydrostaticed. Thats what my motor did on 1 cylinder a few years ago, destroyed a piston, bent 3 rods and damaged one of the heads.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:14 AM 10-20-2018
Install the Range AFM Delete and forget about it.

I've got a 14 5.3 at the shop that absolutely grenaded. Probably the worst I've ever seen. Broke the block from head to head on the back 2 cylinders, broke both heads, blew the upper oil pan in two all the way to the balancer , broke the starter, broke the bellhousing and case on the transmission, broke 2 torque cover bolts, broke the ac compressor, ripped the wiring harness in two.

I've never seen anything like it.

A dealer in Minnesota claimed it was the afm that caused it, said the valves must have worked when they weren't supposed to and allowed fuel to get into those cylinders and it exploded.

Its direct injected:-)

[Reply]
SAUTO 10:16 AM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Install the Range AFM Delete and forget about it.
No. They suck. I just turned it off in the tune
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:22 AM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Sounds like it filled the cylinders with fuel and hydrostaticed. Thats what my motor did on 1 cylinder a few years ago, destroyed a piston, bent 3 rods and damaged one of the heads.
definitely could have.

My point was that the valves don't control the fuel delivery...lol
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:34 AM 10-20-2018
I guess I need to expand my vocabulary. "hydrostaticed"

Doesn't reprogramming a customers PCM ECM ECU void the powertrain warranty?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:36 AM 10-20-2018

Doesn't reprogramming a customers PCM ECM ECU void the powertrain warranty?
What does that matter on a 150k vehicle? Why would I be putting an engine in a vehicle that was in under factory warranty?

And if it was you just turn it back on before taking to the dealer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:50 AM 10-20-2018
definitely could have.

My point was that the valves don't control the fuel delivery...lol
Oh yea, I got that.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:56 AM 10-20-2018
I'm sure I am spinning my wheels here but....

Originally Posted by :
Hydrostatic means that energy transfer is brought about by fluid flow and pressure.
Fluid flow = Fuel entering cylinder
Pressure= Intake valve closes and piston raises.
Energy Transfer = Liquid does not compress therefore "boom"
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:08 PM 10-20-2018
Oh yea, I got that.
I figured you did. I was mainly just saying that to save cooper the trouble of googling it
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:12 PM 10-20-2018
I'm sure I am spinning my wheels here but...."hydrostaticed"

Fluid flow = Fuel entering cylinder
Pressure= Intake valve closes and piston raises.
Energy Transfer = Liquid does not compress therefore "boom"

[Reply]
SAUTO 12:14 PM 10-20-2018
Sadly last I checked no one had figured out how to crack the 8speed trans controller so I haven't been able to do my truck yet. Was hoping they figured it out by the time it hit 60k. We may be starting over soon though.

Up to almost 20k to repair it at this point and they still wouldn't total it
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 10-20-2018

Went for a long drive today. Weather is nice and the car is running very nicely.

Need to find someone to machine the slots my aluminum hood hinges so I can slide the hood back about another 3/8", its bottomed out on the back of the hinge. Gap is driving me nuts.Thats why the gap on the front of the hood bar looks off on the corner.
[Reply]
hometeam 01:55 PM 10-20-2018
Sadly last I checked no one had figured out how to crack the 8speed trans controller so I haven't been able to do my truck yet. Was hoping they figured it out by the time it hit 60k. We may be starting over soon though.

Up to almost 20k to repair it at this point and they still wouldn't total it
I heard my guy talking about this the other day. somebody has it figured out and its like 5 grand to tune it~
[Reply]
lewdog 02:07 PM 10-20-2018

Went for a long drive today. Weather is nice and the car is running very nicely.

Need to find someone to machine the slots my aluminum hood hinges so I can slide the hood back about another 3/8", its bottomed out on the back of the hinge. Gap is driving me nuts.Thats why the gap on the front of the hood bar looks off on the corner.
I absolutely love your car. Great picture too.

Enjoy the ride man.
[Reply]
Page 299 of 366
« First < 199249289295296297298299 300301302303309349 > Last »
Up